• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you quoted nerds instead of putting your picture in place of that word :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :suds:

Lol. I'm not going to deny it. But look around the league and tell me who exactly you're afraid of at the front of the net? That's changed so much, having giant goons on defense that clear the porch just isnt as necessary right now. The guys they would be defending are too slow to keep up with the play, so they don't make the NHL like they used to. As a result, being able to complete a pass is more important than shoving someone out from in front of your net.

There are a few guys that still pose that threat. The Tkachuk's, Lee, probably a few others. Simmonds used to be. Wilson. It would still be nice to have. But not at the expense of break out ability.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons stated here are not solid enough to not make a trade for this kid.

Cheaper is probably the most valid reason not to go out and get him but im sure the Rags would eat at least half to get rid of him since they have to pay his full contract. He is a ghost type player with more of a mean streak. We would get that play for less than two million per season.

Who we give back is a different story. If we could get ghost type player we could give ghost back and save 2 million for the same player plus adding a right hander. Although i woulndnt argue is it was Haag or Gus going to the Rags.

The fact is we need help on defense because if we arent going to play any defense we might as well out score teams.

Tbh, I think they can do better than Deangelo. I'm not going to protest if they decide to trade for him, pending the return of course, but I think they can find a much better fit.

Hjalmarsson isn't perfect either, but he's a defense first guy, he's 6-3 200lb, and he's won 3 cups. I'd be more interested in someone like that than I would be in Deangelo. He's a UFA at the end of the year and most likely available as a rental because ARI sucks.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I'm not going to deny it. But look around the league and tell me who exactly you're afraid of at the front of the net? That's changed so much, having giant goons on defense that clear the porch just isnt as necessary right now. The guys they would be defending are too slow to keep up with the play, so they don't make the NHL like they used to. As a result, being able to complete a pass is more important than shoving someone out from in front of your net.

There are a few guys that still pose that threat. The Tkachuk's, Lee, probably a few others. Simmonds used to be. Wilson. It would still be nice to have. But not at the expense of break out ability.

Tbh, I think they can do better than Deangelo. I'm not going to protest if they decide to trade for him, pending the return of course, but I think they can find a much better fit.

Hjalmarsson isn't perfect either, but he's a defense first guy, he's 6-3 200lb, and he's won 3 cups. I'd be more interested in someone like that than I would be in Deangelo. He's a UFA at the end of the year and most likely available as a rental because ARI sucks.
I would go for Hjalmarsson and by no means am i stuck on getting Deangelo. I just think our defense stinks right now and he would upgrade our defense as well as being righty and being a young player he may grow up in our organization. plus he would be cheap.

The first post you directed at me but i am not looking for goons in front of the net so i dont know where you got that idea. .I am however looking for our defenseman to play tougher in front and in corners and just generally get a little nastier. This applies to our team as a whole not just our defense.

There is a huge difference between playing tougher and making it hard for the other team to skate through each zone with ease which i want and being a goon which you somehow stereotyped me as wanting which i dont want.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go for Hjalmarsson and by no means am i stuck on getting Deangelo. I just think our defense stinks right now and he would upgrade our defense as well as being righty and being a young player he may grow up in our organization. plus he would be cheap.

The first post you directed at me but i am not looking for goons in front of the net so i dont know where you got that idea. .I am however looking for our defenseman to play tougher in front and in corners and just generally get a little nastier. This applies to our team as a whole not just our defense.

There is a huge difference between playing tougher and making it hard for the other team to skate through each zone with ease which i want and being a goon which you somehow stereotyped me as wanting which i dont want.
At this point why not just put Morin back on defense? He is no worse than Hagg IMO and I think he would provide the nastiness needed at times without being a cheap shot type of guy. I mean if Hagg scores 2 goals that would be awesome, lol. So basically that said what's really the outstanding difference. Unless Morin has totally given up the option of playing D?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point why not just put Morin back on defense? He is no worse than Hagg IMO and I think he would provide the nastiness needed at times without being a cheap shot type of guy. I mean if Hagg scores 2 goals that would be awesome, lol. So basically that said what's really the outstanding difference. Unless Morin has totally given up the option of playing D?
After watching Morin the other day i cant see him ever sticking with any NHL team. He is a worse skater than i remember. Although i agree he could provide nastiness i dont think he offers us more than Haag does.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've definitely gone back and forth on the goon thing before, but I honestly wasn't intending to tag you with that this time haha. Just general hockey discussion and justifying the nerds' behavior.

I agree, as constructed the Flyers could use some more nasty in the lineup. Just has to be the right fit to me. I would hesitate to get rid of a highly productive offensive player to add a big, heavy, forechecker type that doesn't bring a lot of offense. That's typically where we disagree. Or at least disagree on the availability of players that bring that heavy game plus have enough talent to play in the NHL. It makes more sense to add the nasty on defense where they don't have 6 guys that are no brainer positive impact players to put on the ice.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Morin the other day i cant see him ever sticking with any NHL team. He is a worse skater than i remember. Although i agree he could provide nastiness i dont think he offers us more than Haag does.

Agreed. I don't think Morin can keep up with the play enough to justify 12+ minutes a night. If they went 11 forwards and 7 dmen, maybe you use him in spot situations. But you might as well have him do that at LW and not screw up numbers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to JvR, player of the month in the East division. (really getting close to everyone getting a trophy here..)

Congratulations JVR you finally made yourself relevant in a month for the first time as a Flyer and this counts for both times hes played for us.

P{lease keep it up so you can play for the Kraken next season.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the good comes the bad. I read that Frost is having shoulder surgery and is probably out for the rest of the season. He needs to hit the weight room and this will give him a chance.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the good comes the bad. I read that Frost is having shoulder surgery and is probably out for the rest of the season. He needs to hit the weight room and this will give him a chance.

Yep. That sucks.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct Wins is all that really matters and since we have the most points in the league right now i guess we should just keep doing what we are doing without any changes
Nope. Take what the hockey Gods gave us in our first 10 games - we don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

we get 6 out of next 8 points and THEN I will say don’t change a thing.

I don’t expect to get this many points I the next 4 games. This team has a long way to go.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oskar for first goal tonight

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also need to work on all an all around game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Take what the hockey Gods gave us in our first 10 games - we don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

we get 6 out of next 8 points and THEN I will say don’t change a thing.

I don’t expect to get this many points I the next 4 games. This team has a long way to go.
6 out of 8 points in the next 4 would be so nice and i would be very happy to see it.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers a home underdog tonight. Tells you what Vegas thinks of the flyers