• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the US TV rights are close to settled. NBC has dropped it's pursuit of the future package and twitter says ESPN and TNT will be splitting the rights. ESPN getting 4 of the next 7 cup finals, TNT getting 3.

I have to say I'm a little sad about that. I really enjoyed NBC's coverage for the most part. Doc was a big part of that though and with him retiring maybe it's not so bad. But I enjoyed the studio coverage they had too. I feel like Liam was a good host and Anson Carter and Patrick Sharp were good too.

Should be interesting to see how the NBA and NHL coexist on both channels.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the US TV rights are close to settled. NBC has dropped it's pursuit of the future package and twitter says ESPN and TNT will be splitting the rights. ESPN getting 4 of the next 7 cup finals, TNT getting 3.

I have to say I'm a little sad about that. I really enjoyed NBC's coverage for the most part. Doc was a big part of that though and with him retiring maybe it's not so bad. But I enjoyed the studio coverage they had too. I feel like Liam was a good host and Anson Carter and Patrick Sharp were good too.

Should be interesting to see how the NBA and NHL coexist on both channels.
I really cant stand ESPN getting a piece of the coverage. You 100% know hockey will be taking a back seat to basketball

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cant stand ESPN getting a piece of the coverage. You 100% know hockey will be taking a back seat to basketball

Yep. And football. But I guess some airtime on ESPN is better than none? At least that's probably what Gary and the owners are thinking. I'm not looking forward to it. At this point, I'll take good coverage over trying to grow the game. What do I care if the owners/players get paid more? :lol:

TNT will be the more interesting one to me. They'll essentially be building a new broadcast team from scratch. Wonder if they'll get some NBC defectors / lay offs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laczinsky out for the year. I guess we wont be evaluating him in the last few games

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laczinsky out for the year. I guess we wont be evaluating him in the last few games

Sucks. Hate that for him and for the Flyers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
York with 1G, 2A tonight for the Phantoms. But they also blew a 5-1 lead. Fortunately they got the 6-5 win.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And football. But I guess some airtime on ESPN is better than none? At least that's probably what Gary and the owners are thinking. I'm not looking forward to it. At this point, I'll take good coverage over trying to grow the game. What do I care if the owners/players get paid more? :lol:

TNT will be the more interesting one to me. They'll essentially be building a new broadcast team from scratch. Wonder if they'll get some NBC defectors / lay offs.
Mike Milbury Jeremy Roenick and Don Cherry were some names being joked about on the morning show here in NY

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing Big Z tonight.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Milbury Jeremy Roenick and Don Cherry were some names being joked about on the morning show here in NY

Oh boy haha. I actually read an article last night talking about Charles Barkley doubling up and doing some NHL stuff. Apparently he’s a huge fan and is a huge personality to put on an intermission show or something. I actually don’t hate the idea. Make the intermission more entertaining and less detailed analysis.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy haha. I actually read an article last night talking about Charles Barkley doubling up and doing some NHL stuff. Apparently he’s a huge fan and is a huge personality to put on an intermission show or something. I actually don’t hate the idea. Make the intermission more entertaining and less detailed analysis.
Agree i like Barkley and think he is entertaining.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Plus game on the offensive end. Basically same body type and game as Sanheim.

Im interested to see them together too. That was kind of the idea with a Myers/Sanheim pair before Myers’ game fell off a cliff.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing my part as the resident Giroux defender. Below from Charlie talks about how Giroux has been the flyers best player again this year and why, at 33 years old, that’s a bit of a bad sign.

From the article, he’s 8th in the league in Evolving Hockey’s ‘Wins above replacement model’. The model takes into account offense and defense metrics. Link to the description (Wins Above Replacement: The Process (Part 2))

Claude Giroux is the Flyers’ best player again, and that’s part of their problem: O’Connor’s Observations
Claude Giroux is the Flyers' best player again, and that's part of their problem: O'Connor's Observations

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing my part as the resident Giroux defender. Below from Charlie talks about how Giroux has been the flyers best player again this year and why, at 33 years old, that’s a bit of a bad sign.

From the article, he’s 8th in the league in Evolving Hockey’s ‘Wins above replacement model’. The model takes into account offense and defense metrics. Link to the description (Wins Above Replacement: The Process (Part 2))

Claude Giroux is the Flyers’ best player again, and that’s part of their problem: O’Connor’s Observations
Claude Giroux is the Flyers' best player again, and that's part of their problem: O'Connor's Observations
Only argument would be for Coots. He is after all, our only trophy winner in recent memory.

but, for the sake of argument, G is our best player - and it’s our problem. Will not win a cup as long as this remains “true”

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only argument would be for Coots. He is after all, our only trophy winner in recent memory.

but, for the sake of argument, G is our best player - and it’s our problem. Will not win a cup as long as this remains “true”

Ya, I think Coots is truly their best player now. But Giroux has probably been their best this year. The article states, and I agree, that the goal of the Hextall build was that Giroux would be a good complimentary piece and that guys like Provorov, Konecny, and Hart would be fighting Coots for the title of best player at this point, not Giroux.

Definitely agree that as long as he is their best player, they won't win a cup. Especially not at 33+.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you or anyone else in this world thinks Gee is better than Couts you are sorely mistaken

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I think Coots is truly their best player now. But Giroux has probably been their best this year. The article states, and I agree, that the goal of the Hextall build was that Giroux would be a good complimentary piece and that guys like Provorov, Konecny, and Hart would be fighting Coots for the title of best player at this point, not Giroux.

Definitely agree that as long as he is their best player, they won't win a cup. Especially not at 33+.
This is exactly why this team needs to blow it up and take 4-7 years to get to a Stanley cup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you or anyone else in this world thinks Gee is better than Couts you are sorely mistaken

No, I don't think anyone Giroux is truly better than Couturier. And obviously Couturier is the future. But this season, there's a pretty reasonable argument that Giroux has added more value to the Flyers than Couturier has. By that same "Wins Above Replacement" statistic that Giroux is 8th in the league in, Couturier is 69th this year.

O'Connor thinks Couturier has been battling injuries all year, even though Coots says he's recovered. I wouldn't be surprised. He definitely hasn't played to his full strength this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why this team needs to blow it up and take 4-7 years to get to a Stanley cup.

As I've said before, if that's the route they decide to go, I hope they blow it to smithereens and trade Couturier as well.