• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why hasn't he practiced?

I'm only asking if he's injured or if its precautionary.

If he has a full bill of health, wouldn't it make sense to at least practice with your new team?

He practiced on Saturday from what i saw on CBSSPORTS

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He practiced on Saturday from what i saw on CBSSPORTS

Cool. That's all I wanted to know.

No way would I look up Clippers stuff myself - I don't want to taint my browser history. What would my husband say? :D

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why hasn't he practiced?

I'm only asking if he's injured or if its precautionary.

If he has a full bill of health, wouldn't it make sense to at least practice with your new team?
No.

It makes zero sense to have the guy who makes or breaks your franchise to play in 2 meaningless games when he has only practiced once.

This isn't a surprise.

It was announced that he wouldn't play weeks ago.

It's really not that complicated.

Remember when the Lakers shut LeBron down at the end of the Season?

He wasn't 100%. But, he could still go right?

Why did the Lakers shut him down?

Because the games didn't matter, you were dead in the water, and no amount of chemistry gained would be worth the risk of him getting hurt.

That's how the Clippers see Kawhi and the minicamp in Hawaii.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi has been doing some work

Clippers' Kawhi Leonard: Practices in full Saturday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Leonard was a full participant in Saturday's practice, Jovan Buha of The Athletic reports.

The Clippers held Leonard out of Friday's preseason action against the Rockets, but the star forward was back in action during Saturday's practice. It remains to be seen if he'll participate the Clippers' next preseason contest.

October 2, 2019 08:32 PM
Clippers' Kawhi Leonard: Ramping up activity

Leonard went through part of the scrimmage portion of Wednesday's practice, Jovan Buha of The Athletic reports.

Leonard had been limited in recent days, and while he was only allowed to take part in some of Wednesday's contact drills, this still represents a step in the right direction. The Clippers are expected to continue monitoring Leonard's workload throughout the preseason, and it's unclear just how aggressive the team will be when it comes to resting him during the regular season. When asked Wednesday about his plan for the rest of training camp, Leonard said he'll continue to manage his workload on a day-by-day basis. "Just taking it day by day and just working things out, really," Leonard said. "Everything is going great right now. I just don't want to push it over the top or go on an uphill incline right now with this being my first three days."

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. That's all I wanted to know.

No way would I look up Clippers stuff myself - I don't want to taint my browser history. What would my husband say? :D
You posted that he wasn't injured, but not playing.

Might be something you'd want to look up before posting it as a fact?!?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Staley is out and they have a rookie Skule as their LT. Going to need someone to chip on Garret all game. I'd expect to see a lot more quick hit plays, especially early in the game. Shanahan will have a plan for this. Whether or not it works out, who knows.
Could always use Kittle, a tremendous blocker...of course, need him as a receiver so not sure how that will work.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
This your look when you realize most of the comments today have been about football and many not mine?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leonard was a full participant in Saturday's practice, Jovan Buha of The Athletic reports.

The Clippers held Leonard out of Friday's preseason action against the Rockets, but the star forward was back in action during Saturday's practice. It remains to be seen if he'll participate the Clippers' next preseason contest.

Leonard went through part of the scrimmage portion of Wednesday's practice, Jovan Buha of The Athletic reports.

Leonard had been limited in recent days, and while he was only allowed to take part in some of Wednesday's contact drills, this still represents a step in the right direction. The Clippers are expected to continue monitoring Leonard's workload throughout the preseason, and it's unclear just how aggressive the team will be when it comes to resting him during the regular season. When asked Wednesday about his plan for the rest of training camp, Leonard said he'll continue to manage his workload on a day-by-day basis. "Just taking it day by day and just working things out, really," Leonard said. "Everything is going great right now. I just don't want to push it over the top or go on an uphill incline right now with this being my first three days."

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's precaution.

George has been doing a bit too.

But, its gonna be slow going.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

It makes zero sense to have the guy who makes or breaks your franchise to play in 2 meaningless games when he has only practiced once.

This isn't a surprise.

It was announced that he wouldn't play weeks ago.

It's really not that complicated.

Remember when the Lakers shut LeBron down at the end of the Season?

He wasn't 100%. But, he could still go right?

Why did the Lakers shut him down?

Because the games didn't matter, you were dead in the water, and no amount of chemistry gained would be worth the risk of him getting hurt.

That's how the Clippers see Kawhi and the minicamp in Hawaii.

The Lakers shut lebron down because there was nothing left to gain from him playing.

Kawhi is completely new to the team, to the system and to his teammates. Yeah he might be one of the best players in the game but unless you get on the court you don't know whats going to happen.

Lebron and AD played like 17 minutes each a couple of days ago. Not exactly a strain.

From what I've just been told Kawhi actually has practiced. So that kinda answered my question. I expect him to play at least the last couple of preseason games, even if it is only for 10-15 min.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers shut lebron down because there was nothing left to gain from him playing.

Kawhi is completely new to the team, to the system and to his teammates. Yeah he might be one of the best players in the game but unless you get on the court you don't know whats going to happen.

Lebron and AD played like 17 minutes each a couple of days ago. Not exactly a strain.

From what I've just been told Kawhi actually has practiced. So that kinda answered my question. I expect him to play at least the last couple of preseason games, even if it is only for 10-15 min.
Lmfao

What does Kawhi have to gain by playing 12 mins against the Tokyo Sharks?

The Clippers didn't play Kawhi, because there was nothing to be gained from him playing either.

He will probably play in a few of the games.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

What does Kawhi have to gain by playing 12 mins against the Tokyo Sharks?

Chemistry for one. Learning a new system on a new team with new teammates?

Why do teams in general bother with preseason games then?

He will probably play in a few of the games.

That is exactly what I said

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Usually to figure out bench rotations, starting lineups, 2 way players, and guys to sign to their g league team usually

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually to figure out bench rotations, starting lineups, 2 way players, and guys to sign to their g league team usually

Let me phrase it differently: Why would a star player who just joined a new team play in the preseason?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No this is your go-to gif.

Expect to see a lot of them this season.
That's my GIF when you've got nothing to refute my comments and/or you've been caught looking like a fool?

whatever you say, missy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is exactly what I said
Yeah, youre wrong.

Preseason is months long.

There is/was no urgency to put a guy with a injury history on the floor before he's ready.

But, I don't care enough to keep debating it.