• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a pretty smooth move for the Dolphins if they can pull it off. My guess is someone knee-jerks the Tua pick inside the top 10 still.

It just depends on how much gets out there about his rehab...I don't think many Drs are going to want to see him playing very much next year. Not quite a Jalen Smith deal, but if the word is late '20 or early '21 when they can expect to see him on the that's a huge risk for a team picking in the top 10.

Actually Walter Football might've nailed it...LAC.

That would be an opportunity for them to transition into a new QB in '21...give River 2019 as his swansong.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just depends on how much gets out there about his rehab...I don't think many Drs are going to want to see him playing very much next year. Not quite a Jalen Smith deal, but if the word is late '20 or early '21 when they can expect to see him on the that's a huge risk for a team picking in the top 10.

Actually Walter Football might've nailed it...LAC.

That would be an opportunity for them to transition into a new QB in '21...give River 2019 as his swansong.
Don't think I realized Tua's 2020 season was in jeopardy. I thought his road to recovery pointed him to an early 2020 season return (Sept-Nov)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I realized Tua's 2020 season was in jeopardy. I thought his road to recovery pointed him to an early 2020 season return (Sept-Nov)

That's kinda what's making his draft stock fluctuate...I'm hearing he could miss most of the 2020 season, I'm also hearing it's possible he could play in '20.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda what's making his draft stock fluctuate...I'm hearing he could miss most of the 2020 season, I'm also hearing it's possible he could play in '20.
Timetables always seem to be blown out of proportion within a month or 2 of the injury. The second he takes the field to start throwing again everyone will freak out and launch him back up the draft boards lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timetables always seem to be blown out of proportion within a month or 2 of the injury. The second he takes the field to start throwing again everyone will freak out and launch him back up the draft boards lol.

If he's running by the time the draft rolls around, that will cure a lot of fears about him and as you say he will go back up...top 10...you need to be ready to play...the one team I can see them taking him for a one year stash or even most of the 2020 season would be the Chargers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's running by the time the draft rolls around, that will cure a lot of fears about him and as you say he will go back up...top 10...you need to be ready to play...the one team I can see them taking him for a one year stash or even most of the 2020 season would be the Chargers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting the way too early look at mocks.

As of these mocks, PIT's 1st pick is 52 overall.

Walterfootball...Walt...Steven Montez, QB Colo
Walterfootball...Charlie...Jared Pinkney, TE Vandy
Drafttek...54...Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisc
Draftwire...Jonathan Greenard, Edge, FL
Steelerswire...Jalen Hurts, QB, OU
NFLmocks.com...Carlos Basham Jr, Edge, Wake Forest
NFLdraftgeek.com...Josh Jones, OT Hou

Just a few of the many and these of course will be changing.

I haven't seen many OL mocked in with this 1st pick, but there is a good chance that Feiler could get an offer PIT cannot match. I think they would move Chuks into the starting role if that happened, but depth would become really thin.

I'm interested in this Pickney kid from Vandy...an injury cut his Sr yr short, but was previously viewed as a 1st rd pick...if he's on the board I think they will strongly consider him...deep seam threat...can he develop into a legit blocker for the position.

Hurts...I still think he's more of a CFB QB and will struggle as passer at the next level, but I'm intrigued by having a dual threat QB that can run a pro style OFC too. He will get drafted, I don't expect it to be PIT.

Montez...admittedly I had to look this kid up...just reading his body of work and seeing some of his tape...imo, not with their 1st pick.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on Montez or Hurts. We don't need another QB project. We've had enough of them.

If they want a QB, they need to trade into R1. I don't think that would be the right move this year.

I'd look at TE first (and double-dip that later), then OL starting from the inside and working out in priority.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on Montez or Hurts. We don't need another QB project. We've had enough of them.

If they want a QB, they need to trade into R1. I don't think that would be the right move this year.

I'd look at TE first (and double-dip that later), then OL starting from the inside and working out in priority.

Ideally, I want someone other than those two guys they played this year, but I'm not suggesting they draft a QB either. IF it were me I'd keep Rudolph as one of the backups but would look at a vet for the other one.

The more I drill into it...TE could be the pick...several names that are popping up...I would be okay with a OG as well...I don't expect them to take an OT with the 1st pick.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Rosen could be had cheap from Miami.

He's been in shitty situations so far with two coaches giving up on him before he really had a chance.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. No to either QB on that mock list.

As for Rosen I bet a 5th could get him right now but that will depend if the Dolphins draft another 1st round QB. As soon as they take a QB in round 1, I would be on the phone calling them on his availability.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. No to either QB on that mock list.

As for Rosen I bet a 5th could get him right now but that will depend if the Dolphins draft another 1st round QB. As soon as they take a QB in round 1, I would be on the phone calling them on his availability.

Just posting what media outlets are mocking...I don't know if Hodges is back, but I don't expect PIT to draft a QB at all.

CIN is taking Burrow, NYG nor WAS is going QB, but DET? Some concern about Stafford's health, but doubtful they would take Tua coming off an injury himself.

MIA is most likely going to take Tua, the problem is they ideally would like to take him with PITs (18) but that leave him exposed too long. I think they take him @ 5 and let Fitz run it one more year.

Rosen for a pick could play out....if they do indeed get the 3rd rd comp pick that gets them back into the 3rd rd, 2 in the 4th...6, and 7th. They don't have a 5th, if they did get a 3rd comp, maybe they would sacrifice a 4th, but they need to come away with a TE2 prospect at the very least from the this draft.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posting what media outlets are mocking...I don't know if Hodges is back, but I don't expect PIT to draft a QB at all.

CIN is taking Burrow, NYG nor WAS is going QB, but DET? Some concern about Stafford's health, but doubtful they would take Tua coming off an injury himself.

MIA is most likely going to take Tua, the problem is they ideally would like to take him with PITs (18) but that leave him exposed too long. I think they take him @ 5 and let Fitz run it one more year.

Rosen for a pick could play out....if they do indeed get the 3rd rd comp pick that gets them back into the 3rd rd, 2 in the 4th...6, and 7th. They don't have a 5th, if they did get a 3rd comp, maybe they would sacrifice a 4th, but they need to come away with a TE2 prospect at the very least from the this draft.

Forgot they didn't have a 5th. The 4th would be pushing it for him but he would be better than any mid-round QB sitting out there.

As for TE they blew it in this draft but I agree they need to improve there, but I would like to see Vannett get reps with Ben.

Finally with Hodges I agree he won't be on the Steeler roster next year. Trust wish Rudolph wouldn't either but they won't dump a 3rd round QB they projected as a 1st that quickly. If they go into next season with Ben, Rudolph and Hodges then they failed another offseason. With that defense, they need a competent backup to push this team to the postseason if Ben gets hurt.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot they didn't have a 5th. The 4th would be pushing it for him but he would be better than any mid-round QB sitting out there.

As for TE they blew it in this draft but I agree they need to improve there, but I would like to see Vannett get reps with Ben.

Finally with Hodges I agree he won't be on the Steeler roster next year. Trust wish Rudolph wouldn't either but they won't dump a 3rd round QB they projected as a 1st that quickly. If they go into next season with Ben, Rudolph and Hodges then they failed another offseason. With that defense, they need a competent backup to push this team to the postseason if Ben gets hurt.

Exactly.

There are some TEs out there that should upgrade what they have now...yes, I like Vannett as vet TE2...I do think his production would go up with Ben.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they resigned Tuzar Skipper to a two-year deal. Hopefully that is the precursor to end of folks like Chickillo and Barron.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they resigned Tuzar Skipper to a two-year deal. Hopefully that is the precursor to end of folks like Chickillo and Barron.

Barron has to go, they never thought they would land Devin Bush. Chick offers very little for the cap hit, Skipper clearly can fill his role for less money.

I still can see ILB being a draft pick...VWill is 30 now and the only true Buck with experience...in this DIV the Buck LB is still very important with Chubb, BAL, and Mixon on the schedule x 2.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone see us trading into the first round? I personally don't because we don't have much capital. We have a 2nd, 2 4ths, a 5th, 6th and 7th. I think we need to be a silent participant in this year's draft. Y'all know I wanted us to trade up in the draft the last two years, this year, I think we need to stay put. Focus on keeping all of our key pieces, focus on getting all of our starters healthy and focus on adding a key piece to our team in the 2020 draft.

I think we need to focus on the offense or the secondary for 2020.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone see us trading into the first round? I personally don't because we don't have much capital. We have a 2nd, 2 4ths, a 5th, 6th and 7th. I think we need to be a silent participant in this year's draft. Y'all know I wanted us to trade up in the draft the last two years, this year, I think we need to stay put. Focus on keeping all of our key pieces, focus on getting all of our starters healthy and focus on adding a key piece to our team in the 2020 draft.

Doubtful. Unless a great talent QB drops low (like a Rodgers).

Most other positions they might look at wouldn't be worth the cost of the trade-up.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t see them doing that because they will want to keep the picks they have and fill the numerous holes.

With that said Eric Ebron is suddenly available. Like to see them try and get him.