• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Lakers roster, they could put out a huge lineup.

Land of the Giants Lineup:

PG - Lebron 6'8"
SG - Kuzma 6'9"
SF - AD 6'10"
PF - Javale 7'0"
C - Dwight 6'11"

Wonder if they'll ever use it?

surprising i actually thought about that the other day. only downside i could imagine is perimeter defense, but i could still see it as effective...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprising i actually thought about that the other day. only downside i could imagine is perimeter defense, but i could still see it as effective...

Yeah, it's not something I'd expect that they'd use a lot because, as you mention, that lineup likely struggles to defend the perimeter. Although, Lebron, Kuz and AD are all athletic enough to keep them from getting killed on the perimeter. Still wouldn't be something they'd want to do a lot.

If they are playing a team that likes to go big or they're getting killed on the boards, it could be useful.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie thinks the Lost City of Atlantis is located within the Bermuda Triangle.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5-6 teams were prepared to offer him a max last time he was a FA, and Portland, projected to be a vey good team, felt he is the right player for them to start this season.

Is his game perfect? Nope. Whose is?

I think this change of scenery is perfect for him and expect him to be a huge asset for them.

Often time, the Heat's offensive 'scheme' didn't make sense to most when Whiteside was a on the court.

You've been nothing but wrong with most of your Whiteside predictions so far.
Instead of throwing up more hope, why not just wait until you see actual results before you start rambling your nonsense?

I mean, obviously you can't see him clearly or you wouldn't describe him as a lard ass :crazy:

he is an assclown and just as i predicted- his stay in Miami ended in irrelevance and failure. His game is awful for today's NBA-

he cant pass, he cant shoot and he cant defend the pick and roll. He is selfish, cries about his shots and playing time.

He is awful for today's NBA.

its been my refrain from the beginning--- Whiteside- CANT SHOOT, CANT PASS and CANT GUARD THE PICK AND ROLL. On top of that he lashes out like a thug, cries about his playing time, and puts himself above his team.

just a terrible fit for today's nba. A selfish human being with an archaic game that just doesnt fit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in Houstons camp along with 19 other guys and probably won't make the final roster.

He is awful. Even the Suns G-League team didn't want him.
OK...so? Are you thinking there are Cavs' fans who don't know he among the worst picks of all time?

I get you only want to argue but try and make it less obvious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Lakers roster, they could put out a huge lineup.

Land of the Giants Lineup:

PG - Lebron 6'8"
SG - Kuzma 6'9"
SF - AD 6'10"
PF - Javale 7'0"
C - Dwight 6'11"

Wonder if they'll ever use it?
lol....of course not-

if they do use a lineup like that they would get carved up like a thanksgiving turkey by much faster players. Mcgee can hardly move well at center, let alone PF......Kuzma at SG would be hilarious.

watching this lineup get up and down the floor would be comical. It would be a layup line of fast break after fast break after fast break for the opposition.

I do think they have some possibly interesting big lineups (though the Cousins injury hurt them because of his shooting versatility), but this lineup has to be a tongue in cheek joke.

any "super big" lineup will depend on if Kuzma can guard the 3- which we have seen nothing that suggests he can- and with an ankle issue that will likely have to be monitored for the foreseeable efuture, having him guard players that are clearly faster than him seems like a bad idea.

Wyndlar on the Cavs also has a "stress reaction" in his leg (not his ankle- which, i am glad its his leg and not his ankle- or worse yet- his feet)- Its something that gets worse the more you are on it--- and coming into an 82 game season and having a 6'9' 220 lb guy like Wynadlar running and jumping worries me for the long term. Itll have to be somethign that is monitored for the long term. I would imagine the same with Kuzma will apply.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it is!

It's funny that in comment # 17826 (page 892) you said Chubb was clocked at 22.8 during his 88 yard TD run.

But 3 different site dawgnation.com, brownswire.usatoday.com & 247sports.com all said he was clocked at 21.95.

Why outright lie about something like that?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...so? Are you thinking there are Cavs' fans who don't know he among the worst picks of all time?

I get you only want to argue but try and make it less obvious.
Cavs are going to be a very young and interesting team on offense.

the defense is going to be a mess--- young guys generally struggle on D and the back court will be undersized and its not like they have a 7 foot center that can move to backup the young guys inside.

They really do have some nice offensive talent though-- Garland, Sexton, Love, Osman, --- Knight is healthy for the first time in years and i think is going to be playing well looking for a new contract, Clarkson can score.

Nance Jr. is supposedly working on his 3pt shot and trying to increase his range and versatility.

That doesnt even count Porter Jr. or Wyndlar who should both be interesting 1st round rookies at some point once the roster gets pared down.

Itll be fun seeing which guys take that next step.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever have anything good to say?

)
Stopped reading after that classic line from you. Since recently you tried to start an argument regarding comments I made about Bennett.....when I agreed with your comments.

You are priceless.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that in comment # 17826 (page 892) you said Chubb was clocked at 22.8 during his 88 yard TD run.

But 3 different site dawgnation.com, brownswire.usatoday.com & 247sports.com all said he was clocked at 21.95.

is this something you are really concerned about? I copied and pasted a post i saw from twitter on a link from the Athletic that showed the 88 yard run. I am sorry- i didnt have a timer of my own to confirm it. LOL....is this what you really think about?

blaze one up and relax man, how long has it been? 20 minutes since the last one? take the edge off. Isnt there someone you should be stabbing in the back?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are going to be a very young and interesting team on offense.

the defense is going to be a mess--- young guys generally struggle on D and the back court will be undersized and its not like they have a 7 foot center that can move to backup the young guys inside.

They really do have some nice offensive talent though-- Garland, Sexton, Love, Osman, --- Knight is healthy for the first time in years and i think is going to be playing well looking for a new contract, Clarkson can score.

Nance Jr. is supposedly working on his 3pt shot and trying to increase his range and versatility.

That doesnt even count Porter Jr. or Wyndlar who should both be interesting 1st round rookies at some point once the roster gets pared down.

Itll be fun seeing which guys take that next step.
did hear Porter was voted by his peers as biggest steal of the draft (with Bol Bol, I believe).

Honestly, my biggest concern is they do what we know would be the worst thing for them....be bad, but not bad enough to pick top 10.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....of course not-

if they do use a lineup like that they would get carved up like a thanksgiving turkey by much faster players. Mcgee can hardly move well at center, let alone PF......Kuzma at SG would be hilarious.

watching this lineup get up and down the floor would be comical. It would be a layup line of fast break after fast break after fast break for the opposition.

I do think they have some possibly interesting big lineups (though the Cousins injury hurt them because of his shooting versatility), but this lineup has to be a tongue in cheek joke.

any "super big" lineup will depend on if Kuzma can guard the 3- which we have seen nothing that suggests he can- and with an ankle issue that will likely have to be monitored for the foreseeable efuture, having him guard players that are clearly faster than him seems like a bad idea.

Wyndlar on the Cavs also has a "stress reaction" in his leg (not his ankle- which, i am glad its his leg and not his ankle- or worse yet- his feet)- Its something that gets worse the more you are on it--- and coming into an 82 game season and having a 6'9' 220 lb guy like Wynadlar running and jumping worries me for the long term. Itll have to be somethign that is monitored for the long term. I would imagine the same with Kuzma will apply.

Yeah, as I said previously, I think there are occasions where it could work for short stints. If another team is going big, they could go bigger. Or if they're getting killed on the boards, they could do it for a short time.

I agree that perimeter defense would be an issue. Javale is athletic enough to get to the perimeter and effect someone shooting a 3, but he's not getting back to the paint when a guy pulls the ball down and drives on him.

Kuzma is athletic enough to be a much better defender than he has been so far. Hopefully Vogel can work with him on that. Although him being out right now doesn't help.

It would be hard to score in the paint against that team and damn near impossible to stop them from scoring in the paint.

It would have been awesome from the 80's to about 2010. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did hear Porter was voted by his peers as biggest steal of the draft (with Bol Bol, I believe).

Wouldn't surprise me. Watching him at USC, the talent was obvious. Unfortunately, he also couldn't stay out of the coaches doghouse, so he never developed into what he could have been.

If his head has caught up to his talent, he could absolutely be the steal of the draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as I said previously, I think there are occasions where it could work for short stints. If another team is going big, they could go bigger. Or if they're getting killed on the boards, they could do it for a short time.

I agree that perimeter defense would be an issue. Javale is athletic enough to get to the perimeter and effect someone shooting a 3, but he's not getting back to the paint when a guy pulls the ball down and drives on him.

Kuzma is athletic enough to be a much better defender than he has been so far. Hopefully Vogel can work with him on that. Although him being out right now doesn't help.

It would be hard to score in the paint against that team and damn near impossible to stop them from scoring in the paint.

It would have been awesome from the 80's to about 2010. lol
my main concern would just be getting up and down the court and stopping the other team from fastbreaking all the time. I mean, LeBron or Davis might be able to be the first one back on D, but those guys cant defend a guy like a Lillard in space alone, and having LeBron use his energy running back on D to set the defense seems like an incredible waste.

Id maybe see if something like Howard at center, Davis at PF, and LeBron at the 2 and Kuzma at the 3 would work, but even that would be rough

I mean the main problem i see with the Lakers is that in todays NBA there most deadly lineup would be a small one where LeBron is at PF and Davis at C but both of those guys hate playing those positions. Davis at center and lebron at PF would be absolutely devastating with shooters around them, but those guys whine about having to wrestle with bigger players.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question is why reply to an innocent, most likely sarcastic, remark (not directed at you) and try to stir something up.

Oh....because that's who you are.