• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Saco and my Dad spends his late spring to mid-fall living there. I visit Huot's at least a few times every summer and it really annoys me they are closed every Monday, even holidays... but the food is too good to boycott them. The breakwater has mostly ruined Camp Ellis beach, but I don't think the beaches beyond that are affected as much. I moved there as a 10 yr old in 75 so I really don't know what it was like before. I can't picture the turn form Camp Ellis beach to the Saco River at all.

There is only one road to Huot's now. As you enter the village you cannot drive straight toward the beach anymore. The turn and small section of the road are under at least 5 feet of beach sand and they've closed the road and are piling huge granite blocks along the roads in an attempt to stop the ocean from pushing the sand any further. Stupid engineers thinking that rocks will stop mother nature. If they want to get the beach back to where it was in 1955, all they have to do is start removing quartermile sections of the breakwater until the under current pulls away and stops pushing the beach back.

If they don't remove the breakwater, the ocean will remove everything an equal distance from the base. In other words, in a hundred years, Camp Ellis will be under 50-60 feet of water.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 6'3" or 6'4" and somewhere between 232 and 250. One drawback.......he was a 24 year oldjunior at Univ. Tenn. From what I can figure out, he was born in Florida and went to Germany after graduating from high school to play rugby. Then he came back to the U.S. to play football for Tennessee. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm reading one of the articles.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one road to Huot's now. As you enter the village you cannot drive straight toward the beach anymore. The turn and small section of the road are under at least 5 feet of beach sand and they've closed the road and are piling huge granite blocks along the roads in an attempt to stop the ocean from pushing the sand any further. Stupid engineers thinking that rocks will stop mother nature. If they want to get the beach back to where it was in 1955, all they have to do is start removing quartermile sections of the breakwater until the under current pulls away and stops pushing the beach back.

If they don't remove the breakwater, the ocean will remove everything an equal distance from the base. In other words, in a hundred years, Camp Ellis will be under 50-60 feet of water.
I agree on the affects of the breakwater, but it must do some good? It's there for a reason... I know that road was washed out with the blizzard of 78 and the "one way in" has been that way since. Four or five cottages went out to sea with the road. Wow, that was 41 years ago!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the affects of the breakwater, but it must do some good? It's there for a reason..

It was installed because the ocean current was backing up into the Saco River and starting to erode the land on the opposite side of the river from Camp Ellis. That's prime property over there where Roger Goodell has a $10M piece of property. Typical engineering of the 1950s. Do something to prevent a natural evolution of nature and cause an unnatural reaction somewhere else. It cost something like $2M to place all of the granite blocks that make up the breakwater. It will cost about $1B to remove between a quarter mile and half mile. What's happening is the ocean is pushing back against Camp Ellis and over the next 20 years will actually do exact6ly what they were trying to prevent on the other side and the ocean will claim about a half mile of the mouth of the Saco River,

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it's a vet min deal. He just can't stay healthy. Watched him at UW. Athletic receiver decent blocker. Didn't follow him enough to see how he did as a blocker in the NFL?
Reminds me more of a AH or Jimmy Graham type. Possible H back roll if he makes the team. NE still needs to target a TE early in this draft IMO. Even with all the TEs they've been stock pilling

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he never panned out anywhere else so there are now 5 or 6 TEs on the roster?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demaryius Thomas was in Foxboro yesterday.

Demaryius Thomas visits with New England Patriots

If he's healthy and would play for the vet min. he'd be a solid pickup.

According to what I've read, Pats are now $22M under the cap. Redoing Brady's contract through 2023 could give them as much as $10M more.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to what I've read, Pats are now $22M under the cap. Redoing Brady's contract through 2023 could give them as much as $10M more.
Thomas would be the exact type pick up that BB and Pats are known for. A solid Vet still has some game, can be used situationally and will help the team both in the locker room, the film room and on the field.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he never panned out anywhere else

The NFL is splattered with players that didn't make it anywhere else but then did in NE, or made a name in NE then faded to obscurity once they left.
So, no worries there. Bill will cut bait early.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it's a vet min deal. He just can't stay healthy. Watched him at UW. Athletic receiver decent blocker. Didn't follow him enough to see how he did as a blocker in the NFL?
Reminds me more of a AH or Jimmy Graham type. Possible H back roll if he makes the team. NE still needs to target a TE early in this draft IMO. Even with all the TEs they've been stock pilling
Could be a defensive move to de-incentivize trading up before us to grab a targetted TE.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did that happen? Last I read the Pats were at $8M. My head has been under a rock for the last week.

2023? Why would you want that? How about just one more and reevaluate. :thumb:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that happen? Last I read the Pats were at $8M. My head has been under a rock for the last week.

2023? Why would you want that? How about just one more and reevaluate. :thumb:

They've redone several contracts and since only the top 51 are counted, they said that the Pats were now at $22M under. I don't know how to do the cap so all I can do is believe what someone has put out there for us to read.

Brady will not redo his present contract for a one year extension and it wouldn't benefit the Patriots to extend him a year and just have another big hit next year. Give him a three year extension and huge bonus and spread it over 4 years and guarantee the contract. hat will take him until he's 46. He can retire a year or two early if he gets another ring.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 6'3" or 6'4" and somewhere between 232 and 250. One drawback.......he was a 24 year old junior at Univ. Tenn. From what I can figure out, he was born in Florida and went to Germany after graduating from high school to play rugby. Then he came back to the U.S. to play football for Tennessee. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm reading one of the articles.

By the way - my Grandson is graduating from HS this summer. He has a scholarship for Rugby. He could have played baseball or football. When I lived in North Carolina I pitched to him while we were waiting for his mother. I changed his stance and in that hour he started killing the ball. Very fun to watch. I doubt I'll get to see any college rugby in Wales this year but maybe next.....