• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the transitive property game never works but better for college than pro sports. The Browns have somewhat cleaned up a lot of issues from Week 1 so really hard to compare now. They have to continue to get better though or they will lose to the Niners. Have to play smart and limit penalties and turnovers. Good to see them get some weapons back and hopefully the Ward and/or Greedy will be back. Hard to evaluate both these teams (49ers and Browns) though at this point.
From what I'm hearing Ward and Greedy both out. Have to say so far the vets in their place have played well so need to keep it up. Think they'll finally have both Randall and Burnett back (though Burnett I'm not sure).

Have to say I think transitive better for pro than college (though not good for either IMO). Just way too many teams in college to know who is better than whom when they haven't played.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will help having our WRs back but we also are missing both starting CBs. I think we'll finally have both safeties back though.

Seems you could be right about that leading to a shootout but I'm giving up trying to figure out the NFL this season.

That's why I can see this going as a shootout. Witherspoon was playing amazing until he got hurt. Now the Niners are scouring the waiver wire and just brought back Dontae Johnson. We'll see how this goes. The pass rush is really going to be a necessity for both teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners secondary is banged up right now and you guys are at full strength with your WR core. I think this game will be a shoot out type score.
well especially since the Browns 2 starting corners are not going to play---- Ward and Greedy are both out again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I can see this going as a shootout. Witherspoon was playing amazing until he got hurt. Now the Niners are scouring the waiver wire and just brought back Dontae Johnson. We'll see how this goes. The pass rush is really going to be a necessity for both teams.
Myles Garret is a monster. Isn't the 49'ers starting left tackle, Staley, out?

thats not a good combo.

the Browns line is pretty poor too (though left guard and center are strong points).

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Garret is a monster. Isn't the 49'ers starting left tackle, Staley, out?

thats not a good combo.

the Browns line is pretty poor too (though left guard and center are strong points).

Yeah Staley is out and they have a rookie Skule as their LT. Going to need someone to chip on Garret all game. I'd expect to see a lot more quick hit plays, especially early in the game. Shanahan will have a plan for this. Whether or not it works out, who knows.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this a basketball board???

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how fast is the giants season goin down the drain. now they get to lose thursday against the pats

Whoa....pump those breaks.....SG.

The Jets and Dolphins are in competition for worst team in the League.....at least the Giants have Jones playing pretty well for a rookie.....we'll see if he can continue it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade I think might make some sense is Harkless going to the Knicks for Taj Gibson. Knicks won't be playing for anything. Harkless is on an expiring, while Gibsons on the books for two. Even still the Clips might have to throw some cash or something their way. Knicks get to at least evaluate another younger player. Gibson's just there in a mentor role anyways.

Great comment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play for what?

He's only practiced once.

The Clippers don't care about the regular Season.

So, no way will they give the preseason a 2nd look.

New player in a new system. He's not injured so why not get a few minutes in?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet 2 hours before your post chief made this comment - "way too many mistakes. we may end up pissing this one away..."

Just coincidence it was made while he was most likely watching the Chiefs?

giphy.gif

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,103.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa....pump those breaks.....SG.

The Jets and Dolphins are in competition for worst team in the League.....at least the Giants have Jones playing pretty well for a rookie.....we'll see if he can continue it.
He will get his first taste of the pats this Thursday night we will see how that goes

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what?

He hasn't practiced, why would he play?

Why hasn't he practiced?

I'm only asking if he's injured or if its precautionary.

If he has a full bill of health, wouldn't it make sense to at least practice with your new team?