• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total meltdown. We had this and just like that. No discopline.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will this team ever learn what discipline hockey is, playing and moving your feet for 60 minutes, and not settling on a lead? I'm lost for words? I'm disgusted, frustrated by the wasted talent. And most of all, I feel for our young star goaltender in Carter Hart. He deserves better. The overall team defense sucks!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a horrible ending to arguably the flyers best effort over 50 minutes (first 10 weren’t so good)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.and there were the back to back penalties that sunk them.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.and there were the back to back penalties that sunk them.
Yup. I'm lost for words here. Leighton was just lazy on that play. This last two penalties were just so boneheaded. This was a game we had up until the last five minutes. I knew we were doomed once Leighton was called. Boston bff ave our number now like we had theirs last season. I don't even feel slightly confident next game. This team chases games and they fail to close them in regulation. We are desperately missing Couts.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the Flyers continue to go home early and shit the bed in the last few minutes of a hockey contest but until they fix this for good, I seriously doubt they will ever make it to the Final Cup rounds in the NHL.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marchand holds the stick but Flyers get called it never ends. They have no chance against them one line team lost two starting dmen and the Flyers still don't have enough.

I think the Flyers need to make a trade or something. Shake it up. I know Couts is coming back but it's not enough against Boston they somehow have their number and they won't get out of their division. Should have went after Dubois or something like that. I'm at a loss at how low their mental toughness is. The start was embarrassing as they couldn't even pass the puck looked like a bunch of amateurs. Sad as when they calmed down their talent took over but then they choke. They need closers guys like Pavelski...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the Flyers continue to go home early and shit the bed in the last few minutes of a hockey contest but until they fix this for good, I seriously doubt they will ever make it to the Final Cup rounds in the NHL.
I said after last game they simply can't compete with Bergerons line they just let them do whatever they want. Then they take the puck away panic and give it right back to them. The rest of the Bs do nothing because they don't have to. It defies logic as all Philly has to do is focus on one line but they don't have the discipline. Pasta skates around all game with no one marking him it's unbelievable...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last of my rant. I know it would be hard to do but the perfect team to trade with is LA. Pry Daughty or even better Kopitar as well out of there. Give them picks and whatever it would take. Patrick Konecny whatever. The cup winning presence would calm them down. Stop the choking. They are just too young especially on the back end.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last of my rant. I know it would be hard to do but the perfect team to trade with is LA. Pry Daughty or even better Kopitar as well out of there. Give them picks and whatever it would take. Patrick Konecny whatever. The cup winning presence would calm them down. Stop the choking. They are just too young especially on the back end.

that’s why we’re missing Nisky so much.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that’s why we’re missing Nisky so much.
Yeah I was hoping that the young guys would grow faster than they have. Its not like they are horrible but at critical times they fold the tent. Its not even one of them its all of them. Will they learn? Sure but how long will it take is the question. Nisky is obviously more important than we thought and Braun isn't good enough to play those minutes. Some dmen have been tossed around but any solid vet with cup experience would help sooner rather than later. I'm sure its on the list but its a matter of when....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was hoping that the young guys would grow faster than they have. Its not like they are horrible but at critical times they fold the tent. Its not even one of them its all of them. Will they learn? Sure but how long will it take is the question. Nisky is obviously more important than we thought and Braun isn't good enough to play those minutes. Some dmen have been tossed around but any solid vet with cup experience would help sooner rather than later. I'm sure its on the list but its a matter of when....
I agree our D stinks but I believe Bostons defense is younger than ours. It.

We do need an upgrade back there preferably a Vet with a mean streak and defensive skill

Chara wouldve been perfect

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not mad we lost that game because we have won at least 4 games already that we shouldve lost so it just started to even out.

At least we got a point

It couldve been 5-0 after the first period so getting a point is good.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not mad we lost that game because we have won at least 4 games already that we shouldve lost so it just started to even out.

At least we got a point

It couldve been 5-0 after the first period so getting a point is good.
They played some very good minutes. Not 60 though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said after last game they simply can't compete with Bergerons line they just let them do whatever they want. Then they take the puck away panic and give it right back to them. The rest of the Bs do nothing because they don't have to. It defies logic as all Philly has to do is focus on one line but they don't have the discipline. Pasta skates around all game with no one marking him it's unbelievable...
This will change with the return of Couturier and continued growth of our young defensemen like Myers and Sanheim.

That said, yes, the second half of the 3rd period and OT was a complete disaster last night. NAK, Hayes and Laughton can't take those penalties. It's unacceptable. Once we were up 3-1 midway through the period with Carter Hart having things locked down, the Bruins had virtually zero shot of winning that game without help and we gave them every opportunity with those power plays. Then, it's just embarrassing how wide open their stars get around our net and Hart is left to fend for himself.

Yes, by all means, this was a deflating and infuriating loss, but we will grow from it at the end of the day.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will change with the return of Couturier and continued growth of our young defensemen like Myers and Sanheim.

That said, yes, the second half of the 3rd period and OT was a complete disaster last night. NAK, Hayes and Laughton can't take those penalties. It's unacceptable. Once we were up 3-1 midway through the period with Carter Hart having things locked down, the Bruins had virtually zero shot of winning that game without help and we gave them every opportunity with those power plays. Then, it's just embarrassing how wide open their stars get around our net and Hart is left to fend for himself.

Yes, by all means, this was a deflating and infuriating loss, but we will grow from it at the end of the day.
Zero goals against were on Hart. He was a stud

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that they will get better but will it happen this shortened season? I'm concerned as they lose their minds and fold. They couldn't even keep up with the B's only line when pasta was out now they just leave him wide open thinking he didn't dress! Watch the replays they all go to Bergeron leaving pasta all by himself by the far post. Makes sense to leave a sniper wide open that's D 101 F me. Pay the price bring in someone comparable to Nisky and this shit won't happen nearly as often... probably won't even cost that much closer to the deadline give up a first throw in Frost' or someone who cares then go for the cup...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero goals against were on Hart. He was a stud
Thats what infuriated me even more Hart was great and they wasted him. We better see the D zone coverage fixed if they leave pasta wide open all game I'll just turn it off as my heart can't handle Hart getting hung to dry anymore. Especially to a one fucking line team!