• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure there is enough left out there to right this ship. Fingers crossed.
Its such a pattern. At some point we go on a 5-7 game win streak and everyone is fooled again thinking this team is good. We do this every year and wind up in the middle of the pack. No high draft choice and no cup appearance. Its called the middling effect.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all stink back there except Prov.

He was definitely part of the problem last night. Not saying they should ditch him or give up on him, but he's not playing well either.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts Prov Hart and TK can stay everyone else GTFOH!!!

Blowing it up puts us back to the rebuild and 3-5 years until contention.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowing it up puts us back to the rebuild and 3-5 years until contention.
With this team we arent winning anything for 3-5 years anyway so what's the difference? Staying around the middle is not a good way to build a cup team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this team we arent winning anything for 3-5 years anyway so what's the difference? Staying around the middle is not a good way to build a cup team.

I don't want to be 3-5 years away again. They have talented players, it's year 1 or 2 of the window finally opening. We've gotta give this group a shot before we just pull the plug. They've got tons of picks and prospects to augment the team. Figure out what the root of the problem is, and address it through trades/free agency. Or if they're just in a rough patch.

And yes, it's year 1 or 2 of the window finally opening. They haven't been "trying with this team for 5 years". You believed they should contend during that time when they clearly were not trying to and the roster sucked.

The current roster may be flawed, but it's not hopeless.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Goligoski is being reported that the Flyers are targeting now. Not sure what he has left in the tank as a 35 year old vet? The Flyers can't get cute. They are now on the outside looking in. This division is brutal and we simply can't afford that many more night offs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be 3-5 years away again. They have talented players, it's year 1 or 2 of the window finally opening. We've gotta give this group a shot before we just pull the plug. They've got tons of picks and prospects to augment the team. Figure out what the root of the problem is, and address it through trades/free agency. Or if they're just in a rough patch.

And yes, it's year 1 or 2 of the window finally opening. They haven't been "trying with this team for 5 years". You believed they should contend during that time when they clearly were not trying to and the roster sucked.

The current roster may be flawed, but it's not hopeless.
Just post one article from a respected writer that says we have a good shot to win the cup in the next 1-2 years and ill believe you.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Goligoski is being reported that the Flyers are targeting now. Not sure what he has left in the tank as a 35 year old vet? The Flyers can't get cute. They are now on the outside looking in. This division is brutal and we simply can't afford that many more night offs.
No no no! This is the stuff that made me cringe when we hired Fletcher. He did the same shit in Minny, tried bringing in too many players to fill stop gaps and kept Minny a middle of the street team for years. At this point might as well wait and go after big fish in the off season, not just 1 but 2

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI we won our first fight in years. I jumped so high i almost hit my head on the ceiling. Way to go Andreoff!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just post one article from a respected writer that says we have a good shot to win the cup in the next 1-2 years and ill believe you.
If they go balls out in the off season for a couple of good dmen and can solidify those spots then we have just as good a chance as anybody. The other biggest problem is this team doesn't have the players for a defense 1st type mentality, they need to just open shit up and try to outgunned everyone from here on out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no! This is the stuff that made me cringe when we hired Fletcher. He did the same shit in Minny, tried bringing in too many players to fill stop gaps and kept Minny a middle of the street team for years. At this point might as well wait and go after big fish in the off season, not just 1 but 2
Well then he fits right in here in Philly because we are the best middle of the street team and have been for many years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then he fits right in here in Philly because we are the best middle of the street team and have been for many years.
Well if he screws the pooch in the off season then he needs the fans to call for his replacement. I'll just post he said something racist on social media and we'll get him canceled! He also needs to send his buddy Yeo packing, something he couldn't bring himself to do in Minny either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go balls out in the off season for a couple of good dmen and can solidify those spots then we have just as good a chance as anybody. The other biggest problem is this team doesn't have the players for a defense 1st type mentality, they need to just open shit up and try to outgunned everyone from here on out.
You have truly gone over to the dark side and are now overrating our players. :heh:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he screws the pooch in the off season then he needs the fans to call for his replacement. I'll just post he said something racist on social media and we'll get him canceled! He also needs to send his buddy Yeo packing, something he couldn't bring himself to do in Minny either.
:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have truly gone over to the dark side and are now overrating our players. :heh:
Not really, we have a decent enough front core, like I said though, they are being asked to play roles not suited for their games. If we had good defense and could take the pressure off and let our forwards concentrate on offense I think we'd see a better team like we did when we had Nisky. Now the problem is you need at least 2 Niskys to solidify things back there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, we have a decent enough front core, like I said though, they are being asked to play roles not suited for their games. If we had good defense and could take the pressure off and let our forwards concentrate on offense I think we'd see a better team like we did when we had Nisky. Now the problem is you need at least 2 Niskys to solidify things back there.
When we had Nisky we were at our best and still weren't anywhere near having "just as good a chance as anybody"

Youre right we need two Niskys and have none and no money to pay two Niskys.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that Dougi e Hamilton will be a UFA next season'22. Any chance he hits FA?