• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with this team:

Boston has Bergeron who is a great all around player just like Couts.

He is surrounded by two stars in Pasternak and Marchand while Couts is surrounded by Gee and Jake.

Point is we only have one star while they have three on their first line. We need stars to go with our star.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I’d be shocked if Fletcher blows it up. He was hired to go for a cup. If he wanted to blow it up, he’d get fired.
The only way to win a cup is to blow it up and get rid of Gee and Jake and JVR who are taking up 30% of our payroll and get some stars with that money .

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to win a cup is to blow it up and get rid of Gee and Jake and JVR who are taking up 30% of our payroll and get some stars with that money .

Oh man, I didn’t realize getting stars was that easy! Your plan is bulletproof!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not my plan at all!

Get assets for Gee and Jake now and keep Couts for now.

Never said it was your plan. Your “plan” is trade G, Jake, JvR, win cup. The logistics and steps in between are grounded in fantasy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it was your plan. Your “plan” is trade G, Jake, JvR, win cup. The logistics and steps in between are grounded in fantasy.
Your plan is 1 to 2 years to win a cup that's so far fetched i would say fantasy is your strong suit. :puzzled:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I didn’t realize getting stars was that easy! Your plan is bulletproof!
Keeping Gee all these years was your plan it worked out awesme. :L Your plan has FAILED year after year. :pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so much easier to get stars with 23.525 million at your disposal. The exact amount of the 3 scrubs you have backed for years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so much easier to get stars with 23.525 million at your disposal. The exact amount of the 3 scrubs you have backed for years.

Get stars. Win cup. Amazing insight! Why doesn’t every team just follow that!?

You talk about it like it’s so damn easy. It’s not. You think Boston is going to trade Marchand or Pasternak? Or Toronto is going to trade Matthews or Marner? Mackinnon, Crosby, MacDacid? They’re not available. Period. End of story. You don’t get to add stars just because you want them. Who do you think the Flyers are going to trade for that’s a true star? Gadreau? He’s Giroux reincarnated. Seth Jones? I’ll eat my shirt if the BJ’s trade him, let alone to the Flyers when every team in the league would be lining up. Eichel? He might get traded, but he’s got a shit contract and a shit attitude. Good luck building around him. So who is it? Who are these stars the flyers are going to magically add with the 23M in cap space? Make one realistic trade proposal, I dare you.

Adding stars is hard. Hextall tried to do it through the draft. If TK, Provorov, Hart, and Patrick don’t pan out to be stars. Hextall’s rebuild is a failure. And we start over. And if it failed, we shouldn’t make the same mistake he made by keeping his ‘stars at the time’. Trade couturier too. Rebuild from scratch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get stars. Win cup. Amazing insight! Why doesn’t every team just follow that!?

You talk about it like it’s so damn easy. It’s not. You think Boston is going to trade Marchand or Pasternak? Or Toronto is going to trade Matthews or Marner? Mackinnon, Crosby, MacDacid? They’re not available. Period. End of story. You don’t get to add stars just because you want them. Who do you think the Flyers are going to trade for that’s a true star? Gadreau? He’s Giroux reincarnated. Seth Jones? I’ll eat my shirt if the BJ’s trade him, let alone to the Flyers when every team in the league would be lining up. Eichel? He might get traded, but he’s got a shit contract and a shit attitude. Good luck building around him. So who is it? Who are these stars the flyers are going to magically add with the 23M in cap space? Make one realistic trade proposal, I dare you.

Adding stars is hard. Hextall tried to do it through the draft. If TK, Provorov, Hart, and Patrick don’t pan out to be stars. Hextall’s rebuild is a failure. And we start over. And if it failed, we shouldn’t make the same mistake he made by keeping his ‘stars at the time’. Trade couturier too.
Just check free agents 2021 and see what we could do with 23 pus million and maybe you will stop typing all these long posts worth of nonsense.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Gee all these years was your plan it worked out awesme. :L Your plan has FAILED year after year. :pound:

Weve been over this a million times. The plan was for the young guys to step up after they developed for a few years. They haven’t.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just check free agents 2021 and see what we could do with 23 pus million and maybe you will stop typing all these long posts worth of nonsense.

Lol. I’m not writing your plan for you. It’s your plan, you look at the damn list and come up with a realistic plan to build a cup contender through free agency.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I’m not writing your plan for you. It’s your plan, you look at the damn list and come up with a realistic plan to build a cup contender through free agency.
The plan for starters is to get rid of offense only players in Giroux and Jake and JVR and clear 23.5 million in cap space

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan for starters is to get rid of offense only players in Giroux and Jake and JVR and clear 23.5 million in cap space

Is it!? Thank god you cleared that up for me. I didn't know that's what you were trying to do! What is step 2?

The Flyers have a whopping 7 points this season in games where Giroux and Voracek dont put points on the board. 7. You better be replacing some of their offense with this glorious plan because the record says the Flyers don't win without it.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I looked at the 2021 UFA list. The 2 players that can make a real difference are Gabriel Landeskog and Dougie Hamilton. Both will be able to chose where they want to go. Other than these 2, a team is going to have to give a bunch of years and money. Example - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Probably 6 years/$6-7,000,000/year. 28 years old and best year 2018/19 82 games -28 g -41 a - 69 pts. Not sure who else makes sense, but it seems like the Flyers have to overpay to get top guys to sign i.e. Hayes and JVR. There are some definite upgrades, but nothing that rights this ship.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it!? Thank god you cleared that up for me. I didn't know that's what you were trying to do! What is step 2?

The Flyers have a whopping 7 points this season in games where Giroux and Voracek dont put points on the board. 7. You better be replacing some of their offense with this glorious plan because the record says the Flyers don't win without it.
You saying this hold as much weight as your analytics theory.

Analytics had Haag as our best defenseman 2.5 weeks ago. :dhd:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, between Sabres and Devils we ended a collective 28 game winless streak.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying this hold as much weight as your analytics theory.

Analytics had Haag as our best defenseman 2.5 weeks ago. :dhd:

So no step 2 then? I can stop holding my breath.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I looked at the 2021 UFA list. The 2 players that can make a real difference are Gabriel Landeskog and Dougie Hamilton. Both will be able to chose where they want to go. Other than these 2, a team is going to have to give a bunch of years and money. Example - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Probably 6 years/$6-7,000,000/year. 28 years old and best year 2018/19 82 games -28 g -41 a - 69 pts. Not sure who else makes sense, but it seems like the Flyers have to overpay to get top guys to sign i.e. Hayes and JVR. There are some definite upgrades, but nothing that rights this ship.

We have to see what we get for Gee and Jake and pray the Kraken take JVR.

I already had my eye on Landeskog and Nugent Hopkins but we cant do anything without getting rid of our anchors.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. And I can't imagine the Avs let Landeskog truly get to free agency.