• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back on zach moss that i professed my love for.

RB ZACK MOSS, UTAH
Moss is in the conversation for the most difficult running back to tackle in the country. He’s broken 61 tackles on only 154 carries this season. That 0.4 forced missed tackle rate per attempt is the third highest in the country for backs with at least 100 carries.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recap the changes recently.
Not really much earth-shattering but let's hope Cain and Whyte can produce when called upon.
Also maybe one can actually return a kick!

In:
Deon Cain WR
Kerrith Whyte RB
Tuzar Skipper

Cut:
Jayrone Elliott
Tony Brooks-James

To IR:
LT Walton

Practice Squad:
In:
Amara Darboh WR
Quadree Henderson WR
Ralph Webb RB

Out:
Sutton Smith LB
Terry Wright WR

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really much earth-shattering but let's hope Cain and Whyte can produce when called upon.

In:
Deon Cain WR
Kerrith Whyte RB
Tuzar Skipper

Cut:
Jayrone Elliott
Tony Brooks-James

To IR:
LT Walton

Practice Squad:
In:
Amara Darboh WR
Quadree Henderson WR
Ralph Webb RB

Out:
Sutton Smith LB
Terry Wright WR

I've never followed the PS as closely as I have this year!

For all of the hype around Skipper, we better at least see him on ST...supposedly Chick is banged up again, so it might be possible to see him on DEF this week.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never followed the PS as closely as I have this year!

For all of the hype around Skipper, we better at least see him on ST...supposedly Chick is banged up again, so it might be possible to see him on DEF this week.

Funny neither have I. It is amazing the depth this roster needs this year due to injuries and how important it really is.

With that I find it interesting they haven't worked out or signed a FB to replace Nix? When he was in there it seemed their running game was at it's best.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny neither have I. It is amazing the depth this roster needs this year due to injuries and how important it really is.

With that I find it interesting they haven't worked out or signed a FB to replace Nix? When he was in there it seemed their running game was at it's best.

The combination of Conner/Nix was pretty good for the short time they were together. Edmunds didn't always follow his lead blocker so not sure if he made much difference with him.

Good question though...I think with all of the movement on the roster, maybe they felt the extra OL/TE was the safest replacement for the FB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In:
Deon Cain WR
Kerrith Whyte RB
Tuzar Skipper

Cut:
Jayrone Elliott
Tony Brooks-James

To IR:
LT Walton

Practice Squad:
In:
Amara Darboh WR
Quadree Henderson WR
Ralph Webb RB

Out:
Sutton Smith LB
Terry Wright WR
Quadree, Webb & Skipper back again. Not sure what Cain & Whyte bring to the team. But neither looks very exciting

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combination of Conner/Nix was pretty good for the short time they were together. Edmunds didn't always follow his lead blocker so not sure if he made much difference with him.

Good question though...I think with all of the movement on the roster, maybe they felt the extra OL/TE was the safest replacement for the FB.
Great points.
As for the RB following the FB I really didn't get a read on Samuels and Snell either.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Cain get's used because more than likely both Juju and Diontae are out so he will be on the field.
Yep and if it keeps Holden off the field then it is a bonus.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amazing that at one point during the season PIT was thought have a surplus (of bodies at least) at RB, and WR.

Now here they are week 12, scrambling to field bodies at both positions.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Cain get's used because more than likely both Juju and Diontae are out so he will be on the field.

cain was an odd prospect. He had a rollercoaster college career and pre draft stuff. He has the size and speed, didnt have the routes....there was alot of sleeper hype for him, obviously didnt pan out. Scary that he couldnt cut it for the colts, who have no receivers though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of NFL-readiness I'd rank them as follows:

Tier 1 (1st Rd)
1. Tua Tagovailoa

Tier 2 (1st-2nd)
2. Justin Herbert
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Joe Burrow
5. Jacob Eason
6. Jake Fromm

Tier 3 (2nd-4th)
7. KJ Costello, Stanford
8. Kellen Mond, Texas A&M
9. Jordan Love, Utah St
10. Steven Montez, Colorado

Tier 4 (5th-UDFA)
11. Nate Stanley, Iowa
12. Sam Ehlinger, Texas
13. Brian Lewerke, Mich St
14. Shea Patterson, Mich
Susceptible to change... Joe Burrow is vaulting himself up the boards. Kid is playing lights out on the big stage. I've already thrown him into my tier 1 list.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susceptible to change... Joe Burrow is vaulting himself up the boards. Kid is playing lights out on the big stage. I've already thrown him into my tier 1 list.

If CIN has #1 overall Joe Burrow will be the pick....Tua is a small guy in comparison and he's mobile but not Lamar Jackson like...reminds me a lot of Mayfield.

I haven't seen much of Hebert, but he's the prototypical 6-5" guy with the arm. Jacob Eason from WAs also has the size you want, but may not be having a go pro early year. Hurts is probably getting closer to going late first and that might be a
After that disaster Sat night, Fromm is probably staying in school or should consider doing so. Of course next year you have Justin Fields and Lawrence from Clemson likely coming out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CIN has #1 overall Joe Burrow will be the pick....Tua is a small guy in comparison and he's mobile but not Lamar Jackson like...reminds me a lot of Mayfield.

I haven't seen much of Hebert, but he's the prototypical 6-5" guy with the arm. Jacob Eason from WAs also has the size you want, but may not be having a go pro early year. Hurts is probably getting closer to going late first and that might be a
After that disaster Sat night, Fromm is probably staying in school or should consider doing so. Of course next year you have Justin Fields and Lawrence from Clemson likely coming out.
Tua is a very smart player. Should still be 1st rd pick. I used to view Burrow as a system type guy, but watching him play over the last couple weeks has completely changed my opinion on him. He's balling out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is a very smart player. Should still be 1st rd pick. I used to view Burrow as a system type guy, but watching him play over the last couple weeks has completely changed my opinion on him. He's balling out.

Tua has some gunslinger in him...that's how he took the job from Hurts...pushing the ball downfield.

At the next level, I think he's going to have a big INT count his 1st yr.

MIA will probably take Hebert with their own 1st rd pick, but it might be tempting to them to take BPA (such as UGA OT, Andrew Thomas) there and use HOU or PIT 1st on Tua….then maybe trade for Dalton as the stop gap and give Tua most of 2020 off.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua has some gunslinger in him...that's how he took the job from Hurts...pushing the ball downfield.

At the next level, I think he's going to have a big INT count his 1st yr.

MIA will probably take Hebert with their own 1st rd pick, but it might be tempting to them to take BPA (such as UGA OT, Andrew Thomas) there and use HOU or PIT 1st on Tua….then maybe trade for Dalton as the stop gap and give Tua most of 2020 off.
That would be a pretty smooth move for the Dolphins if they can pull it off. My guess is someone knee-jerks the Tua pick inside the top 10 still.