• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's too small for a TE. Would have to be 3-4 inches taller and a couple pounds heavier to be a TE. Thinking about it again, he might not be heavy enough to be a FB either.
6'0 225 listed smack on 10-15 he'd be fine he's not Out there to block much

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'0 225 listed smack on 10-15 he'd be fine he's not Out there to block much

That's true. He'd mainly be a catching TE and not a blocking TE. I'm cool with Vance, Vannett and Samuels as out TE crew.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance is good for %50 snap count in about 5-6 games.

He's a bruiser TE so he will definitely take alot more damage to his body than the other guys would. Just look at that stiff arm against Tampa Bay 2 years ago lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bruiser TE so he will definitely take alot more damage to his body than the other guys would. Just look at that stiff arm against Tampa Bay 2 years ago lol.
He's a monster when healthy. He's made of glass though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do u do with samuels? Is he a FA?

I think he has 2 more yrs on his rookie deal. Too small for a traditional FB, if I had to give him a position, the old Hback might be it. I think you find 5 to 8 touches a game for him in the screen game, out of the slot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. He'd mainly be a catching TE and not a blocking TE. I'm cool with Vance, Vannett and Samuels as out TE crew.

McD is not carrying his cap weight imo. Both he and Vannett would improve with a healthy Ben. I'd rather a young starter at G, but it wouldn't bother me to take one of the young guys in the 2nd rd.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bringing in competition for Berry again? Yawn. Next up they'll extend Berry for 5 years.

@SteelersPride

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not anti any position at this point for the 1st pick, but RB would not be my first thought either. I'm willing to ride out Conner's rookie deal with Snell and Whyte.
Honestly, running back is my hope for the second rounder. I'm not a believer in Conner, Snell, or Samuels. Conner showed some but if we are tired of McDonald not being available then Conner should be in that same boat.

This is a GREAT class for RB. I think adding a true 3-down workhorse back of special ability could really transform this offense. Which IMHO, would be a great use of the second rounder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, running back is my hope for the second rounder. I'm not a believer in Conner, Snell, or Samuels. Conner showed some but if we are tired of McDonald not being available then Conner should be in that same boat.

This is a GREAT class for RB. I think adding a true 3-down workhorse back of special ability could really transform this offense. Which IMHO, would be a great use of the second rounder.

Noted. What would you do at TE?

I'll repeat my earlier thought that I'm not anti any position at this point.

I think the difference in why people are more tolerant of Connors than McDonald is all in the cap hit now. Vance will rise to over $7 mil against the cap this coming season. Conner will count just under a $1mil....so Conner and Snell are like $1.8mil combined on the '20 cap....if you can get 1200-1400 rushing yards between them...I'm okay with that production.

We have Gurley, Bell, Elliott, David Johnson, and Davonta Freeman as the big RB contracts, and all except Gurley are candidates to be released or traded this offseason. imo the NFL is evolving into 2 back league anyway so even if they did draft a RB @ 2...Snell would likely still be here as the RB2 so I think they would be pushing Connor out the door.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted. What would you do at TE?

I'll repeat my earlier thought that I'm not anti any position at this point.

I think the difference in why people are more tolerant of Connors than McDonald is all in the cap hit now. Vance will rise to over $7 mil against the cap this coming season. Conner will count just under a $1mil....so Conner and Snell are like $1.8mil combined on the '20 cap....if you can get 1200-1400 rushing yards between them...I'm okay with that production.

We have Gurley, Bell, Elliott, David Johnson, and Davonta Freeman as the big RB contracts, and all except Gurley are candidates to be released or traded this offseason. imo the NFL is evolving into 2 back league anyway so even if they did draft a RB @ 2...Snell would likely still be here as the RB2 so I think they would be pushing Connor out the door.
Really not sure what I would do at TE. If I liked this TE class more I would be considering using the second-rounder on one. I don't see one in this class that can seriously help us inside of the next two years though. I like Vannett about as much as anyone we would get in the second round.

I agree about the NFL moving toward a two-back system. They have been for years. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. Not sure the Steelers would go that way if they had a guy capable of three downs who was clearly better than anyone else ala Bell when he was here. Maybe though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bringing in competition for Berry again? Yawn. Next up they'll extend Berry for 5 years.

@SteelersPride
i actualyl find that stupid. Berry was awful. But he had a really strong year. Improved greatly. leave it be, hes not the issue. When you should of challenged him, and all of the ST's we didnt......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actualyl find that stupid. Berry was awful. But he had a really strong year. Improved greatly. leave it be, hes not the issue. When you should of challenged him, and all of the ST's we didnt......
Berry had a better year, but I wouldn't call it strong. Numerous times he shanked punts for 20-30yds when they needed to pin them as deep as possible in the 4th quarter. And he continuously outkicked his coverage teams. I'm still not a fan of his.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really not sure what I would do at TE. If I liked this TE class more I would be considering using the second-rounder on one. I don't see one in this class that can seriously help us inside of the next two years though. I like Vannett about as much as anyone we would get in the second round.

I agree about the NFL moving toward a two-back system. They have been for years. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. Not sure the Steelers would go that way if they had a guy capable of three downs who was clearly better than anyone else ala Bell when he was here. Maybe though.

TE...agreed, but the 2nd rd is where the cream of the crop appears to be...several good hybrid pass catching types, but a true two-way TE that PIT is accustomed to...maybe the ND kid, Cole Kmet, or Hopkins from Purdue in conjunction with Vannett. Right now McD is just too expensive for the snap count he gives you, unless he comes back for a bunch less, I can't see him back.

RB...while I grew up watching the workhorse RBs of the 70s and 80s....I actually like the two or probably more like a semi-two RB system and long felt Tomlin over used Bell. I've always wanted a true change of pace RB that they could get 6-8 touches a game. They never really found that guy to complement Bell imo.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE...agreed, but the 2nd rd is where the cream of the crop appears to be...several good hybrid pass catching types, but a true two-way TE that PIT is accustomed to...maybe the ND kid, Cole Kmet, or Hopkins from Purdue in conjunction with Vannett. Right now McD is just too expensive for the snap count he gives you, unless he comes back for a bunch less, I can't see him back.

RB...while I grew up watching the workhorse RBs of the 70s and 80s....I actually like the two or probably more like a semi-two RB system and long felt Tomlin over used Bell. I've always wanted a true change of pace RB that they could get 6-8 touches a game. They never really found that guy to complement Bell imo.
Kmet is probably my favorite of the bunch from what I've seen.

I think a change of pace guy that can take a few carries here and there is a good thing. And I agree that Tomlin overused Bell. And that might be some of why Bell held out.

I think what Green Bay has been doing for three years with keeping one of their best players (Aaron Jones) on the bench just for the sake of running a committee is... well... I don't get it. I like getting your best players on the field as often as possible without wearing them down.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet is probably my favorite of the bunch from what I've seen.

I think a change of pace guy that can take a few carries here and there is a good thing. And I agree that Tomlin overused Bell. And that might be some of why Bell held out.

I think what Green Bay has been doing for three years with keeping one of their best players (Aaron Jones) on the bench just for the sake of running a committee is... well... I don't get it. I like getting your best players on the field as often as possible without wearing them down.

TE...this will unfold more as the combine hits...somebody will surface that we hadn't talked about...this is where the 3rd rd comp pick could come in real handy...here or DT.

RB...I'm a 250-300 touch a season type guy for my RB1...Jones had 236 carries and was targeted 68 times catching 49...they tried to get it to him about 300 times this year. Not bad for a guy 5'8" and a shade over 200 lbs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that Eli was an AB lite. Lots of ego and dickishness with the team, but didn't have the production to make him worth it.
First I've ever heard of him being dickish. He idolized AB but mainly for the work ethic.