• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying the team leaders on our team are bad at leading and cant handle a situation? If you are i would agree but at this point i would think Deangelo would be looking to be on his best behavior
I do this the flyers have a leadership issue.

a “bad actor” in the locker room would only make this worse.

but if it’s a one off spat / bring him on.

give them Hagg and a pick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do this the flyers have a leadership issue.

a “bad actor” in the locker room would only make this worse.

but if it’s a one off spat / bring him on.

give them Hagg and a pick.
Im waiting for Awaz to weigh in on thi,s he will have a whole page of insight typed up so we can see whether it would be a good move.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to wish Superflyer13 a very Happy 55th Birthday. Damn that dude is getting old.:suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are off to our best start in 18 years . It would be nice top take 6 of 8 points in the next 4.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im waiting for Awaz to weigh in on thi,s he will have a whole page of insight typed up so we can see whether it would be a good move.

Read around after I saw he got put on waivers because I was pretty surprised. He had a great year offensively last year. RH is always a plus on defense. Young. RFA even when his current deal is up.

On the ice, sounds like his offense is great, but his defense is a disaster. Reads a little bit like Gus has played for us so far this year (though his numbers last year make him look OK defensively/great offensively). Read something that showed the Rangers fancy stats with/without him and it was pretty dramatic that he made them better. So I think he's basically a high risk / high reward guy. Not exactly the type of player they need with Gus, Ghost, and to a lesser extent, Sanheim already on the team. But I wouldn't be totally opposed.

However, looks like the character issues have more history than just a fight with Georgiev after a loss over the weekend. He was suspended in juniors for breaking their harassment/assault/diversity policy. He's taken a lot of penalties over his career for basically verbally abusing officials/opponents. He's also gotten some flack for being pretty vocal on what I would call the bad/extreme side of Trump supporting.

I think if the Flyers needed a puck mover / offensive defenseman, you could probably try to tackle the "immaturity" issues he's shown and people have tagged him with. Or if he was cheaper. But I don't really think he'd be worth it for the Flyers, just because they already have that style of player covered.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read around after I saw he got put on waivers because I was pretty surprised. He had a great year offensively last year. RH is always a plus on defense. Young. RFA even when his current deal is up.

On the ice, sounds like his offense is great, but his defense is a disaster. Reads a little bit like Gus has played for us so far this year (though his numbers last year make him look OK defensively/great offensively). Read something that showed the Rangers fancy stats with/without him and it was pretty dramatic that he made them better. So I think he's basically a high risk / high reward guy. Not exactly the type of player they need with Gus, Ghost, and to a lesser extent, Sanheim already on the team. But I wouldn't be totally opposed.

However, looks like the character issues have more history than just a fight with Georgiev after a loss over the weekend. He was suspended in juniors for breaking their harassment/assault/diversity policy. He's taken a lot of penalties over his career for basically verbally abusing officials/opponents. He's also gotten some flack for being pretty vocal on what I would call the bad/extreme side of Trump supporting.

I think if the Flyers needed a puck mover / offensive defenseman, you could probably try to tackle the "immaturity" issues he's shown and people have tagged him with. Or if he was cheaper. But I don't really think he'd be worth it for the Flyers, just because they already have that style of player covered.
“Covered” is an understatement. Where have all the defensive defensemen gone ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Covered” is an understatement. Where have all the defensive defensemen gone ?

The 'nerds' have run them all out of town with their fancy stats and possession metrics! These guys that can make passes and create shots are all the rage now. I think Provorov is the type of 'defensive defensemen' that teams are mostly interested in. Good positional defense, blocks shots, breaks up plays, but can still skate and move the puck. Clearing the porch just isn't the emphasis it used to be.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to finally not see a division game go to overtime tonight. Both the Caps and Pens blew leads and lost in regulation, so we inherit the division lead via the regulation and OT wins tiebreaker.

Now our next four games couldn't be bigger as we face the two teams right behind us in the standings while still minus Couturier.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reasons stated here are not solid enough to not make a trade for this kid.

Cheaper is probably the most valid reason not to go out and get him but im sure the Rags would eat at least half to get rid of him since they have to pay his full contract. He is a ghost type player with more of a mean streak. We would get that play for less than two million per season.

Who we give back is a different story. If we could get ghost type player we could give ghost back and save 2 million for the same player plus adding a right hander. Although i woulndnt argue is it was Haag or Gus going to the Rags.

The fact is we need help on defense because if we arent going to play any defense we might as well out score teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'nerds' have run them all out of town with their fancy stats and possession metrics! These guys that can make passes and create shots are all the rage now. I think Provorov is the type of 'defensive defensemen' that teams are mostly interested in. Good positional defense, blocks shots, breaks up plays, but can still skate and move the puck. Clearing the porch just isn't the emphasis it used to be.
I love how you quoted nerds instead of putting your picture in place of that word :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :suds:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So does this mean +/- should be looked at again ? To me +/- is the actual result of play, not "expected" results... Just like all that really matters at the end of the day are WINS.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean +/- should be looked at again ? To me +/- is the actual result of play, not "expected" results... Just like all that really matters at the end of the day are WINS.
This is correct Wins is all that really matters and since we have the most points in the league right now i guess we should just keep doing what we are doing without any changes

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a story that Johnny Gaudreau is not going to sign in Calgary and is destined to play in Philly.

He has this season and next at 6.75 million per season.

They want to trade him before his contract is up and his value is low right now.

They dont want to lose him for nothing. When they trade him it will be for "futures"

This whole post is from the article not any of my opinion.