• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never tweeted, twitted or twatted or whatever it's called. 30 words or less doesn't allow for much information or dialogue.

I just made about a 20 mile round trip and the radio head were talking about the celtics loss to the Clippers which tells me that the Patriots have dome nothing so far. That means I haven't missed anything in my errand rounds or travel today.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never tweeted, twitted or twatted or whatever it's called. 30 words or less doesn't allow for much information or dialogue.

I just made about a 20 mile round trip and the radio head were talking about the celtics loss to the Clippers which tells me that the Patriots have dome nothing so far. That means I haven't missed anything in my errand rounds or travel today.
Im smoking cheese for the first time. That's how boring it's been on the Pats front so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10845296-6796185-image-a-37_1552323790453.jpg

Supposedly this is what Belichick was doing over the weekend. So yeah don't think he is all that concerned about the early part of FA.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10845296-6796185-image-a-37_1552323790453.jpg

Supposedly this is what Belichick was doing over the weekend. So yeah don't think he is all that concerned about the early part of FA.

Not only the worlds greatest coach.... but probably could have been a world class Olympic swimmer if he pursued it. He never stops amazing me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Herald is reporting that the Patriots are very close to resigning WR Philip Dorsett...no other details because the deal has not been completed.

This is interesting to me. One report stated they may sign Tate this week, may or may not happen. They pretty much put the lock down on Gordon and now they are supposed to sign Dorsett this week too.

I am torn on this. Dorsett made some nifty catches at times so while it appears there is talent there we can't look past the fact he was not widely used for a reason. As far as I know there were no reported injuries that would have held him back so I have to think he was not a fit for whatever reason. Now all of a sudden he is a potential fit? If it's something along the lines of the offense was to complex and it took him longer than expected to catch on (Pun Intended) then it makes some sense. If its a timing issue with TB12 then it makes some sense as that can be corrected. I have to think it's one of those two things.

Now if the Pats resign Dorsett and manage to land Tate I still feel they need a taller edge receiver as I really do not feel Gordon plays this year. I think when they drafted Barios last year his role was to replace Jules we might expect to see a lot of him pre-season. Either way it appears the WR corps could be a lot different next year.

If Gordon is reinstated, if we sign Tate, if Dorsett earns his pay with Jules back and Hogan being what he is, often left one on one and with the Pats current run game the Pats could target that much needed TE early, and work the D up some. This could get real interesting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting to me. One report stated they may sign Tate this week, may or may not happen. They pretty much put the lock down on Gordon and now they are supposed to sign Dorsett this week too.

I am torn on this. Dorsett made some nifty catches at times so while it appears there is talent there we can't look past the fact he was not widely used for a reason. As far as I know there were no reported injuries that would have held him back so I have to think he was not a fit for whatever reason. Now all of a sudden he is a potential fit? If it's something along the lines of the offense was to complex and it took him longer than expected to catch on (Pun Intended) then it makes some sense. If its a timing issue with TB12 then it makes some sense as that can be corrected. I have to think it's one of those two things.

Now if the Pats resign Dorsett and manage to land Tate I still feel they need a taller edge receiver as I really do not feel Gordon plays this year. I think when they drafted Barios last year his role was to replace Jules we might expect to see a lot of him pre-season. Either way it appears the WR corps could be a lot different next year.

If Gordon is reinstated, if we sign Tate, if Dorsett earns his pay with Jules back and Hogan being what he is, often left one on one and with the Pats current run game the Pats could target that much needed TE early, and work the D up some. This could get real interesting.

Not a lot I disagree with there. I don't like uncertainty.....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet
32m32 minutes ago

The #Patriots are expected to bring back defensive end John Simon, sources say, as the two sides are working on a deal that should be finalized today.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet

After a one-season hiatus, Brandon Bolden is returning to the #Patriots on a 2-year deal, source said. The core special teamer and RB spent last season with the #Dolphins.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet

After a one-season hiatus, Brandon Bolden is returning to the #Patriots on a 2-year deal, source said. The core special teamer and RB spent last season with the #Dolphins.
WTF we finally got rid of him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with all of this.

Dorsett has the speed of Cooks, while showing an ability to make contested catches.
Cooks was thrown the ball, Dorsett was not. Is it the playbook, injury, communication, chemistry?

Berrios is probably Edelman 2.0 taking over in maybe 2020 or more likely 2021.

IMO, Gordon was tagged as a gesture of good faith so he will come back to the Pats in 2020. Bill is always 2 steps ahead. Minimum.

If the TE's stashed on PS last year are not worth long term investments, bring Marty B back and draft one early for grooming.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet

He's like the fricken clap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 2019 Free Agent Tracker
Track all of the New England Patriots 2019 free agent signings and departures right here.

ACQUIRED VIA TRADE
DE Michael Bennett (reported trade with Philadelphia)

ARRIVALS
RB Brandon Bolden (reportedly agreed to terms)

RE-SIGNED
DE John Simon (reportedly expected to re-sign)

DEPARTURES
CB Eric Rowe (reportedly agreed to terms with Miami)

WR Cordarrelle Patterson (reportedly agreed to terms with Chicago)

DE Trey Flowers (reportedly agreed to terms with Detroit)

T Trent Brown (reportedly agreed to terms with Oakland)

2nd ROUND TENDERS APPLIED

WR Josh Gordon*

CB Jonathan Jones*

UNSIGNED
RB Jeremy Hill

WR Phillip Dorsett

WR Chris Hogan

T LaAdrian Waddle

DT Malcom Brown

DT Danny Shelton

LB Albert McClellan

CB Jason McCourty

K Stephen Gostkowski

P Ryan Allen

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Track all of the New England Patriots 2019 free agent signings and departures right here.

ACQUIRED VIA TRADE

ARRIVALS

RE-SIGNED

DEPARTURES

WR Josh Gordon*

CB Jonathan Jones*

UNSIGNED
RB Jeremy Hill

WR Phillip Dorsett

WR Chris Hogan

T LaAdrian Waddle

DT Malcom Brown

DT Danny Shelton

LB Albert McClellan

CB Jason McCourty

K Stephen Gostkowski

P Ryan Allen

I don't know why but I love the Tenders applied.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ACQUIRED VIA TRADE

ARRIVALS

RE-SIGNED

DEPARTURES

WR Josh Gordon*

CB Jonathan Jones*

UNSIGNED
RB Jeremy Hill

WR Phillip Dorsett

WR Chris Hogan

T LaAdrian Waddle

DT Malcom Brown

DT Danny Shelton

LB Albert McClellan

CB Jason McCourty

K Stephen Gostkowski

P Ryan Allen

Eric Fricken who???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Fricken IR Rowe.....8^)

Well he only signed a deal worth $2.6 million so pretty cheap with some upside. Most of his contract is based on incentives.