• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've covered that before, too...the league never said they were going to do anything with the PSI data, and subsequently emphatically stated they weren't collecting or analyzing the data. All they ever checked for was that the officials were following the procedure.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look back, I don't have time right now, you will find that the league decided to start checking psi during the games. At half time I believe.
While they did record their findings, they have never released them. Nor will they.
Why do you suppose that is?

I always thought that if recording the PSI at the start of a game and at half time proved the Pats guilt, they would release those findings and it would put deflategate to bed. It would clear the NFL and fans on both sides.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the league suspected possible tampering for Brown to the Raiders. Hmmm

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tampering is always happening. Even if they did they could just say that they signed him to the biggest deal for an OT in NFL history. Doesn't take long for an average LT to agree to that kind of deal.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampering is always happening. Even if they did they could just say that they signed him to the biggest deal for an OT in NFL history. Doesn't take long for an average LT to agree to that kind of deal.
Oh I agree, I think it more media drivel than anything else. I am sure Brown knew what the Pats were willing to pay to retain him and when that deal was on the table BAMMMMMM he grabbed it. And why not he got a ring now may as well go for the cash.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, I think it more media drivel than anything else. I am sure Brown knew what the Pats were willing to pay to retain him and when that deal was on the table BAMMMMMM he grabbed it. And why not he got a ring now may as well go for the cash.

Definitely his chance to cash in. His value was never going to be higher than this FA period. Patriots played this whole situation out perfect. Got decent production from him and now will get a 3rd round comp pick after only one year of having him on the team. Throw in they already have his replacement on the team in Wynn who I honestly think could outperform him this year. Patriots just keep winning.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 3-day legal tampering period started today? Midnight?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely his chance to cash in. His value was never going to be higher than this FA period. Patriots played this whole situation out perfect. Got decent production from him and now will get a 3rd round comp pick after only one year of having him on the team. Throw in they already have his replacement on the team in Wynn who I honestly think could outperform him this year. Patriots just keep winning.

Wait a second...
If the Raiders get busted for tampering...don't we get one of their first round picks???

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the establishment of the legal tampering period did was push back the start of the illegal tampering period a few days lol.

If the league really cared about stopping this then they need to shorten the window from the end of the SB to the start of the new league year. Or at least ban agents from meeting with teams at the Combine.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the establishment of the legal tampering period did was push back the start of the illegal tampering period a few days lol.

If the league really cared about stopping this then they need to shorten the window from the end of the SB to the start of the new league year. Or at least ban agents from meeting with teams at the Combine.

To me the league either needs to completely crack down on this issue or lighten up on things. Right now it is well known that teams, players, and agents talk throughout the year. It is kind of like when baseball didn't seem to care about steroids until all of a sudden they did. Felt almost bad for the players that got busted because they were helping make baseball popular again and it wasn't until baseball got some pushback that they decided to punish those players.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3-day legal tampering period started today? Midnight?
The article read the deal was cut in 9 minutes from the time the tampering period opened. 9 Min that is damn quick. But as I said Brown knew he was not getting that deal here and he got a ring so go swim in the cesspool that is Oakland.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you forget that tampering is only cheating if the Pats do it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Brown has agreed to a deal with the Oakland Raiders. Looks like the Raisers are serious about winning this year. AB, TB is Levon next??

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flowers will reportedly be reuniting with Matty P in Detroit. 16-17M per reportedly.

Two more 3rd round comp picks for next year.

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the PSI was recorded I said the PSI was checked before the game. The fact that you state they are not ever sure which two gauges they used confirmed the PSI was checked. Now maybe I am wrong here but I would think if the officials used gauges and checked the PSI pre game and the balls were below the authorized PSI they would have had them adjusted. Seem logical to me, but maybe they did not maybe they just let the underinflated balls onto the field. It could happen
Of course they were checked- supposedly they were set to the PSI Brady wanted- the minimum allowed. Natural effects diminished the PSI somewhat during play- the ideal gas law.

The balls were not 1-2 PSI below, they were a few tenths (except for the one the Colts tampered with), that was BS leaked by the league with was later refuted. Check the link I posted.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys...c'mon. It's over, let it go. It's no longer Patriots news. If you want to butt heads, start another thread, I'm sure a half million haters will jump in.