• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry had a better year, but I wouldn't call it strong. Numerous times he shanked punts for 20-30yds when they needed to pin them as deep as possible in the 4th quarter. And he continuously outkicked his coverage teams. I'm still not a fan of his.
yeah i guess youre right, but why now

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet is probably my favorite of the bunch from what I've seen.

I think a change of pace guy that can take a few carries here and there is a good thing. And I agree that Tomlin overused Bell. And that might be some of why Bell held out.

I think what Green Bay has been doing for three years with keeping one of their best players (Aaron Jones) on the bench just for the sake of running a committee is... well... I don't get it. I like getting your best players on the field as often as possible without wearing them down.
jamaal williams was actually drafted ahead of williams, and is largely productive with his touches, jones is very very good, but he isnt totally polished either

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just trying to get a jump on camp competition early. Last year's ST competition was garbage.
yeah but its been for years.........i mean even take boswell. He had a GREAT season this year. He should of never had that opportunity. If that was anywhere else they would of cut his ass last year, when he cost us big time. Who the hell would of extended berry at the time they did, his stats had him around the 30th ranked punter in every metric, and we extend him........I dunno baffling. Its not all Tomlin either its Colbert too. For as good as Colbert's been, and Ive always been in the camp of "In Colbert I trust", but i question his effectiveness lately as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted. What would you do at TE?

I'll repeat my earlier thought that I'm not anti any position at this point.

I think the difference in why people are more tolerant of Connors than McDonald is all in the cap hit now. Vance will rise to over $7 mil against the cap this coming season. Conner will count just under a $1mil....so Conner and Snell are like $1.8mil combined on the '20 cap....if you can get 1200-1400 rushing yards between them...I'm okay with that production.

We have Gurley, Bell, Elliott, David Johnson, and Davonta Freeman as the big RB contracts, and all except Gurley are candidates to be released or traded this offseason. imo the NFL is evolving into 2 back league anyway so even if they did draft a RB @ 2...Snell would likely still be here as the RB2 so I think they would be pushing Connor out the door.

To correct myself...Zeke is not going anywhere in DAL yet.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jamaal williams was actually drafted ahead of williams, and is largely productive with his touches, jones is very very good, but he isnt totally polished either
Jamaal Williams just isn't as dynamic as Jones is. Williams is just another guy. I think Jones is clearly better in pretty much every facet of the game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Williams just isn't as dynamic as Jones is. Williams is just another guy. I think Jones is clearly better in pretty much every facet of the game.
Well are you sure he's a better pass catcher? Blocker? And running routes? Bc Williams is more in on passing downs. Dynamics doesn't always equal better in all facets..........

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but its been for years.........i mean even take boswell. He had a GREAT season this year. He should of never had that opportunity. If that was anywhere else they would of cut his ass last year, when he cost us big time. Who the hell would of extended berry at the time they did, his stats had him around the 30th ranked punter in every metric, and we extend him........I dunno baffling. Its not all Tomlin either its Colbert too. For as good as Colbert's been, and Ive always been in the camp of "In Colbert I trust", but i question his effectiveness lately as well.

Boswell would have gotten cut on many teams after his 2018 performance...but looking back at the numbers...because his contract was so new, the dead money would've wiped out any cap savings, so they gave him another shot.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well are you sure he's a better pass catcher? Blocker? And running routes? Bc Williams is more in on passing downs. Dynamics doesn't always equal better in all facets..........
I think Williams is probably the better in pass protection, but other than that, yeah. I think Jones is better everywhere else.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boswell would have gotten cut on many teams after his 2018 performance...but looking back at the numbers...because his contract was so new, the dead money would've wiped out any cap savings, so they gave him another shot.
I know, I understand. But again season on the line, I see 98% of teams cutting him. I also can't see anyone else signing berry.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Williams is probably the better in pass protection, but other than that, yeah. I think Jones is better everywhere else.
And look where Williams is mostly used. He only had 10 or more rushes 4 times all year. Two of those were in blow outs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I understand. But again season on the line, I see 98% of teams cutting him. I also can't see anyone else signing berry.

Because of his dead money hit and no cap savings, it would have to depend on that team's cap situation so I would back off 98%, but I agree the majority would've released both of them after their performances in 2018.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of his dead money hit and no cap savings, it would have to depend on that team's cap situation so I would back off 98%, but I agree the majority would've released both of them after their performances in 2018.
i agree on the 98% its excessive.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh art rooney where is your head. Mason is the prodigal son apparently.

'We Feel Good About It': Steelers Team President Art Rooney II Says Steelers Don't Plan On Bringing In Another Veteran Backup QB

playoffs with mason???
giphy.gif