• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the 1 year window with Ben. And if we're honest, his elbow could be a ticking time bomb so maybe its a 0.5 year window lol. I fully expect them to dial Ben's attempts back to the 280-320 range and rely more heavily on the rushing attack next year. I don't think they can feel very confident letting Ben air it out 30 times a game next year on that elbow & at his age. With that in mind, they have to figure out the O-line woes quickly. They can't expect to roll out the same guys and hope for better results.

I would be all for it if they brought in a vet backup QB this offseason to compete with Mason. Don't know who else could be had, but I'd love to see Bridgewater in PIT.

Yep...I didn't see it happening but a friend was suggesting PIT go after a RB in the 2nd round.

OL...picking 48 or 49th overall...I can see them landing a C/G capable of starting moreso a OT, but I'm wide open.

I expect them to let Foster go and allow Finney to hit the FA market, move Feiler back inside and Banner, or Chuks is the new RT.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben's boy.
Yep. Thing that bugs me is that people are thinking "Fichtner will have a better year with Ben at the helm"...

Such a flawed way of viewing an OC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Thing that bugs me is that people are thinking "Fichtner will have a better year with Ben at the helm"...

Such a flawed way of viewing an OC.

They were so bad (27th, zero games with 30 pts, only team BTW), I'm not sure if Randy will have a better year, but just getting back with a proven QB, I think execution should be much better. They were 16th in the league in '18...I was expecting them to be slightly better, top 15 to maybe top 12 this year.

I'd take that next year and run to the playoffs if the DEF comes back intact and hungry.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were so bad (27th, zero games with 30 pts, only team BTW), I'm not sure if Randy will have a better year, but just getting back with a proven QB, I think execution should be much better. They were 16th in the league in '18...I was expecting them to be slightly better, top 15 to maybe top 12 this year.

I'd take that next year and run to the playoffs if the DEF comes back intact and hungry.
I think the formula for success next year will be what Tomlin attempted to do with Mason & Duck. With Ben at the helm they should be able to "manage" the TOP much easier and keep the defense fresh.

Even with the loss of Hargrave I am absolutely giddy over the thought of getting Tuitt back. If they can work things out with Dupree... Man that defensive front will be nasty. Heyward, Tuitt, Watt & Dupree. Have to hope that Haden can continue his twilight career, and that Bush & Edmunds take a solid step forward. That unit is top 3 easy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the formula for success next year will be what Tomlin attempted to do with Mason & Duck. With Ben at the helm they should be able to "manage" the TOP much easier and keep the defense fresh.

Even with the loss of Hargrave I am absolutely giddy over the thought of getting Tuitt back. If they can work things out with Dupree... Man that defensive front will be nasty. Heyward, Tuitt, Watt & Dupree. Have to hope that Haden can continue his twilight career, and that Bush & Edmunds take a solid step forward. That unit is top 3 easy.

I'm concerned about the loss of Hargrave, but recognize it's not a very difficult position to replace.

Speaking of Haden...he got the thru the season largely without injury, played in and maybe started all 16 games...but Layne needs to pick up his game considerably next year.

Yeah, staying in step with the Haley short passing game and as you say lean on the running game more should be part of the OFC next year...definitely should see a reduction in pass attempts. They will likely bring back the 3-head RB situation until they are forced to make a move with Connor.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned about the loss of Hargrave, but recognize it's not a very difficult position to replace.

Speaking of Haden...he got the thru the season largely without injury, played in and maybe started all 16 games...but Layne needs to pick up his game considerably next year.

Yeah, staying in step with the Haley short passing game and as you say lean on the running game more should be part of the OFC next year...definitely should see a reduction in pass attempts. They will likely bring back the 3-head RB situation until they are forced to make a move with Connor.
Hargrave took 696 snaps last season, which accounted for roughly 63% of all defensive snaps. Not exactly an easy player to just replace. But considering he was a versatile player that they moved inside & out, that increased his snap count. If they are just focused on replacing the NT/DT position then that number would probably decrease to roughly 40% of defensive snaps. But that's just a shot in the dark guess.

'20 offense... Agreed. Short to intermediate throws coupled with a balanced rushing attack. I'd love to see Snell & Conner split carries next year. Good contrast in running style and it would only benefit Conner by reducing the hits he takes. I'd even like to see them keep Kerrith Whyte around as a gadget/subpackage type runner. Samuels is a good depth piece as a replacement, but he doesn't really fit the complimentary RBBC role.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hargrave took 696 snaps last season, which accounted for roughly 63% of all defensive snaps. Not exactly an easy player to just replace. But considering he was a versatile player that they moved inside & out, that increased his snap count. If they are just focused on replacing the NT/DT position then that number would probably decrease to roughly 40% of defensive snaps. But that's just a shot in the dark guess.

'20 offense... Agreed. Short to intermediate throws coupled with a balanced rushing attack. I'd love to see Snell & Conner split carries next year. Good contrast in running style and it would only benefit Conner by reducing the hits he takes. I'd even like to see them keep Kerrith Whyte around as a gadget/subpackage type runner. Samuels is a good depth piece as a replacement, but he doesn't really fit the complimentary RBBC role.

Good post.

Hargrave...I should've said it this way. It won't be easy to replace Hargrave, but the NT position is not the most difficult position to replace. Yes, he became more than a NT when Tuitt went down...if they knew they could get him almost 700 snaps in '20...they might be more motivated....I'm a big Hargrave fan and would hate to see him go, but I want to see him cash in for his labor too.

OFC...yep you nailed it...Connor/Snell/Whyte is not a bad trio...hopefully they can stay more intact. Samuels is the odd man out, but his skillset has a place as that hybrid player that you can pair with either of the two main RBs...let him get some slot work on LB...you can use him for some touches.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

2020 NFL Mock Draft | Tankathon

Long way to go, but this is not a bad mock to be so early.

Like the player he chose for PIT, but left a lot of beef on the board...both of the UGA boys are ready to play...should start or contribute early wherever they go.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Like the player he chose for PIT, but left a lot of beef on the board...both of the UGA boys are ready to play...should start or contribute early wherever they go.
I'm not a good judge on prospects just yet as I haven't really devoted myself to mock season so I'll lean on your knowledge here with the Badger kid. I'm not opposed to the RB selection in general so long as it is a CLEAR upgrade over the likes of Conner & Snell. I don't want another "could be used" type of RB to add to an already crowded RB corps. I'd rather add that sort of "could be" juice to another group like either line. Honestly I'd see more justification in adding a WR in the 2nd round over a RB. Just depends on the prospect really.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Taylor is a stud 3 down rb. That being said, I'm fully against a Rb in round 2. Address via FA. If needed. I'm not a snell believer but at worst let him and James split, Keep white for change of pace. I really would love for them to transition samuels to tight end. We need a receiving tight end, he played some in college. He's a receiver, not a rb, and has the size.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

I'm not a fan of taking RB's early at all. Also, I think our RB's are fine. It's our OL and scheme that has been lacking. There are capable and productive guys there.

So, pretty much anyone behind would be a better pick to me.

Shane Lemieux or Solomon Kindley? That would be nice.

Steelers could nab the best OG in the draft in either of those guys. It's a need, not a reach.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of taking RB's early at all. Also, I think our RB's are fine. It's our OL and scheme that has been lacking. There are capable and productive guys there.

So, pretty much anyone behind would be a better pick to me.

Shane Lemieux or Solomon Kindley? That would be nice.

Steelers could nab the best OG in the draft in either of those guys. It's a need, not a reach.
Possible, Hes pegged as a round 1-2 guy.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really want to take a TE there, too.

But they are all so flawed, it's hard to go to one of them, and turn down a complete OG.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dip in FA, Austin Hooper from ATL.

But he's gonna command a lot of money. But then they could offload Old McDonald.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Ebron is another, more affordable option. But he also has had a dropsie problem recently.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dip in FA, Austin Hooper from ATL.

But he's gonna command a lot of money. But then they could offload Old McDonald.

Eric Ebron is another, more affordable option. But he also has had a dropsie problem recently.

Had this list back a ways in this thread:
TE
Eric Ebron... Easily the most talented & well-rounded in the FA group. But still carries some risk.
Austin Hooper... Good pass-catcher but not sure about his blocking skills?
Jack Doyle... Indy will likely keep him over Ebron.
Hunter Henry... Young & injury prone. Risky but very talented.
Nick Vannett... Trades for players in a contract year rarely result in them not getting a new contract.
Vance McDonald... 2020 & 2021 are club options under his current contract. Still an injury prone player.

It appears the Lions are having some buyer's remorse over Jesse James now that Hockenson appears to be the real deal. Could be released and a cheaper pickup option?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had this list back a ways in this thread:

It appears the Lions are having some buyer's remorse over Jesse James now that Hockenson appears to be the real deal. Could be released and a cheaper pickup option?
I like Jesse as a #2. About similar to Vannett. But don't want to roll into the season with them as the top 2.

If the Steelers give up on Hargrave... Use the money to get Hooper. You're getting Gronk lite with him.

Also, Steelers were very interested in him in the draft that year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that they kept Switzer on the roster and didn't bring Eli back.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that they kept Switzer on the roster and didn't bring Eli back.

Read that Eli was an AB lite. Lots of ego and dickishness with the team, but didn't have the production to make him worth it.