• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dip in FA, Austin Hooper from ATL.

But he's gonna command a lot of money. But then they could offload Old McDonald.
He's gonna be realllly pricey. That's why I'd like to transition samuels we have good blocking tight ends, we need a receiver, and samuels can run everyone of this routes. Also has played it before.

or
Gasp ebron in the cheap for a receiver.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be realllly pricey. That's why I'd like to transition samuels we have good blocking tight ends, we need a receiver, and samuels can run everyone of this routes. Also has played it before.

or
Gasp ebron in the cheap for a receiver.
Moncrief and the rest of the buttfucking we saw this season with drops has me gun-shy going after someone with a drop reputation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncrief and the rest of the buttfucking we saw this season with drops has me gun-shy going after someone with a drop reputation.
You have a point I just dint see him very pricey. What do you feel like we need at tight end? Receiving? Blocking? A complete tight end?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a point I just dint see him very pricey. What do you feel like we need at tight end? Receiving? Blocking? A complete tight end?
Receiving preferred, if we have to choose one.

Vannett and Tackle Eligible can do the blocking duties, if a big receiver like Hooper could be picked up.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that. I've also seen Hurts from OU mocked to PIT and after seeing Rudloph and Hodges for most of this season I don't think you can blame them.

That said, very doubtful unless something really strange happens.

I think they will be fairly aggressive with needs (such as tagging Dupree if no long term deal is done and landing a TE) once they have seen Ben throwing again and realize they are truly getting him back for 2020.

OG, DT, TE should be their top priority. If I had to guess I think they will go after a DT, maybe as high as the 2nd rd, but 3rd rd comp almost certainly would go on a DT if Hargrave leaves via FA.

While I wouldn't mind drafting another QB, I agree that I don't think it should be one of our top 3 priorities. I'm still saying Secondary, O-Line and TE SHOULD be our top priorities. I also don't think we can spend our only pick in the first 3 rounds on a QB that won't see the field all year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the 6th ranked offense in 2018, Fichtner's first year. He had all healthy players. Now that he only had 2nd string, 3rd string and Practice Squad players, we had a bottom 5 offense. I'm hopeful for next year but there is always that little blip of uncertainty. We will be able to see if there will be any differences in this offense come the first 2-3 games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receiving preferred, if we have to choose one.

Vannett and Tackle Eligible can do the blocking duties, if a big receiver like Hooper could be picked up.
i just see hooper commanding a butt ton of money, to tie up in a tight end, id rather another wr. I dont think washington is a ever gonna be more than a good #3, and Juju looked like hell this year, if he cant snap back, we need a true #1

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I wouldn't mind drafting another QB, I agree that I don't think it should be one of our top 3 priorities. I'm still saying Secondary, O-Line and TE SHOULD be our top priorities. I also don't think we can spend our only pick in the first 3 rounds on a QB that won't see the field all year.
they already said they like mason, mason is the 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a good judge on prospects just yet as I haven't really devoted myself to mock season so I'll lean on your knowledge here with the Badger kid. I'm not opposed to the RB selection in general so long as it is a CLEAR upgrade over the likes of Conner & Snell. I don't want another "could be used" type of RB to add to an already crowded RB corps. I'd rather add that sort of "could be" juice to another group like either line. Honestly I'd see more justification in adding a WR in the 2nd round over a RB. Just depends on the prospect really.

I'm not yet either, but I have started the process and Taylor will probably be one of the top RBs in this draft.

I'm not anti any position at this point for the 1st pick, but RB would not be my first thought either. I'm willing to ride out Conner's rookie deal with Snell and Whyte.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of taking RB's early at all. Also, I think our RB's are fine. It's our OL and scheme that has been lacking. There are capable and productive guys there.

So, pretty much anyone behind would be a better pick to me.

Shane Lemieux or Solomon Kindley? That would be nice.

Steelers could nab the best OG in the draft in either of those guys. It's a need, not a reach.

I like Taylor, he's an upgrade over both Conner and Snell imo, but RB wouldn't be my preference for the 1st pick either.

I don't know if they will land a plug and play guy at TE from this draft which makes OG look better and better.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the 6th ranked offense in 2018, Fichtner's first year. He had all healthy players. Now that he only had 2nd string, 3rd string and Practice Squad players, we had a bottom 5 offense. I'm hopeful for next year but there is always that little blip of uncertainty. We will be able to see if there will be any differences in this offense come the first 2-3 games.

Thanks for that correction...I had it flipped...16th...I think we can expect the OFC to be somewhere between 8th and 12th maybe.

As bad as the OFC looked last year...I'm not that concerned about him returning. Fichtner was never expected to be guiding two 1st yr starters....this was supposed to be a co OC gig with he and Ben developing a game plan during the week and Randy calling the plays on Sunday.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not yet either, but I have started the process and Taylor will probably be one of the top RBs in this draft.

I'm not anti any position at this point for the 1st pick, but RB would not be my first thought either. I'm willing to ride out Conner's rookie deal with Snell and Whyte.
What do u do with samuels? Is he a FA?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they already said they like mason, mason is the 2

So that probably shuts the door on drafting a QB. Good news, I'd say. With time, I think Mason can get better, but idk if the problem with the offense was him or if it was the play calling. That would clarify lots of things up for me.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that correction...I had it flipped...16th...I think we can expect the OFC to be somewhere between 8th and 12th maybe.

As bad as the OFC looked last year...I'm not that concerned about him returning. Fichtner was never expected to be guiding two 1st yr starters....this was supposed to be a co OC gig with he and Ben developing a game plan during the week and Randy calling the plays on Sunday.

I agree 100%. I can't put this year and how bad we looked on offense on anyone in particular, to be honest.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say te but yea that works too

I think he's too small for a TE. Would have to be 3-4 inches taller and a couple pounds heavier to be a TE. Thinking about it again, he might not be heavy enough to be a FB either.