• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I dissagree. I would never take a clearly inferior talent. I would take a star WR over a journeyman guard any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Now if it's close... yeah.
I hear ya. As I see it, the 2 OG names being thrown around are starter quality. But I'm taking other people's word for it here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Lemieux and Kindley availability in the second, I think there's a good shot at both being available unless a team in need reaches. I think most boards have them as mid-to-late-third rounders. Lemieux would be my preference given the playing styles and what the Steelers do.

I've never seen Lemieux play so I will be looking at his tape.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I dissagree. I would never take a clearly inferior talent. I would take a star WR over a journeyman guard any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Now if it's close... yeah.
Also have to put this 2nd Rd pick into context... Thinkin out loud here
  1. What sort of "star" are you expecting to fall into the 2nd Rd at 49th overall? They can be starter material, but honestly what helps the entire team out with that selection?
  2. Ben makes anyone around him better. But for how long will his arm last? They have to be thinking hard about dialing back his throwing attempts this season even if he's approved medically to play. So with less attempts, does a WR prospect really help this offense? On paper, likely not if they intend to run the ball more. And let's not forget how tantalizing Deon Cain is within this offense. He could already be viewed as a draft pick honestly.
  3. Window is aggressively closing with Ben's career. They will remain in "win now" mode, but they have next to nothing in cap space to play with in FA. That means the draft could be "make or break" this team. To me that leans me toward the needs, and not BPA.

That said, I wouldn't be disappointed with a RB/WR pick. Their track records for selecting talent in those groups is pretty solid. But you can count me in the "cautiously optimistic" group about the pick. I just think the O-line is their biggest need on offense (aside from TE). And if, like @ATL96Steeler said, the team feels confident about moving Feiler inside with Chuks/Banner at RT, then maybe RB is the better move if that prospect is better than the likes of Conner & Snell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writeup courtesy of DraftNetworkLLC

\
ENObGj2WwAIyVhc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what hurts Lemieux's value the most is how limited of an athlete he appears to be. He's a mauler with great technique.

If he was more athletic he'd be a 1st rounder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...I'll be checking these out later.

That first one! Probably gets a flag in the NFL but I liked the mentality! That was violent and still got out there.
Will have to get more aggressive with his game film at some point. The all 22 will show more flaws assuredly. But that at least gives you a peak at the surface of what kind of player he is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. What sort of "star" are you expecting to fall into the 2nd Rd at 49th overall? They can be starter material, but honestly what helps the entire team out with that selection?
  2. Ben makes anyone around him better. But for how long will his arm last? They have to be thinking hard about dialing back his throwing attempts this season even if he's approved medically to play. So with less attempts, does a WR prospect really help this offense? On paper, likely not if they intend to run the ball more. And let's not forget how tantalizing Deon Cain is within this offense. He could already be viewed as a draft pick honestly.
  3. Window is aggressively closing with Ben's career. They will remain in "win now" mode, but they have next to nothing in cap space to play with in FA. That means the draft could be "make or break" this team. To me that leans me toward the needs, and not BPA.

That said, I wouldn't be disappointed with a RB/WR pick. Their track records for selecting talent in those groups is pretty solid. But you can count me in the "cautiously optimistic" group about the pick. I just think the O-line is their biggest need on offense (aside from TE). And if, like @ATL96Steeler said, the team feels confident about moving Feiler inside with Chuks/Banner at RT, then maybe RB is the better move if that prospect is better than the likes of Conner & Snell.
1. I think because they tend to fall, it's possibly a very good RB could be there with their pick. And I think if that happens, that might have the biggest impact on the final 2-3 years of Ben's career. But, shoring up the OL is not a bad idea if the value is there. I'm not really seeing it a guard the more I look, but I wouldn't hate it unless they left a very good talent on the board to do it.

2. Agreed.

3. That's a good point. I can't quite get on board... but I hear you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I think because they tend to fall, it's possibly a very good RB could be there with their pick. And I think if that happens, that might have the biggest impact on the final 2-3 years of Ben's career. But, shoring up the OL is not a bad idea if the value is there. I'm not really seeing it a guard the more I look, but I wouldn't hate it unless they left a very good talent on the board to do it.

2. Agreed.

I should clarify that I think Lemieux could be a solid starter for us for years. I would not dislike that pick at all.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Agreed.

haven't dug into the RB prospects but whom should I look at? Who is being projected to fall that is starter talent?

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't dug into the RB prospects but whom should I look at? Who is being projected to fall that is starter talent?
Good question! I have no idea man. Sometimes they go in the first and sometimes they fall to the second or third. I think the top backs are D'Andre Swift, Jonathan Taylor, and J.K. Dobbins. Those are really the only ones I would consider difference makers. I really like Clyde Edwards-Helaire too but I'm not sure he's a value there. The other three are first round talents.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just get AB access to Burrow's social media accounts and then sit back and watch the fall before we take him in the second.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question! I have no idea man. Sometimes they go in the first and sometimes they fall to the second or third. I think the top backs are D'Andre Swift, Jonathan Taylor, and J.K. Dobbins. Those are really the only ones I would consider difference makers. I really like Clyde Edwards-Helaire too but I'm not sure he's a value there. The other three are first round talents.
Is Taylor the Wisconsin kid? Think I've seen his name pop up a few times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pavelle: Steelers 2020 Mock Draft (Version 2.0) - Steelers Depot

He put a lot of work into it, but no other picks to put it into perspective.

Admittedly, Trautman is intriguing to me.

We're going to know a lot more about how they approach this draft once Ben is throwing. The one player that seems to know he's not coming back by his comments is Foster. To be clear on Feiler...I think they feel quite comfortable with him at G...if they have any hesitation it would be Chuks/Banner at RT. If they feel comfortable with one of them, Feiler to G becomes a real possibility.

His 3rd rd G...Damian Lewis, LSU...like his feet for a G, kid can move some, 2nd level, and lateral to pull.