• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Pierre McGuire said the flyers are good, they’ve sucked.
Hey Pierre, go back to your usual Flyer bashing, Penguin loving ways.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys we have a game coming up against the Flyers, game plan is, dump the puck, knock their pussy Dmen off the puck and score. Everyone on the Flyers D corps suxx, fuckin been exposed since last season as a bunch of AHL players. Where the fuck is Morin? At least that dude has heart. Provy= pussy ahler
Sandhiem= pussy Ahler
Hagg= Huge Swiss pussy not sure if he can even cut it in the ahl.
Gustafsson = cheap hack ahl replacement.
Braun= all around shit!
Myers= pussy ahler.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys we have a game coming up against the Flyers, game plan is, dump the puck, knock their pussy Dmen off the puck and score. Everyone on the Flyers D corps suxx, fuckin been exposed since last season as a bunch of AHL players. Where the fuck is Morin? At least that dude has heart. Provy= pussy ahler
Sandhiem= pussy Ahler
Braun= all around shit!
Myers= pussy ahler.
Your point is ? LOL

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we loose Nisky and it frees up some cap room, what do we do to fix it? Absolutely nothing!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More a post of frustration than a point I guess, lol.
Believe me I'm just as frustrated as you if not more with the D but the forwards shouldn't get a pass. They stunk as well. I guess my point with Bergeron is that he always comes to play he doesn't take nights off. Because of that he's better than every Flyer forward. Flyers can't beat Boston unless they match his work ethic which I'm not sure that they can do...hell every Boston player plays harder than the Flyers even their ahl call ups!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I'm just as frustrated as you if not more with the D but the forwards shouldn't get a pass. They stunk as well. I guess my point with Bergeron is that he always comes to play he doesn't take nights off. Because of that he's better than every Flyer forward. Flyers can't beat Boston unless they match his work ethic which I'm not sure that they can do...hell every Boston player plays harder than the Flyers even their ahl call ups!
While I agree, because there is 0 leadership on this team, absolutely 0! But we knew going in we were weakened on defense and choose to go a stop gap route versus bringing in someone who could play.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, because there is 0 leadership on this team, absolutely 0! But we knew going in we were weakened on defense and choose to go a stop gap route versus bringing in someone who could play.
Funny but the game before G said going into the 3rd period that they had to be prepared for a Boston push yet they came out flat gave up 4 goals! They knew what they had to do but played like shit defensively anyway.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny but the game before G said going into the 3rd period that they had to be prepared for a Boston push yet they came out flat gave up 4 goals! They knew what they had to do but played like shit defensively anyway.
The tape won’t lie - hopefully AV is having all day video sessions with all of them. Over and over again -make them watch.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, we certainly got the better of Boston last season and they were arguably a lot better then. We haven't lost near as much and have also gained more. Yeah, we lost Niskanen. They lost Chara and Krug. At the end of the day, we should be the better team. Let's see how the season progresses.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, we certainly got the better of Boston last season and they were arguably a lot better then. We haven't lost near as much and have also gained more. Yeah, we lost Niskanen. They lost Chara and Krug. At the end of the day, we should be the better team. Let's see how the season progresses.
This is true which makes it even more frustrating! They have backups throughout the lineup that made the Flyers starters look like backups. Shouldn't happen... if the Flyers worked as hard as Boston they'd win a lot more often no doubt but can they do it?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true which makes it even more frustrating! They have backups throughout the lineup that made the Flyers starters look like backups. Shouldn't happen... if the Flyers worked as hard as Boston they'd win a lot more often no doubt but can they do it?
Hell yes we can do it. It's game 6 of 56, there was no preseason and we're dressing a lot of young (but talented) players ourselves. I'm certainly willing to give AV and his veteran assistants a lot more time to turn this thing around.

It's not an excuse, but Couturier is a big part of this too. He's our Bergeron, except he's younger and cheaper.

We seem to have a lot of ups and downs with this squad, but the one thing they always do is bounce back.

If one of the lows is getting spanked by Buffalo or Boston 1-6 in the regular season and one of the highs is winning a Stanley Cup down the road, I'll take it.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panic button officially pushed.

for the life of me I don’t know what part of the ice our forwards play in. It seems like they are stuck between the blue lines. On offense it is often only one forward on their own trying to do something. I don’t know where the hell they are on defense. Shit, McIlvoy plays closer to our net than our forwards, when B’s are in O zone.
100% agree

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandhiem= pussy Ahler
Braun= all around shit!
Myers= pussy ahler.
Dont forget every forward but TK NAK and Raffl is a puss as well

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are officially out of a playoff spot right now and frankly i dont think we deserve to be in the playoffs right now. Hopefully we can turn this bad team defense thing around in a hurry.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can losing Nisky be the main problem. I know he was good but was he that good?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can losing Nisky be the main problem. I know he was good but was he that good?

He's definitely missed, but he's not the only reason. Myers going down exacerbates the hole Niskanen left because now they go from 3/4s of a good top 4, to only 2/4. And pairing Sanhiem with Provorov basically turns them into a legit 1st pair, and two 3rd pairs. And that's being generous to the '3rd pairs'. Gus and Braun have been atrocious. Plus Couturier is the Flyers best player and he's out.

It's not excuse to just lose every game for the next 2-3 weeks until Couturier/Myers come back. They'd essentially be eliminated from playoff contention if they went that way.

So they need to figure out how to get points until those guys return. And I think the coaches/players share equally in that. Coaches have to figure out a game plan and lineup to mask some of these weaknesses. And someone has to step up. Maybe the coaches need to sit Sanheim down and tell him for 2 weeks he's gotta step up and carry a pair on his own. Same for Provorov. And Hayes, Laughton, or Giroux need to step up and drive play for their line(s) like Couturier does.

This team has started slow every year for the past 10 years. This year they got a little luck and some good goaltending to bank a few points early. They need to wake up now if they want to stay in the thick of things.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Flyers are catching themselves in no man's land. Like Purdue said, it always looks like there's only 1 or maybe 2 forwards getting in the offensive zone. My theory is that they're trying to keep the '3rd man high' to try to mask the defensive issues. And that guy is taking it to the extreme and basically playing in the neutral zone. The problem is, their entire strategy is built on dump and chase hockey. When you dump and chase with 1 or 2 guys, the other team breaks out with ease. You spend the entire game playing defense. And with this crew, that's a disaster.

They need to either commit to dump and chase hockey and sink or swim with the dmen. Or they need to try to carry the puck in more and maintain possession. They can't just give possession right back over and over again and expect to be successful. And once they make that decision, they need to get to the net with those offensive possessions, not just flip it around on the perimeter for 45 seconds then go for a line change.

They spent a lot of time in the offseason and late last year talking about being a 'hard team to play against'. They're easy to play against right now. They don't threaten you with zone entries and they don't forecheck hard because they're scared of their defense. Easy to defend because they never have the puck. And easy to score on because the defense is a mess.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely missed, but he's not the only reason. Myers going down exacerbates the hole Niskanen left because now they go from 3/4s of a good top 4, to only 2/4. And pairing Sanhiem with Provorov basically turns them into a legit 1st pair, and two 3rd pairs. And that's being generous to the '3rd pairs'. Gus and Braun have been atrocious. Plus Couturier is the Flyers best player and he's out.

It's not excuse to just lose every game for the next 2-3 weeks until Couturier/Myers come back. They'd essentially be eliminated from playoff contention if they went that way.

So they need to figure out how to get points until those guys return. And I think the coaches/players share equally in that. Coaches have to figure out a game plan and lineup to mask some of these weaknesses. And someone has to step up. Maybe the coaches need to sit Sanheim down and tell him for 2 weeks he's gotta step up and carry a pair on his own. Same for Provorov. And Hayes, Laughton, or Giroux need to step up and drive play for their line(s) like Couturier does.

This team has started slow every year for the past 10 years. This year they got a little luck and some good goaltending to bank a few points early. They need to wake up now if they want to stay in the thick of things.
I would agree with this and i do somewhat but our defense was terrible even with Myers in the line up.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Flyers are catching themselves in no man's land. Like Purdue said, it always looks like there's only 1 or maybe 2 forwards getting in the offensive zone. My theory is that they're trying to keep the '3rd man high' to try to mask the defensive issues. And that guy is taking it to the extreme and basically playing in the neutral zone. The problem is, their entire strategy is built on dump and chase hockey. When you dump and chase with 1 or 2 guys, the other team breaks out with ease. You spend the entire game playing defense. And with this crew, that's a disaster.

They need to either commit to dump and chase hockey and sink or swim with the dmen. Or they need to try to carry the puck in more and maintain possession. They can't just give possession right back over and over again and expect to be successful. And once they make that decision, they need to get to the net with those offensive possessions, not just flip it around on the perimeter for 45 seconds then go for a line change.

They spent a lot of time in the offseason and late last year talking about being a 'hard team to play against'. They're easy to play against right now. They don't threaten you with zone entries and they don't forecheck hard because they're scared of their defense. Easy to defend because they never have the puck. And easy to score on because the defense is a mess.
So....... we currently suck