• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeReiss

OT Cedrick Lang, who spent last season on injured reserve with the Vikings, has signed with the Patriots, the team announced. The 6-foot-7, 300-pound Lang, who attended Texas-El Paso, initially entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Giants in 2016. Former hoop player.

6'7" 300 lb former basketball player turned OL.

OL, so he can block.
Former BB player, so one can assume he can move.
Can he catch?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeReiss

OT Cedrick Lang, who spent last season on injured reserve with the Vikings, has signed with the Patriots, the team announced. The 6-foot-7, 300-pound Lang, who attended Texas-El Paso, initially entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Giants in 2016. Former hoop player.
Feels like camp fodder to me?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: the Patriots and DE Michael Bennett have agreed to a reworked two-year deal with a base value of $16.75M, including a $4M signing bonus. Bennett gets guaranteed money and more upside, while the move creates $700K in cap space for the team in 2019.

And Bennett is such and asshole and difficult guy to approach.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bennett is such and asshole and difficult guy to approach.

He accepted a pay raise. Not sure that says anything glowing about his personality. And since it also frees up 700k in cap space for NE it doesn't necessarily say that Bill thinks the world of him either. Time will tell.

That shit that went down in Vegas was not a good look for him in my opinion. Vegas cops have a tough gig. They don't need some rich whiny shit stirrer acting like a fucking bitch where a shooting just occurred. Cops also have families to go home to and I personally thought Bennett was a total dick and he'll need to absolutely kick ass in NE for me to root for him.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not terribly surprised Gost is looking for more $. Mildly surprised no other team has gotten involved.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not terribly surprised Gost is looking for more $. Mildly surprised no other team has gotten involved.

He was the highest paid kicker in the NFL in 2018 at $3.2M. He's not 100% over 50. Puts a great deal of pressure on the offense to get ball inside the 33 to be somewhat sure he can make the kick. 33 + 7 (snap) + 10 (End zone). There are a few college kids that are pretty steady at 55 yards but NFL is a lot more pressure.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By: Liam McKeone | 34 minutes ago

The offseasons in New England are bleak more often than not, especially from the fan perspective; the Patriots rarely make forays into free agency, which leads the regional armchair GMs to say the team has fallen off, there’s no chance they make the playoffs this year much less the Super Bowl, etc. Obviously, they end up just fine every time.

This offseason, though, feels a little different. The Patriots have lost contributors before, but the only comparable loss to Rob Gronkowski’s retirement is when Randy Moss was traded in 2010. Without Gronk, it’s the motley pairing of Tom Brady and Julian Edelman, plus a bunch of former bench-warmers (and also Philip Dorsett, who I still strongly stand behind even after two years of not doing a whole lot). The point is, the cupboards are especially barren in Brady’s wide receiver kitchen this offseason. Yes, there’s the draft, but Bill Belichick’s record for drafting wide receivers isn’t exactly stellar; the best one he ever drafted was Edelman, who came in as a quarterback, so that should say it all.

Which should make the recent release of Raiders wideout Seth Roberts quite intriguing for the Patriots. Roberts won’t solve the bigger personnel issue at hand, but he would automatically become the second-most successful receiver in Foxboro behind Edelman. Most of his snaps are taken out of the slot, which would provide relief for Edelman and another safety outlet for Brady. The hope would be that Roberts, a six-year vet, would be able to come in and learn the playbook quicker than the average rookie straight out of college. He’d be able to contribute quickly, even if he wouldn’t contribute a lot.

I’m certainly not about to doubt Bill freakin’ Belichick, but this seems like a no-brainer. A veteran receiver who has experience in the slot should be an easy signing, even if he’s not a worldbreaker. If he ends up elsewhere, it either means Belichick is firmly dedicated to throwing the ball ten times a game, or he has something even crazier up his sleeve for later this offseason.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny he brings up losing Moss in 2010 without mentioning the team went 11-2 after the trade and didn't skip a beat offensively

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The late Leon Gray, an offensive tackle for the Patriots from 1973-78, was voted into the team’s Hall of Fame on Tuesday by the seniors committee. Gray teamed with Hall of Famer John Hannah to form one of the greatest 1-2 combinations in franchise history.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The late Leon Gray, an offensive tackle for the Patriots from 1973-78, was voted into the team’s Hall of Fame on Tuesday by the seniors committee. Gray teamed with Hall of Famer John Hannah to form one of the greatest 1-2 combinations in franchise history.

Lean was good playing as a teamate to Hannah but it was the GOAT Hannah's play that made Leon very good.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that every day I'm reading or hearing the same thing. "The Patriots are less than than the SuperBowl LIII team." Even Patriots Football Weekly writer Andy Hqarthas jimped on board the doubters train. Nearly every one of these guys points to Gronk and Tre Flowers as the losses that will finally sen the Patriots in the nether world of Wannabes.

It's Sunday morning, April 7th and there 19 days until the NFL Draft and another 104 days before training camps start to open. Yet not one of these naysayers have said who will step up and take the Patriots place at the top of the AFC East, the AFC or the NFL. They just don't think that the Patriots can repeat. Of course the past 20 years doesn't mean anything or that this team won 6 Super Bowls in that time and not one of those teams had the same players as the team prior. But there are two constants.................Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

How many other teams have been to 10 Super Bowls, won 6 and still have the same head coach and quarterback that they did in 2001?

I'm heading up to Maine to visit my birthplace and see how the old village looks. Have a great day all. See y'all tonight.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that every day I'm reading or hearing the same thing. "The Patriots are less than than the SuperBowl LIII team." Even Patriots Football Weekly writer Andy Hqarthas jimped on board the doubters train. Nearly every one of these guys points to Gronk and Tre Flowers as the losses that will finally sen the Patriots in the nether world of Wannabes.

It's Sunday morning, April 7th and there 19 days until the NFL Draft and another 104 days before training camps start to open. Yet not one of these naysayers have said who will step up and take the Patriots place at the top of the AFC East, the AFC or the NFL. They just don't think that the Patriots can repeat. Of course the past 20 years doesn't mean anything or that this team won 6 Super Bowls in that time and not one of those teams had the same players as the team prior. But there are two constants.................Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

How many other teams have been to 10 Super Bowls, won 6 and still have the same head coach and quarterback that they did in 2001?

I'm heading up to Maine to visit my birthplace and see how the old village looks. Have a great day all. See y'all tonight.
Safe travels Ken

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back.....it was a great day. My wife and I went all over the places I frequented as kid. I was a stand in lifeguard in 1967 and 1968 at a place called Willard Beach. We went to see if the concrete beach house was still standing and it's actually been improved and I almost cried because there a huge memorial stone with a blazed photo of the real lifeguard who watched over the beach for 35 years. He was a mentor, friend and confident to me and a thousand other kids. He helped me find the person who I would become in my adult life. He was in his 50s when I was a teenager and we became so close, that I held my mother and father's 25th wedding anniversary party at his house in 1968. He died about 40 years ago and nearly 1000 people went to his wake and funeral. He was a night train inspector for the Boston and Maine RR and the lifeguard during the day from May to September. I'd nearly forgotten about him and seeing that memorial really made the trip worth it.

So did finding a brand new whoopie pie bakery about a half mile from the beach.

The only disappointment was that Huot's Restaurant in Camp Ellis was closed until April 26th. My parents had a camp in Camp Ellis and we used to spend every weekend ther during the summer from the time I was born until I went into the service. We sold it after my father died in 1972 and it was torn down and replaced with a driveway. They put in a granite breakwater that's about a mile long to keep the ocean tide from affecting the Saco River. They did it in 1955 and it has totally destroyed the beach that ran for two miles from Camp Elliss to Old Orchard. The old road has been closed off because the beach has actually been pushed back over 50 feet and my neighbors across the street now have sand up to the front door and under the windows.

It was a great 250 mile round trip..............thanks for the safe wishes...........now back to football.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back.....it was a great day. My wife and I went all over the places I frequented as kid. I was a stand in lifeguard in 1967 and 1968 at a place called Willard Beach. We went to see if the concrete beach house was still standing and it's actually been improved and I almost cried because there a huge memorial stone with a blazed photo of the real lifeguard who watched over the beach for 35 years. He was a mentor, friend and confident to me and a thousand other kids. He helped me find the person who I would become in my adult life. He was in his 50s when I was a teenager and we became so close, that I held my mother and father's 25th wedding anniversary party at his house in 1968. He died about 40 years ago and nearly 1000 people went to his wake and funeral. He was a night train inspector for the Boston and Maine RR and the lifeguard during the day from May to September. I'd nearly forgotten about him and seeing that memorial really made the trip worth it.

So did finding a brand new whoopie pie bakery about a half mile from the beach.

The only disappointment was that Huot's Restaurant in Camp Ellis was closed until April 26th. My parents had a camp in Camp Ellis and we used to spend every weekend ther during the summer from the time I was born until I went into the service. We sold it after my father died in 1972 and it was torn down and replaced with a driveway. They put in a granite breakwater that's about a mile long to keep the ocean tide from affecting the Saco River. They did it in 1955 and it has totally destroyed the beach that ran for two miles from Camp Elliss to Old Orchard. The old road has been closed off because the beach has actually been pushed back over 50 feet and my neighbors across the street now have sand up to the front door and under the windows.

It was a great 250 mile round trip..............thanks for the safe wishes...........now back to football.
I grew up in Saco and my Dad spends his late spring to mid-fall living there. I visit Huot's at least a few times every summer and it really annoys me they are closed every Monday, even holidays... but the food is too good to boycott them. The breakwater has mostly ruined Camp Ellis beach, but I don't think the beaches beyond that are affected as much. I moved there as a 10 yr old in 75 so I really don't know what it was like before. I can't picture the turn form Camp Ellis beach to the Saco River at all.