• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this something you are really concerned about? I copied and pasted a post i saw from twitter on a link from the Athletic that showed the 88 yard run. I am sorry- i didnt have a timer of my own to confirm it. LOL....is this what you really think about?

blaze one up and relax man, how long has it been? 20 minutes since the last one? take the edge off. Isnt there someone you should be stabbing in the back?

You're full of shit, as usual. Well let's see here. I'm at work right now. I haven't smoked any weed since last summer. I use edibles. Maybe someday you'll wake up, get your head outta your ass & stop repeatedly asking me when was the last time I toked up. And who exactly have I stabbed in the back?

I can't wait for the season to start. You'll be crying, bitching & complaining about LeBron. Just like last year. It's pathetic how you went from his biggest fan to his biggest critic the moment he broke your heart & left the Cavs for a 2nd time.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that in comment # 17826 (page 892) you said Chubb was clocked at 22.8 during his 88 yard TD run.

But 3 different site dawgnation.com, brownswire.usatoday.com & 247sports.com all said he was clocked at 21.95.

Why outright lie about something like that?

here's a clue...:crazy:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as I said previously, I think there are occasions where it could work for short stints. If another team is going big, they could go bigger. Or if they're getting killed on the boards, they could do it for a short time.

I agree that perimeter defense would be an issue. Javale is athletic enough to get to the perimeter and effect someone shooting a 3, but he's not getting back to the paint when a guy pulls the ball down and drives on him.

Kuzma is athletic enough to be a much better defender than he has been so far. Hopefully Vogel can work with him on that. Although him being out right now doesn't help.

It would be hard to score in the paint against that team and damn near impossible to stop them from scoring in the paint.

It would have been awesome from the 80's to about 2010. lol
Agree tough to see it working but also agree with you under the right circumstance maybe for a short stretch.

Don't think you were implying it could morph into a GS-like death lineup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of shit, as usual. Well let's see here. I'm at work right now. I haven't smoked any weed since last summer. I use edibles. Maybe someday you'll wake up, get your head outta your ass & stop repeatedly asking me when was the last time I toked up. And who exactly have I stabbed in the back?

I can't wait for the season to start. You'll be crying, bitching & complaining about LeBron. Just like last year. It's pathetic how you went from his biggest fan to his biggest critic the moment he broke your heart & left the Cavs for a 2nd time.
Benedict Arnold - Wikipedia

So you can learn from LeBron- the greatest of his era......

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why reply to an innocent, most likely sarcastic, remark (not directed at you) and try to stir something up.

Oh....because that's who you are.

Oh look at that, running to wiggy's defense again. You Cleveland jackasses are both clowns. wiggy has no credibility in the NBA threads. And you're not far behind him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. Watching him at USC, the talent was obvious. Unfortunately, he also couldn't stay out of the coaches doghouse, so he never developed into what he could have been.

If his head has caught up to his talent, he could absolutely be the steal of the draft.
Cannot say I followed him at USC. Heard him talk for a while yesterday and seemed like a level headed kid.

Did he seem like the type who could grow up and do it quickly?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggityWack's still going with that "traitor" bullshit, i see...

lol, boy's a broken record...:heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my main concern would just be getting up and down the court and stopping the other team from fastbreaking all the time. I mean, LeBron or Davis might be able to be the first one back on D, but those guys cant defend a guy like a Lillard in space alone, and having LeBron use his energy running back on D to set the defense seems like an incredible waste.

Id maybe see if something like Howard at center, Davis at PF, and LeBron at the 2 and Kuzma at the 3 would work, but even that would be rough

I mean the main problem i see with the Lakers is that in todays NBA there most deadly lineup would be a small one where LeBron is at PF and Davis at C but both of those guys hate playing those positions. Davis at center and lebron at PF would be absolutely devastating with shooters around them, but those guys whine about having to wrestle with bigger players.

Agree. I wouldn't go "Land of the Giants" even anywhere near as often as the Warriors used their "Death Lineup".

I like the Lebron at PF and AD a Center idea when they go small. Maybe Vogel can Jedi mind trick Lebron and AD into thinking they're playing "poisitionless basketball" when he really has them playing PF and C. lol

It'll be interesting. They can put a lot of different lineups out there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look at that, running to wiggy's defense again. You Cleveland jackasses are both clowns. wiggy has no credibility in the NBA threads. And you're not far behind him.
Oh and look at my other comment where I questioned wiggy saying no way a lineup suggestion could work made by Trojan. where I've disagreed on his comments about Jimmy Butler before and after joining the Heat

way to deflect, though, which seems to be your M.O. as well.

He made an innocent comment. It wasn't directed at you. And you jumped in to start something that had nothing to do with his short comment.

False?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would not have the Browns above the Bills based on talent? What units are you thinking are stronger for Buffalo?

But, OK, where would you have them that makes 3-5th "way too high "based on talent"?

They might be decent, but they played one team with a pulse and lost.

Browns have played two teams with a pulse and are 1-1 and were blown out by an average at best Titans team. That one team "with a pulse" the Bills played was the Pats, which the Bills were a play away from beating despite having their worst ball security game of the season.

I'm not basing solely on talent, as that is pointless. If looking good on paper is your thing, good for you. I'm basing on talent AND results. Bills defense is stout, 2nd in yards allowed and 5th in points allowed (Browns are 13th and 15th, merely league average).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have played two teams with a pulse and are 1-1 and were blown out by an average at best Titans team. That one team "with a pulse" the Bills played was the Pats, which the Bills were a play away from beating despite having their worst ball security game of the season.

I'm not basing solely on talent, as that is pointless. If looking good on paper is your thing, good for you. I'm basing on talent AND results. Bills defense is stout, 2nd in yards allowed and 5th in points allowed (Browns are 13th and 15th, merely league average).
So you acknowledge Browns played 2 teams with a pulse to 1 for the Bills. Never mind 3 of the teams the Browns played made the playoffs last season, right (which makes it 3-1)? Tennessee not great but better than avg at best and are well coached and, yes, have a pulse. You get that Ram team they lost to also was in the SB and the Browns were also a play away from maybe beating them?

Feel free to try and answer the direct questions you ignored last time....

What units are you thinking are stronger for Buffalo?

But, OK, where would you have them in the AFC that makes 3-5th "way too high"?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped reading after that classic line from you. Since recently you tried to start an argument regarding comments I made about Bennett.....when I agreed with your comments.

You are priceless.

Unless you claim Bennett is actually a good player, this is hardly an argument.

But nice try on trying to make it one.