• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride

This ought to be hilarious... This is the same trash bleacher report guy that said the Steelers need to draft a CB opposite Joe Haden just last week. Dude is on fire with the incredibly bad takes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see how Colbert goes about creating space this offseason in an attempt to sign/tag Dupree.

Just throwing this out there... Cutting Chickillo & Foster would save the team $8mil in cap space. That'll get them halfway there.

@ATL96Steeler

At last glance the cap situation was about 2 mil over.

I think they will have to be pretty aggressive to fit Dupree into a Tag cap hit...if they can figure out a long term deal, they will probably have him for substantially less that the tag in 2020 and face the big cap hit on him in '21.

Barron or V Will...they can't keep both...I thought VWill would be a lock to stay, but I have people pointing out that Barron played more snaps...maybe they part with Vince....I still think Vince stays....but not both.

Foster...they cannot pay him $5.5 mil this season...no way he stays.

Alualu...3.6 mil...is Buggs ready for a bigger role?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they will have to be pretty aggressive to fit Dupree into a Tag cap hit...if they can figure out a long term deal, they will probably have him for substantially less that the tag in 2020 and face the big cap hit on him in '21.

Barron or V Will...they can't keep both...I thought VWill would be a lock to stay, but I have people pointing out that Barron played more snaps...maybe they part with Vince....I still think Vince stays....but not both.

Good points. I'd take V-Will by a country mile, but you already knew that!

Also worth mentioning, extending/restructering Heywards' $13+ million cap hit might free up an additional $3-4m.

Alualu has been worth his weight in gold with how injury prone Tuitt has been. Not real sure how I'd feel about Buggs in that role just yet. But Karl Dunbar seems to like the kid.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride

This ought to be hilarious... This is the same trash bleacher report guy that said the Steelers need to draft a CB opposite Joe Haden just last week. Dude is on fire with the incredibly bad takes.

Who the hell is brad Gagnon. Is he steelers beat reporter? Jesus.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writer from Bleacher Report... Probably just a click-bait shock-jock sotospeak. Doesn't care about truth, just driving drama into a fanbase.

F*ck him.
ha i literally just posted something like that on poni's twitter. i looked at his stuff, he writes for ALOT of places, hes a national bleacher report writer, which means hes all about click bait.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha i literally just posted something like that on poni's twitter. i looked at his stuff, he writes for ALOT of places, hes a national bleacher report writer, which means hes all about click bait.
Poni is one in the same... Awful takes 90% of the time, but he does come through with a good post or 2 per month.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points. I'd take V-Will by a country mile, but you already knew that!

Also worth mentioning, extending/restructering Heywards' $13+ million cap hit might free up an additional $3-4m.

Alualu has been worth his weight in gold with how injury prone Tuitt has been. Not real sure how I'd feel about Buggs in that role just yet. But Karl Dunbar seems to like the kid.

Some specifics here:
  • Cutting Barron saves $5.25m
  • Cutting Chickillo saves $5m
  • Cutting Foster saves $4m
  • Cutting Alualu saves $2.75m
  • Cutting McCullers saves $1.5m
  • Cutting Nix saves $1.01m
  • Cutting V Williams saves <$1m... Doesn't make financial sense at all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poni is one in the same... Awful takes 90% of the time, but he does come through with a good post or 2 per month.
poni's takes usually are awful, but hes at least fun to listen to. Theres some really bad hosts on the fan now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS i have to look it up. There's a guy on at night. He's so bad . Constant moral stances z it actually may be pomp But I don't think. BUT pomp is awful anymore he's got such a high ground stance on EVERYTHING

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS i have to look it up. There's a guy on at night. He's so bad . Constant moral stances z it actually may be pomp But I don't think. BUT pomp is awful anymore he's got such a high ground stance on EVERYTHING
Paul Zeise maybe? Haven't listened in a while other than the interviews/segments that I see floated across social media pertaining to particular news of interest.

Daily Schedule

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some specifics here:
  • Cutting Barron saves $5.25m
  • Cutting Chickillo saves $5m
  • Cutting Foster saves $4m
  • Cutting Alualu saves $2.75m
  • Cutting McCullers saves $1.5m
  • Cutting Nix saves $1.01m
  • Cutting V Williams saves <$1m... Doesn't make financial sense at all.

The top 3 have all been largely pegged as the guys that will have a time making this squad. One name to add is McDonald...I think he's due to count 7.1 mil and the dead money is 1.4 mil.

VWill...yeah, looking at the details of his contract...not much savings to be had...very doubtful he goes anywhere.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 have all been largely pegged as the guys that will have a time making this squad. One name to add is McDonald...I think he's due to count 7.1 mil and the dead money is 1.4 mil.

VWill...yeah, looking at the details of his contract...not much savings to be had...very doubtful he goes anywhere.
Forgot about the Vance situation... When I was reading the cap layout earlier it looked as though his 2020 club option was counted against the Cap. So yea, if they waive that option they save ~$6m against the cap (~1m in dead cap).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's Zeise He's awfffful I turn him right off
Thanks for the fat finger cake. lol

Yea I'm pretty sure I unfollowed Zeise after a while. He was difficult to stomach.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's unbelievable. I can't fathom he gets great ratings to have a Show
M-F four hours at night .
Only reason why Zeise even has ratings are by default due to commuters not having a better option. Still can't imagine they are any good though. I'd rather just listen to music than him if those were my only choices.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about the Vance situation... When I was reading the cap layout earlier it looked as though his 2020 club option was counted against the Cap. So yea, if they waive that option they save ~$6m against the cap (~1m in dead cap).

With Vance it's strictly an availability issue for me, probably for most of us...still a very talented player...with them being in win now mode I think they will retain him unless they can somehow upgrade him which I don't believe.

PIT typically wants two-way TEs. I like Vannett and I think he would be used more with Ben...but Greg Olsen on a 1 yr deal as a TE2 is intriguing to me.

The thought I heard today is PIT thinks Hargrave will command between $7mil to $10 mil per....Grady Jarrett got a huge deal from ATL 4/68/42.

Very similar players...I don't expect that kind of deal, but I can see Hargrave getting 4/45/30 on the low end.