• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see the Clippers not addressing this C issue at some point during the season either via trade or buyout period.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see the Clippers not addressing this C issue at some point during the season either via trade or buyout period.

May have to be a buyout situation, as they used up an awful lot of their trade assets to get Playoff Pee.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you always need at least a fall back plan in case of match up issues. Like in 2015 when the Warriors won the title they were down 2-1 to the Grizzlies. Bogut was irrelevant in the finals because of matchup issues but he was necessary against that Grizzlies team. The last 3 games of the series he played 30:00, 23:35 and 23:52 minutes, and was +50 overall in those 3 games.

You need a center for balance. They won't always be necessary, but you always have to plan for different aspects.
Agree.

Plus, you had Draymond and the Cavs had a fucntioning Thompson.

Both undersized, both are good to great defenders.

Plus, Philly just pulled the rug from under the " small ball " lineups.

If that shit works, if they are able to spread the floor, how do you beat them?

Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Horford?

That shits on every other starting rosters size.

All we can hope is that the parts are a ill fit or that they can't hit a outside shot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last question first....I think playing the transitive property game in sports does not work. LAC beat Indy who beat KC...and they just lost to winless Denver.

Browns were mostly healthy week 1 and lost to Titans. Now they have been decimated by injuries and in their last game roll the Ravens?

Also curious to see what happens tonight. On one hand SF much like Bmore was last week in that they had beaten weak-middling teams. Difference, I guess was Bmore had played a tough team and SF has not. Hard to know what to make of SF's D and O with 2 of their games against Cinci and a Big Ben-less Steelers.

But they do have some quality guys on their defense. And they have won - especially at home - when Jimmy G plays.

Browns looked like many expected last week and played like they did last year under Freddie. But we don't know yet if they can handle success.

Yeah the transitive property game never works but better for college than pro sports. The Browns have somewhat cleaned up a lot of issues from Week 1 so really hard to compare now. They have to continue to get better though or they will lose to the Niners. Have to play smart and limit penalties and turnovers. Good to see them get some weapons back and hopefully the Ward and/or Greedy will be back. Hard to evaluate both these teams (49ers and Browns) though at this point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have to be a buyout situation, as they used up an awful lot of their trade assets to get Playoff Pee.
2 of them weren't Clippers picKS.

......and it was for George AND KAWHI.....LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont agree. Cleveland, GSW, Miami all won titles without having real centers that were impact players.

I agree but they still need more depth with their bigs though imo

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and will make the battle for LA very interesting.
You think so?

Maybe after the All-star break.

I don't think either finish top 2 out West.

Both have 2 top 11 players.

Both also have visible holes on the roster.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Plus, you had Draymond and the Cavs had a fucntioning Thompson.

Both undersized, both are good to great defenders.

Plus, Philly just pulled the rug from under the " small ball " lineups.

If that shit works, if they are able to spread the floor, how do you beat them?

Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Horford?

That shits on every other starting rosters size.

All we can hope is that the parts are a ill fit or that they can't hit a outside shot.

Maybe you can pick up whiteside? I heard him and TT are very similar lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but they still need more depth with their bigs though imo
Yeah....

George and Kawhi are good defensive players.

So is Pat Beverley.

How did that work out for for him when he tried to check KD?

Clippers can't expect either of those guys to be able to do anything with Aldridge, Horford or any other highly skilled big.

Neither of them is a legit 4.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can pick up whiteside? I heard him and TT are very similar lol
Would love Whiteside.

Gonna hard pass on TT though.

Keep the KARTRSH-IAN CURSE out of the Clippers locker room.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so?

Maybe after the All-star break.

I don't think either finish top 2 out West.

Both have 2 top 11 players.

Both also have visible holes on the roster.

definitely think things'll get real interesting around the trade deadline for BOTH teams...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the transitive property game never works but better for college than pro sports. The Browns have somewhat cleaned up a lot of issues from Week 1 so really hard to compare now. They have to continue to get better though or they will lose to the Niners. Have to play smart and limit penalties and turnovers. Good to see them get some weapons back and hopefully the Ward and/or Greedy will be back. Hard to evaluate both these teams (49ers and Browns) though at this point.

Niners secondary is banged up right now and you guys are at full strength with your WR core. I think this game will be a shoot out type score.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is what I stated transitive? Both the Bills and Browns played the Titans with vastly different results. Until they play each other, common opponents is the most direct comparison that can be made.
Your money on SF who beat TB or the Rams who lost to them when LA and SF meet?

sure common opponent is one way to compare but not the be all end all. But if the Browns use the scheme they used week 1, committed nearly 20 penalties and lost their LT and his replacement against Buffalo I would pick Buffalo to win.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....

George and Kawhi are good defensive players.

So is Pat Beverley.

How did that work out for for him when he tried to check KD?

Clippers can't expect either of those guys to be able to do anything with Aldridge, Horford or any other highly skilled big.

Neither of them is a legit 4.

A trade I think might make some sense is Harkless going to the Knicks for Taj Gibson. Knicks won't be playing for anything. Harkless is on an expiring, while Gibsons on the books for two. Even still the Clips might have to throw some cash or something their way. Knicks get to at least evaluate another younger player. Gibson's just there in a mentor role anyways.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade I think might make some sense is Harkless going to the Knicks for Taj Gibson. Knicks won't be playing for anything. Harkless is on an expiring, while Gibsons on the books for two. Even still the Clips might have to throw some cash or something their way. Knicks get to at least evaluate another younger player. Gibson's just there in a mentor role anyways.
I have no idea what the Knicks endgame was this Summer.

But, I'd take Portis in a heartbeat.

Like you said though, Taj is the most likely to get dealt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, if only games ended after 3 quarters. Common opponents is a tie breaker, so it's not bullshit (unless it doesn't fit your argument when trying to defend a 30 pt loss).
Ahhh...but what he told you were facts and the Browns seem to have changed a bit since that opening game.

Isn't to say it's an easy win over Buffalo, but their games against Tennessee wont matter if they play each other.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners secondary is banged up right now and you guys are at full strength with your WR core. I think this game will be a shoot out type score.
will help having our WRs back but we also are missing both starting CBs. I think we'll finally have both safeties back though.

Seems you could be right about that leading to a shootout but so hard to figure out the NFL this season.

Last edited: