• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no step 2 then? I can stop holding my breath.
Cant say what we could get without getting rid of the three holding us back. I dont post fantasy and try to make it like its fact like you do.

I only put up factual information.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say what we could get without getting rid of the three holding us back. I dont post fantasy and try to make it like its fact like you do.

I only put up factual information.

I'd love to see you try to go beyond that. Stretch yourself a little. Because the broken record routine is exhausting. And I think you'd find the reality behind "dump the anchors" a lot bleaker than you make it sound.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to see what we get for Gee and Jake and pray the Kraken take JVR.

I already had my eye on Landeskog and Nugent Hopkins but we cant do anything without getting rid of our anchors.
Landeskog is a home run for sure, but I am not holding my breath. The Avs will do all they can to keep him and he will be the bell of the ball this summer and can chose where he want's to go.

I also think Nugent-Hopkins gets us into another crappy too much and too long deal. These are the types of deals that we are trying to get rid of. His contract will be too much for a 60 something points per year.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cannot get my head around Yeo continuing his employment with the Flyers. I don’t give a shit that we “don’t have the right combination of players” - our D and PK are pure shit and an embarrassment. Yeo should man up and quit because “I just suck”.
Now 31st in goals against and 30th in pk

I need to find a job where being the worst in my field is just fine. No worries, job security.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landeskog is a home run for sure, but I am not holding my breath. The Avs will do all they can to keep him and he will be the bell of the ball this summer and can chose where he want's to go.

I also think Nugent-Hopkins gets us into another crappy too much and too long deal. These are the types of deals that we are trying to get rid of. His contract will be too much for a 60 something points per year.
We cant make any of these crappy or great deals unless we unload the three anchors holding us back. If we dont do that we are sunk for another year of two until we actually blow it up and go from the bottom up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine losses this season to the three worst teams in our division (aside from us) and only one of those games went to OT. That's the ultimate downfall of this squad, unfortunately. We couldn't beat the teams that other playoff teams routinely crushed and we didn't even acquire points in those losses either. It's demoralizing and embarrassing, for sure, especially when you consider that these teams are hated rivals from NY and NJ.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love when people who argued me to death are now trumpeting what i have been saying all along.

Its ok that you were never right i still have room on the dark side. :pound: :pound:

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant make any of these crappy or great deals unless we unload the three anchors holding us back. If we dont do that we are sunk for another year of two until we actually blow it up and go from the bottom up.
Just having a conversation regarding next years FA class. We will have the money to sign Nugent-Hopkins, but I think it would be a mistake. You want to blow it up, who are you getting rid of and what's the return? Gee and Hayes have NMC's, so they have control if and where they can be traded.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just having a conversation regarding next years FA class. We will have the money to sign Nugent-Hopkins, but I think it would be a mistake. You want to blow it up, who are you getting rid of and what's the return? Gee and Hayes have NMC's, so they have control if and where they can be traded.
The value of the guys we have now are so low we may be stuck with all of them.

In a perfect world everyone goes but Hart Couts TK Farabee Prov Laughton and maybe Sanheim and everyone else goes for draft picks.

Then we have enough money to sign Landeskog to start, then package picks to get a third star high in the draft. That would be our three stars ( Couts Landeskog and one of the top draft picks) plus Prov TK Farabee Hart.

Them you fill in with Frost Allison Laczinsky Zamula York and so on.

None of this happens unless we can unload Gee Jake JVR and Hayes. Its all just a dream until then

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value of the guys we have now are so low we may be stuck with all of them.

In a perfect world everyone goes but Hart Couts TK Farabee Prov Laughton and maybe Sanheim and everyone else goes for draft picks.

Then we have enough money to sign Landeskog to start, then package picks to get a third star high in the draft. That would be our three stars ( Couts Landeskog and one of the top draft picks) plus Prov TK Farabee Hart.

Them you fill in with Frost Allison Laczinsky Zamula York and so on.

None of this happens unless we can unload Gee Jake JVR and Hayes. Its all just a dream until then
We don't live in a perfect world, so in the real world, who do you think can be dumped and what's the return? It sounds like you are saying it's impossible to blow up this team. Landeskog is the longest of long shots even if you can move Gee, JVR, Hayes and Jake. I am in favor of moving any 4 of these guys, but it is pretty frinking hard with the $$$ and years involved.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Hart is out for the remainder of the year. Maybe Felix Sandstrom gets a shot. May as well see what these young guys have.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't live in a perfect world, so in the real world, who do you think can be dumped and what's the return? It sounds like you are saying it's impossible to blow up this team. Landeskog is the longest of long shots even if you can move Gee, JVR, Hayes and Jake. I am in favor of moving any 4 of these guys, but it is pretty frinking hard with the $$$ and years involved.
With the value of our players right now i do feel its impossible to blow it up. I just read an article on how its going to be tough for the Avs to sign Landeskog so while you feel its a long shot i dont think it is if we can dump our anchors.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Hart is out for the remainder of the year. Maybe Felix Sandstrom gets a shot. May as well see what these young guys have.
We drafted a goalie every year while Hextall was in charge It would be nice to have one of those guys step up instead of signing a free agent.I guess Errson would be the top goalie in our system besides hart.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a story that says Nolan Patrick in danger of earning a draft bust label.
He gets another season before I’m prepared to make a judgement

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to unload G, Jake, JvR & Hayes. It might be nice too get rid of three of them, but even that seems pie in the sky.
I think the most doable is a side deal with the Kraken (god I love that name) to take Jake or JvR in the expansion draft. G & Hayes have no movement so they would have to be protected UNLESS they agree to waive it. The issue though is that it is the personality combination of G & Jake that is one of the biggest issues...and the entitlement game that they play and the coaching staff plays into.

Take away Jake, G is a serviceable top 9 forward. He can kill penalties, and if he earns it play on the PP. But you don't just give him top PP minutes every night. Take away Jake and the logjam on the right side is a lot easier to sort out.

Also, bear in mind that it might be necessary to move TK to bring in blueline help. Not saying I want to, not saying it will happen, saying it might be necessary.

Frankly, if they don't break up the G/Jake connection, I don't know what they can do to make this team better long term because the negative leadership cloud will still be there.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyon, Hagg and Hayes are out, Morin and Twarysnki are in.