• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article that Sami Vatanen may be available on a 1 year $2-3 mill. deal. Right handed shot who could play 1st pairing with Provy. Maybe they are still trying to deal Ghost to open the space.

Provorov (6.75) - Vatanen (2.5)
Sanheim (3.25) - Myers (3M)
Hagg (1.6M) - Gustafsson (3M)
Braun (1.8)

Looks better, I think?

I agree. I like the look of that much more.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might provide a little more clarity on the Gustafsson signing:

Being friends with fellow Swedish defenseman Robert Hagg of the Flyers should help Gustafsson with the transition to a new team.

In fact, the two are currently practicing together back home in their native country. Gustafsson also is friends with Oskar Lindblom, who is making his way back to full health after a battle with Ewing’s sarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer.

“They’re two very good guys to know," Gustafsson said. “I’m looking forward to playing with them."

Nice. I always like when guys already know a few players when they come on board. Feel like that increases the chances of them being a good fit.

Lineup still looks weird to me, without something else.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article that Sami Vatanen may be available on a 1 year $2-3 mill. deal. Right handed shot who could play 1st pairing with Provy. Maybe they are still trying to deal Ghost to open the space.

Braun (1.8)

Looks better, I think?
I was wondering about Vatanen he looks to fit and at one time was a very highly rated dman.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vatanen got hurt getting in the cab on the way to the airport after the trade to Carolina (sarcasm). Pass for me. Good player who seems to be made of glass.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I always like when guys already know a few players when they come on board. Feel like that increases the chances of them being a good fit.

Lineup still looks weird to me, without something else.
Del Zotto hasn't signed with anyone yet.....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big grain of salt with the lines/pairings because I have no idea what the plan is on the back end. You have to assume they want Provorov continuing to take d-zone starts and they want Gustafsson getting o-zone starts. So Gustafsson probably doesn't play with Provorov. I think saddling Gustafsson with Hagg or Braun would be silly. So Gustafsson with Myers or Sanheim is what you're left with. He seems most likely to play on the right side, so Sanheim? But then you've got either Provorov/Braun or Hagg/Braun which aren't the most appealing. Unless they end up keeping Ghost, but at this point there's no reason to. Gustafsson, Sanheim, Provorov are probably your PP guys, don't need Ghost there anymore. I'm going with Provorov/Braun as a shutdown 1st pairing. Sanhiem/Gustafsson as your offense first pair. And Hagg/Myers as a complimentary shut down pair that can still move the puck a little bit with Myers? I dno guys. Seems weird.

Giroux (8.75) - Couturier (4.33) - Voracek (8.25)
Lindblom (3) - Hayes (7.14) - Konecny (5.5)
JvR (7) - Patrick (2M) - Farabee (.925)
Raffl (1.6) - Laughton (2.3) - NAK (1.075M)
Frost (.863), Laczynski (.925)

Provorov (6.75) - Braun (1.8)
Sanheim (3.25) - Gustafsson (3M)
Hagg (1.6M) - Myers (3M)
Ghost (4.5)

Hart (.730)
Elliot (1.5M)

Cap Total: 79.8 out of an allowable 81.5
We can not have Braun play top pair minutes. The only reason he was decent last season coming down the stretch is because he was playing 5/6. If he is playing 1/2 next year we may as well pack it in now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say In my honest opinion that our PP may be a coaching problem. We have way more than enough talent on the top end to put together a good PP unit. The one thing we all notice is there doesn't seem to be a lot of crashing the net during our PP. That has to change. Someone needs to start getting those nasty goals. I really liked the way NAK and Laughton played that way last season.
Our PP hasnt been good since Joey Mullen was fired.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Braun (1.8)

Looks better, I think?
I am for this signing especially at that price.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might provide a little more clarity on the Gustafsson signing:

Being friends with fellow Swedish defenseman Robert Hagg of the Flyers should help Gustafsson with the transition to a new team.

In fact, the two are currently practicing together back home in their native country. Gustafsson also is friends with Oskar Lindblom, who is making his way back to full health after a battle with Ewing’s sarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer.

“They’re two very good guys to know," Gustafsson said. “I’m looking forward to playing with them."

I think he will be OK but i hope this is not the signing we are going to try to fill Nisky loss with.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a possible scenario? Nisky comes to his senses and wants to play again. Do we hold his rights where we may be able to get him back at mid season??

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can not have Braun play top pair minutes. The only reason he was decent last season coming down the stretch is because he was playing 5/6. If he is playing 1/2 next year we may as well pack it in now.

I agree. The group of the defensemen the Flyers have right now don't seem like a good fit. I think they have 7 guys worthy of NHL minutes, but they don't have 3 proper pairs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if it was 2010. No for me on del Zotto.

Agreed. I really liked MDZ while he was on the Flyers. I think he should've gotten more minutes than he did.

But probably not at this point haha. Plus he's another offense-first guy. We'd be turning into the Leafs pretty quick and I think they've proven ignoring defense completely doesn't work very well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a possible scenario? Nisky comes to his senses and wants to play again. Do we hold his rights where we may be able to get him back at mid season??

When it was first announced there was talk about that. If he doesn't file the paperwork, the Flyers can just 'suspend' him to take his cap hit off the books. But retain his rights if he were to come back.

Shortly after that though his agent started issuing statements that he was done. I don't know if he actually filed the paperwork or not, but all the conversations since seem pretty resolute that he's not coming back.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PP hasnt been good since Joey Mullen was fired.

Agreed. I still don't understand that move. Guy was a PP ace as a coach.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need scoring depth.
That was our issue in the playoffs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need scoring depth.
That was our issue in the playoffs.

I defend them all the time obviously, but to me they have the talent/depth. It just didn't perform this playoff season. To me, Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, Konecny, Hayes and Lindblom is a good enough on paper for the top 6. And there should be enough in JvR, Laughton, Frost, Patrick, and NAK to put together a 3rd line that can contribute offensively.

And as noted above, their PP should be good. There's no excuse for that. The PP went 4/52 for a paltry 7.7% in the playoffs. They were 20.8% in the regular season. Even just that would've given them 7 more goals. That's an extra .5 goals per game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it was first announced there was talk about that. If he doesn't file the paperwork, the Flyers can just 'suspend' him to take his cap hit off the books. But retain his rights if he were to come back.

Shortly after that though his agent started issuing statements that he was done. I don't know if he actually filed the paperwork or not, but all the conversations since seem pretty resolute that he's not coming back.
I am going to still hold out hope and maybe he will come to his senses.