• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bridgeburner @Superbelt

Both making a good case actually.

Win now...In terms of which drafted position would help the most right away...I think OG would be the position...there are two or three guys that are plug and play.

RB...would probably be the next most productive. My issue with RB is I think the 2 or 3 headed option they have now would be just as productive. IMO only one RB is probably going 1st round this draft so several guys are getting pushed into a more favorable position in the draft...there are 16 picks ahead of PIT in the 2nd round...almost all of them will be making their 2nd selection in the draft....that has me rethinking RB availability at 49 a little more.

We shall see.

If I had the decision to make...I would probably go DT or OG and look at the FA market for a TE.
A plug n play OG would be perfectly fine with me. Hell, that would be awesome. I haven't looked at positions along the line yet to have an opinion on quality. I still think they need to come out of this draft with an RB at some point though. I like drafting RB because it's a position that you can get serious production out of right off the bat (in rounds 2-4) and it's a young man's position.

And I agree about RB availability at 49. Especially with Etienne not entering. Najee Harris in the fourth would be awesome...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A plug n play OG would be perfectly fine with me. Hell, that would be awesome. I haven't looked at positions along the line yet to have an opinion on quality. I still think they need to come out of this draft with an RB at some point though. I like drafting RB because it's a position that you can get serious production out of right off the bat (in rounds 2-4) and it's a young man's position.

And I agree about RB availability at 49. Especially with Etienne not entering. Najee Harris in the fourth would be awesome...

With Conner entering what is likely his last yr as a Steeler, I think they should be looking for a RB in this draft at some point. Doubt Connor will play all 16 next yr, and I don't think they get very much from Edmonds. Idk about the 2nd round if there is a starting caliber G or DT there. A big key here will be whether they get the comp pick for Bell...with that added pick I think they.

Etienne probably should've come out...he probably heard he was not going to be a 1st rd guy and I'm sure he'd like to go out a winner. CLEM has a good shot to reach the CFB playoff again. IMO he's probably going to be a 2nd/3rd round next year unless a bottom 1st team takes him.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if they could get a comp pick for Bell and grab an OG and RB in rounds 2 and 3 I would be happy as fook.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I drill into it...TE could be the pick...several names that are popping up...I would be okay with a OG as well...I don't expect them to take an OT with the 1st pick.

Sounds like the Steelers and Patriots are in the same quandary. TE, QB and OL.

The Pats didn't even have a real TE in 2019, because Watson was more of a slow, nonblocking WR. Most of us think Brady will be in Las Vegas or Miami. Like the Steelers, the Patriots will lose LG Joe Thuney because they won't be able to pay him what he'll get on the market.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching the Steelers much closer now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Steelers and Patriots are in the same quandary. TE, QB and OL.

The Pats didn't even have a real TE in 2019, because Watson was more of a slow, nonblocking WR. Most of us think Brady will be in Las Vegas or Miami. Like the Steelers, the Patriots will lose LG Joe Thuney because they won't be able to pay him what he'll get on the market.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching the Steelers much closer now.

Yep...I would be surprised if PIT drafts a QB, but TE, OG I would not. Steelers have a replacement for LG, but depth would be dicey if they don't bring in another interior OL.

I think NE goes 23rd, and 87th, 1st 2 picks...PIT is 49th and 114th

QB...There is a pretty good chance Jake Fromm will be on the board at 23. Pats would have to take Eason I would think at 23.

TE...Most mocks are showing TEs coming off the board in the 2nd rd...#87 is not a bad spot to land one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if they could get a comp pick for Bell and grab an OG and RB in rounds 2 and 3 I would be happy as fook.

Sorry if I've asked this already...thoughts on Cole Kmet, TE from ND?

With a good combine, I think he's probably the 1st TE off the board.

I like the two OGs, Kindley and Lemieux better, but I would consider Kmet if both Gs were gone.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the two OGs, Kindley and Lemieux better, but I would consider Kmet if both Gs were gone.
I like Kmet as the best TE in the class but I actually think Kmet has a chance to go first round with a good combine.

He's a big guy, good hands. Limited production. Some injury concerns though. I don't think he would be much of a factor as a rookie but year two he might be able to start and provide some value. TE is a hard position to learn in the NFL. It's just awfully rare that they are able to come in and provide an instant return on investment.

While I'm a big BPA guy, and I want something that will help this year, you also can't ignore a great prospect at a position of need that will help you down the line.

I guess I'm hoping that the BPA is a high-end talent at RB or OG because of the boost that could provide the offense but I wouldn't be opposed to taking a guy like Kmet if he's there in the second and he's the best player available.

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Kmet. Best TE of the class.

I'd even consider trading up to grab him. But no one else.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kmet as the best TE in the class but I actually think Kmet has a chance to go first round with a good combine.

He's a big guy, good hands. Limited production. Some injury concerns though. I don't think he would be much of a factor as a rookie but year two he might be able to start and provide some value. TE is a hard position to learn in the NFL. It's just awfully rare that they are able to come in and provide an instant return on investment.

While I'm a big BPA guy, and I want something that will help this year, you also can't ignore a great prospect at a position of need that will help you down the line.

I guess I'm hoping that the BPA is a high-end talent at RB or OG because of the boost that could provide the offense but I wouldn't be opposed to taking a guy like Kmet if he's there in the second and he's the best player available.

Yeah...I see one big board has Kmet at 27...on this board...Lemieux and Kindley are ranked 60 and 52 on the same board.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kmet came up on our board and @cdumler7 came over from the Broncos and said that Kmet isn't grading out anywhere near what the media is building him up to be. CD7 works for 24/7 CBS and scouts college and pro football for a living. I respect what he says, but personally, I like Kmet and Pickney. I'm sure more TEs will start to be more interesting by the time the Combine is over.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I see one big board has Kmet at 27...on this board...Lemieux and Kindley are ranked 60 and 52 on the same board.
I could live with Lemieux or Kindley. If a high-end talent isn't there at RB. :D

My opinion will change weekly leading up to the draft. By April I'll probably be pounding the table for a punter in the second.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's face it guys, my draft day acumen is legendary in these parts. Unless you all want another Limas Sweed you need to just suck it up and board the Bridgeburner Xpress.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet came up on our board and @cdumler7 came over from the Broncos and said that Kmet isn't grading out anywhere near what the media is building him up to be. CD7 works for 24/7 CBS and scouts college and pro football for a living. I respect what he says, but personally, I like Kmet and Pickney. I'm sure more TEs will start to be more interesting by the time the Combine is over.

Duly noted.

Admittedly I learn most of what I know about these draft prospects from Jan to the draft so I welcome feedback from sources that follow these guys all season.

Most are saying it's not a great TE draft, but there will be some guys out there that may not be week 1 starters that come on later.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duly noted.

Admittedly I learn most of what I know about these draft prospects from Jan to the draft so I welcome feedback from sources that follow these guys all season.

Most are saying it's not a great TE draft, but there will be some guys out there that may not be week 1 starters that come on later.

It is a draft full of what I would consider more TE2 types. Can start if need be but you are looking to upgrade on them pretty quickly. On my personal big board I do not have a TE ranked in the top-50 of the draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a draft full of what I would consider more TE2 types. Can start if need be but you are looking to upgrade on them pretty quickly. On my personal big board I do not have a TE ranked in the top-50 of the draft.

Thanks CD...how you been man?

I've been told you've taken on some evaluating role...very cool!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks CD...how you been man?

I've been told you've taken on some evaluating role...very cool!

Hey life has been good man! BigKen is a bit behind on where I'm working now. 24/7 decided after we built them up to millions of views that instead of having a full staff that maybe 1 person covering the team could do what 10 of us were doing. As soon as we got dropped by them though Sports Illustrated picked us up and asked if we could help build up their football online presence. That happened back in September so been kind of a crazy football season with all of that transition. They have now seen how much just our Bronco site does for the draft and are asking if we would be willing to build up their draft site as well now.

How is life your way?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think we can just find a FA back to bring in.

I mean just a few names. Keep in mind this isnt to start, its to be 1/3 of the back field. To many rb's are going to be available, no need to pay

Lamar miller, carlos hyde, melvin gordon, peyton barber, kareem hunt, kenyan drake, (david johnson-likely), devantae booker, deandre washington, jordon howard, smallwood, gus edwards, austin ekeler, breida , jeff wilson.

No doubt they can find a guy at value....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey life has been good man! BigKen is a bit behind on where I'm working now. 24/7 decided after we built them up to millions of views that instead of having a full staff that maybe 1 person covering the team could do what 10 of us were doing. As soon as we got dropped by them though Sports Illustrated picked us up and asked if we could help build up their football online presence. That happened back in September so been kind of a crazy football season with all of that transition. They have now seen how much just our Bronco site does for the draft and are asking if we would be willing to build up their draft site as well now.

How is life your way?

Great to hear!

I'd love to make money on something in the sports field...I've been to a handful of sports radio talk remotes and met some on-air people...fun gig when you get to the top.

That said, no complaints at all...playing golf when weather is good and hope to do a golf trip this yr. My other hobby/vice is music (listening) and I've got my audio system rebuild after 20+ yrs with my old one. Although it was a top to bottom rebuild completed, it mostly brought the system into the modern era with HDMI connectivity, hi res file playback, added video this time for 4k bluray audio, bluray movies. The last yr or two had been investing into hi res 50s-60s acoustic jazz.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Steelers take a safety at 49 or the comp pick (assuming they get one)?

One of the website mocks has the Steelers taking a S at 49.

Realizing, IOL, TE, RB, DT, maybe even CB would probably all rank higher than S. Where is he getting S from?

Well, last year the DEF played Barron, Bush and VWill in a big nickel sub pkg. The year before, they wanted to feature 3 safeties as the big nickel.

It's pretty much a lock that Barron won't be back this season. Also very doubtful Sean Davis is back. So...What is Butler to do? VWill is not getting any younger so there is probably less chance that he will log more snaps. I still don't expect a S at 49, but if the right guy is there, it wouldn't shock me to see a S taken early in this draft.