• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Womens World Cup Thread

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they really squandered a ton of opportunities. Unpolished.

Man....some of the saves from both goalies today. Unreal. The Dutch goalie will be a rough one to get by.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not polished at all.. Especially on that last play where she should have just taken it to the corner and this game would have been over but she tried to shot and score

Yeah, that lipstick, rouge wearing winger was TERRIBLE today... Her service was horrible, lost a ton of opportunities and other than one hard shot, did nothing...

Funny, you think a player that looks like..... that.... would be more flashy and top class, but she was downright awful.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that lipstick, rouge wearing winger was TERRIBLE today... Her service was horrible, lost a ton of opportunities and other than one hard shot, did nothing...

Funny, you think a player that looks like..... that.... would be more flashy and top class, but she was downright awful.

I maybe a little insensitive her but I had to look about 5-6 times to realize that it she wasn't actually a male... She was supposed to be really good but didn't show it.. Now players can have off games so that's probably all her's was. Let's hope she's off as well on Sunday

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Lloyd gets the start on Sunday. Yes she is getting older but she is still by far the most dependable and clutch member of the team. Morgan will never even come close to being the player LLOYD has been. She has to be on the field.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Lloyd gets the start on Sunday. Yes she is getting older but she is still by far the most dependable and clutch member of the team. Morgan will never even come close to being the player LLOYD has been. She has to be on the field.
Probably the only position Lloyd could start at is Morgans. Not sure Lloyd is as fast as Alex at this point. Skill wise they are pretty equal. The three back up strikers, include Pugh in the mix, would start for every other team in the World. Good problem to have. In fact, the 4th striker on the bench, McDonald, led the Women's league in scoring last season.

From a standpoint of pure striker Alex has the edge in experience. Lloyd hasn't had as much time at the striker position. She was a midfielder for the vast majority of her career on the WNT. This gets dicey because others play different roles on club teams like Dunn.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the only position Lloyd could start at is Morgans. Not sure Lloyd is as fast as Alex at this point. Skill wise they are pretty equal. The three back up strikers, include Pugh in the mix, would start for every other team in the World. Good problem to have. In fact, the 4th striker on the bench, McDonald, led the Women's league in scoring last season.

From a standpoint of pure striker Alex has the edge in experience. Lloyd hasn't had as much time at the striker position. She was a midfielder for the vast majority of her career on the WNT. This gets dicey because others play different roles on club teams like Dunn.

I’m far from a soccer expert but I know greatness when I see it. Morgan is just too tentative at times for my liking and to me she is unproven in terms of being clutch. I’m not suggesting she be benched, but they should be leaning on Lloyd more in my opinion at this point.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m far from a soccer expert but I know greatness when I see it. Morgan is just too tentative at times for my liking and to me she is unproven in terms of being clutch. I’m not suggesting she be benched, but they should be leaning on Lloyd more in my opinion at this point.

I certainly don’t begrudge the feelings on Lloyd. She will always be one of my all time favorites. But I feel you’re a little short sighted on Morgan.

Pure striker is an odd position in soccer. More of than not they have games where they don’t look like they are doing anything. But they are. Sometimes their mere presence on the field is doing something. Because at any moment they can leap up and pop a goal. Kind of like Alex did for the deciding goal the other night.

I would say Alex has learned more to be clutch. What I do see and don’t like much from her is she never formed into that physical striker I like to see. One who is killer on ball and goal no matter what you try to do. She has continued to lean on the bullshit art of drawing fouls. Disappointing, but that puts her with a solid majority of strikers (see White from England).

When Lloyd has been at striker she has that killer mentality. And it’s pleasing to see. But, as said, Lloyd is not a natural striker. She is naturally a mid fielder. But with her advancing years she can’t easily run the whole field too long....so spark plug striker off the bench it is.

The problem as a coach is you don’t want to go to that too quickly and miss the chance that Morgan can pop up and break a game open.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A US/Holland final it is on Sunday. I think the US wins handily.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great ass on that Dutch chick who scored the winning goal against Sweden tonight.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women's soccer is pretty boring. Watching them play even in the big tournaments is like watching Alabama and Clemson's JV game. They just aren't that good. There are some pretty hot chicks though, I gotta say.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe a little insensitive her but I had to look about 5-6 times to realize that it she wasn't actually a male... She was supposed to be really good but didn't show it.. Now players can have off games so that's probably all her's was. Let's hope she's off as well on Sunday
I thought it might be a Tranny as well.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking up for a team mate is stupid? Particularly, when what the team mate did is the norm in post goal celebrating?

If you're looking stupid, how about scheduling the mens soccer right after the Womens final. That's stupid.

I didn’t see the comment on Rapinoe being specific to the link, but representative of an overall attitude towards Rapinoe as a whole based on who she is, what she stands for and the brash type of play she displays. To each their own. It’s just when it gets to a comment that has to be “****”.

“I don’t like her” or “I don’t agree with her and her cocky attitude” I could respect. But, than, if I think about it...it is fine. A Suarez or Ronaldo will get a “what a dick” or “what an asshole” comment too. All fair and equal.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking up for a team mate is stupid? Particularly, when what the team mate did is the norm in post goal celebrating?

If you're looking stupid, how about scheduling the mens soccer right after the Womens final. That's stupid.

My big question on this decision is:

Are we using the success of the Women's team to bring more viewers to the Men's team in this instance? Or visa versa?

The only reason that is a question is that the men's game is US vs Mexico... Nobody gives a rat's ass about the Gold Cup.

Was cool that for the Women's semi-final I stopped in at a bar to watch and it was a fun atmosphere with a good amount of fans and such that all seemed very into it. Now we have ESPN picking up the broadcast for the tail end of the NWSL season? Maybe women's soccer has a fighting chance here? Cool!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big question on this decision is:

Are we using the success of the Women's team to bring more viewers to the Men's team in this instance? Or visa versa?

The only reason that is a question is that the men's game is US vs Mexico... Nobody gives a rat's ass about the Gold Cup.

Was cool that for the Women's semi-final I stopped in at a bar to watch and it was a fun atmosphere with a good amount of fans and such that all seemed very into it. Now we have ESPN picking up the broadcast for the tail end of the NWSL season? Maybe women's soccer has a fighting chance here? Cool!
According to the folks in charge of TV/Game scheduling it was a, "clerical error" that has the mens final on the heels of the Women's World Cup final.

Since the Woman have out revenued the men since 2015, it could very well be the hope for fan roll over.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail for no pic!!!!

Jackie Groenen... Attractive, but no "ass shots" to prove the point... LOL!

jackie-groenen.jpg

Reactions: gob