• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any QB with enough time in the pocket will complete passes. Not exactly a bragging point for Baker. Curious to see how this Browns/Niners game turns out tonight, as the 3-0 Niners are tough to evaluate thus far too.

So, now that the Bills beat the Titans 14-7 in Nashville with their starting LT back from suspension and the Bills and Browns have a common opponent with vastly different results, what do you think?
yah the common opponent thing is kinda bullshit

I mean- the Browns lost to the Rams by a TD than the Rams got scorched by the Bucs- but i wouldnt hesistate for a second to pick the Browns over the Bucs.

In game 1 the Browns were down 13-15 near the end of the 3rd quarter before the Titans game got crazy. The Titans were a playoff team last year. Baker had not had even 1 play with OBJ on the field, Higgins got hurt right off the bat, Callaway was suspended, 2 lineman got hurt in that game and Greg Robinson was ejected- and the Browns committed something like 20 penalties. A first year coach's first game with a 2nd year QB. That was a crazy game with a lot of crazy shit- and despite playing terrible and all the penalties and crap the game was still right there for them at the end of the 3rd qtr.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a reason Kawhi isn't playing in any preseason games or is it just precautionary?
Play for what?

He's only practiced once.

The Clippers don't care about the regular Season.

So, no way will they give the preseason a 2nd look.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load Management
Indeed.....lol

The Clippers just need to finish top 5.

If they do that and remain relatively healthy, win.

I don't envision a scenario where they care much about the regular season, outside of making the playoffs.

George is going to miss 30 games or more.

No point in pushing Kawhi unnecessarily.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general after the first 5-6 minutes, the rest of the game turned into an all star game like atmosphere where players were just launching 3's.

Observations though.

1. Jimmy Butler doesn't mess around. His motor was full throttle like you see from Westbrook.

2. Meyers Leonard is a big man, who can shoot. I was surprised how 'wide' he is. My perception was that he was much thinner. Not the case. Not sure what his perceived weakness is, but he competes. He was also very fan friendly.

3. Dion, in general, looked very good.

4. I have no clue what type of rotation Spoelstra plans to use. I can see a scenario where players like Jones Jr , Olynyk and James Johnson are fighting for minutes.

Bam, Butler, Dragic, Herro, Leonard, Robinson, Waiters, Winslow will prob be top 8?
Myers doesn't play much defense.

He looks like a situational stretch 5.

But, I wouldn't give him any of Kelly or Bam's minutes, unless they are in foul trouble.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but if Whiteside was only going to play 15-18 minutes, then it shouldn't be that big of an issue.
I really hope he goes on the trade block when Nurkic gets healthy.

Not sure what the Clippers have to give up.

But, he would be great for us.

Love Trezl.

Don't know how much it will cost to keep him.

But, he and foul per second, Zubac, are a thin ass center rotation.

Fake Dikembe isn't ready and Jamychal is hella undersized.

We need another big.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he goes on the trade block when Nurkic gets healthy.

Not sure what the Clippers have to give up.

But, he would be great for us.

Love Trezl.

Don't know how much it will cost to keep him.

But, he and foul per second, Zubac, are a thin ass center rotation.

Fake Dikembe isn't ready and Jamychal is hella undersized.

We need another big.

Yeah Clippers are truly killing their title chances if they don't get a real C that is solid

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play for what?

He's only practiced once.

The Clippers don't care about the regular Season.

So, no way will they give the preseason a 2nd look.
I mean the NBA season is so long

October to May for the regular season- thats crazy.....really the first date that you should look at your team with an idea of fwhat it is is probably about Christmas.

There were Cavs seasons where the difference between the team on Christmas and on Game 1 of the playoffs was ridiculus- from coaching to scheme to personnel to continuity etc....

so much changes from October to May its ridiculous.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last question first....I think playing the transitive property game in sports does not work. LAC beat Indy who beat KC...and they just lost to winless Denver.

How is what I stated transitive? Both the Bills and Browns played the Titans with vastly different results. Until they play each other, common opponents is the most direct comparison that can be made.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont agree. Cleveland, GSW, Miami all won titles without having real centers that were impact players.
Eh......

But, you had defenders at the 4 or 5 and unstoppable offensive players.

LeBron, Curry, even Dray could get their own shot or create for their teammates.

Clippers don't have a great playmaker on the roster, nor anyone that can do anything with the 76ers Frontline.

It's a problem.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont agree. Cleveland, GSW, Miami all won titles without having real centers that were impact players.

OK, then the Clippers don't have prime Lebron or a big 4 to alleviate the need for an impact center (although the Warriors had an impact small-ball center, and Cavs fans keep telling us how great Tristan and Love are for Cleveland).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh......

But, you had defenders at the 4 or 5 and unstoppable offensive players.

LeBron, Curry, even Dray could get their own shot or create for their teammates.

Clippers don't have a great playmaker on the roster, nor anyone that can do anything with the 76ers Frontline.

It's a problem.

They'll have to win with defense first and foremost, but as good as their defense can be, they don't have that post defender yet. They'll make things interesting for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah the common opponent thing is kinda bullshit

I mean- the Browns lost to the Rams by a TD than the Rams got scorched by the Bucs- but i wouldnt hesistate for a second to pick the Browns over the Bucs.

In game 1 the Browns were down 13-15 near the end of the 3rd quarter before the Titans game got crazy. The Titans were a playoff team last year. Baker had not had even 1 play with OBJ on the field, Higgins got hurt right off the bat, Callaway was suspended, 2 lineman got hurt in that game and Greg Robinson was ejected- and the Browns committed something like 20 penalties. A first year coach's first game with a 2nd year QB. That was a crazy game with a lot of crazy shit- and despite playing terrible and all the penalties and crap the game was still right there for them at the end of the 3rd qtr.

Ahh, if only games ended after 3 quarters. Common opponents is a tie breaker, so it's not bullshit (unless it doesn't fit your argument when trying to defend a 30 pt loss).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the NBA season is so long

October to May for the regular season- thats crazy.....really the first date that you should look at your team with an idea of fwhat it is is probably about Christmas.

There were Cavs seasons where the difference between the team on Christmas and on Game 1 of the playoffs was ridiculus- from coaching to scheme to personnel to continuity etc....

so much changes from October to May its ridiculous.
Yeah, Clippers just need to be healthy.

Doesn't matter if they finish 1st or 8th.

If Kawhi, George aren't 80% or better when the playoffs start, they are fucked regardless.

As for your Cavs....

Looking forward to seeing KPJ.

If his head is right, your 4 guard rotation of Clarkson, Garland, Potter and Sexton will get BUCKETS.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is a clear weakness.

I'd at least take a look at Joakim Noah right now. He played decent last year in Memphis. He's not a guy that's going to give you 30 minutes a game, but I think he might still be able to provide a quality 18 or so. Realistically, that might be all you need.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but you always need at least a fall back plan in case of match up issues. Like in 2015 when the Warriors won the title they were down 2-1 to the Grizzlies. Bogut was irrelevant in the finals because of matchup issues but he was necessary against that Grizzlies team. The last 3 games of the series he played 30:00, 23:35 and 23:52 minutes, and was +50 overall in those 3 games.

You need a center for balance. They won't always be necessary, but you always have to plan for different aspects.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have to win with defense first and foremost, but as good as their defense can be, they don't have that post defender yet. They'll make things interesting for sure.
Yup.....big, skilled lineups will be a problem.