• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just to sum up things. We're not getting Landeskog. The Avs are on the brink of a few good seasons to make some serious cup runs, I'd be willing to bet a whole lot Landy doesn't walk away from that situation. Gee and Hayes aren't going any where either. Gee already said he wants to retire a Flyer. After next season though he is not guaranteed that. I wouldn't mind seeing about wrapping Jake up in a neat little package deal to Columbus for Laine. Main thing this team needs is a defensive overhaul, at this point only keepers are Provy and maybe Sanhiem, gotta start there. So at least let the krakheads have JVR and trade Jake and then get rid if the defense all together.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching up on some posts after a busy work day.

1. I would swap Landeskog for one of the Flyers current core without hesitation. But, I don't think he's leaving Colorado (like Bacon said) and I don't think he's a true star. That being said, the Flyers need player(s) like him. I'd be absolutely shocked if Colorado doesn't do what it has to to keep him.

2. As I've said before, their best hope for moving one of the big contracts is the expansion draft. I'd be willing to part with an asset to get them to take Jake or JvR. Not a major one, because I do think there's a chance JvR could be their pick anyway (Jake's contract will deter them from him). But I'd be willing to part with a mid-round pick to make sure. They have to clear cap space to address the defense.

3. Use that JvR money to chase Hamilton with all you've got. Anything left over I would try to add speed and tenacity to the forward ranks. Preferably someone that's won a cup.

4. Hope Hart rights the ship and that Provorov/Hamilton/Sanheim is a good enough top 3 that one of Myers/Ghost/Braun can be a suitable #4.

5. Hayes is immovable right now. He's been dreadful this year and his contract goes on for eternity.

If you can't get Hamilton, you have to look at a big trade for a guy like Ellis or Klingberg. And that big trade is probably for a Flyer nobody wants to lose, not Giroux/Hayes/Voracek because their value related to their contract is not something teams would want in that type of deal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'd just like to say that anyone that plays on the Flyers PK right now probably can't put "plays the PK" on their resume with a straight face. That thing is an absolute shit show.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not even playing for pride anymore

Last night was akin to taking the dog out back and coming back without him. What a dreadful season.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to get some young guys a cup of coffee:
Sandin
Labarge
Millman
York
Foerster
Wisdom
Sandstrom

6 games left and currently draft pick #13. Definitely have a chance to move to # 10. Not saying to put them all in at the same time, but get them 2 or 3 games each.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just to sum up things. We're not getting Landeskog. The Avs are on the brink of a few good seasons to make some serious cup runs, I'd be willing to bet a whole lot Landy doesn't walk away from that situation. Gee and Hayes aren't going any where either. Gee already said he wants to retire a Flyer. After next season though he is not guaranteed that. I wouldn't mind seeing about wrapping Jake up in a neat little package deal to Columbus for Laine. Main thing this team needs is a defensive overhaul, at this point only keepers are Provy and maybe Sanhiem, gotta start there. So at least let the krakheads have JVR and trade Jake and then get rid if the defense all together.
So what your saying is we cant blow it up and not get Landeskog because our players value is at an all time low. Where have i heard that before ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandin
Labarge
Millman
York
Foerster
Wisdom
Sandstrom

6 games left and currently draft pick #13. Definitely have a chance to move to # 10. Not saying to put them all in at the same time, but get them 2 or 3 games each.

Agreed. Unfortunately I think they're down to 2 AHL callups left now because you only get 4 non-emergency ones after the deadline. But I'm sure they can stretch it and shut a few guys down due to health stuff and use some emergecy recalls. IE Hayes last night.

I'd be shocked if York didn't get a game or two. He's apparently day to day with an LBI right now, but the way Fletcher has spoke, getting York some NHL action was the plan.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching up on some posts after a busy work day.

1. I would swap Landeskog for one of the Flyers current core without hesitation. But, I don't think he's leaving Colorado (like Bacon said) and I don't think he's a true star. That being said, the Flyers need player(s) like him. I'd be absolutely shocked if Colorado doesn't do what it has to to keep him.

2. As I've said before, their best hope for moving one of the big contracts is the expansion draft. I'd be willing to part with an asset to get them to take Jake or JvR. Not a major one, because I do think there's a chance JvR could be their pick anyway (Jake's contract will deter them from him). But I'd be willing to part with a mid-round pick to make sure. They have to clear cap space to address the defense.

3. Use that JvR money to chase Hamilton with all you've got. Anything left over I would try to add speed and tenacity to the forward ranks. Preferably someone that's won a cup.

4. Hope Hart rights the ship and that Provorov/Hamilton/Sanheim is a good enough top 3 that one of Myers/Ghost/Braun can be a suitable #4.

5. Hayes is immovable right now. He's been dreadful this year and his contract goes on for eternity.

If you can't get Hamilton, you have to look at a big trade for a guy like Ellis or Klingberg. And that big trade is probably for a Flyer nobody wants to lose, not Giroux/Hayes/Voracek because their value related to their contract is not something teams would want in that type of deal.
I hope all this happens and it brings us up to the middle of the pack from the lower middle It seems that we like it there so why not stay there.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Unfortunately I think they're down to 2 AHL callups left now because you only get 4 non-emergency ones after the deadline. But I'm sure they can stretch it and shut a few guys down due to health stuff and use some emergecy recalls. IE Hayes last night.

I'd be shocked if York didn't get a game or two. He's apparently day to day with an LBI right now, but the way Fletcher has spoke, getting York some NHL action was the plan.
Crap, I remember reading something about the number of call ups allowed. Time to pull a Tonya Harding on some of the veterans. Nothing serious, a deep bruise that will last 6 games will suffice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not even playing for pride anymore
A few player are playing with pride. The last three games we had a player take a run at Couts and Lindblom fought him and the next game another player took a run at Couts and Laughton fought him and last night Farabee fought a player messing with TK.

Seems like the changing of the guard as far as leadership is happening in these last few games

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandin
Labarge
Millman
York
Foerster
Wisdom
Sandstrom

Agreed this shouldve been happening for more than a week already.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to shut down a lot of players and just do the call ups so they can get some experience

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an example of what happens when a team that rides a wave of a hot/good goalie along with players playing up to their potential (Hayes) players being used appropriately and not asked to play in miss matched roles (the entire defense since Niskanen retired).

All I can do is shrug. But I will bet that G and Jake both go on some kind of a torrid scoring tear now that they team is eliminated. Well, it wouldn't shock me, doubt they will muster the buy in to do it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that 10 losses to the three worst teams in our division. These regulation losses to NJ and Buffalo, plus the blowout losses to the NYR have not only killed the season, they've been demoralizing and embarrassing. I'm sure the players and coaches feel the same way. It has carried over to other games too, unfortunately.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are officially eliminated from the playoffs. It was the worst season in recent memory.

Congratulations to all posters here who stuck it out in this pathetic season. You are true Flyer fans!!:suds::suds:
Hopefully at least York, Sandin and Sandstrom all get a few games so there is something to watch. I can't do baseball any more as I find myself channel surfing between pitches.