• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going ot be in interesting. The Browns have, by most metrics, one of, if not the hardest schedule in the league in the first half, but have a cupcake 2nd half. If they are 4-4 or 5-3 after 8 games they will be right on track.

1. H- Tenn
2. A- Jets
3. H- LAR
4. A- BAL
5. A- SF
6. H- SEA
7. A- NE
8. A- DEN

thats pretty tough. Having the Seahawks, Patriots, Rams and Baltimore is really tough. After that the Titans, Jets, 49'ers and Broncos are easier- but not one of those teams is a pushover.

the 2nd half gets a lot easier

9. H- BUF
10. H- PIT
11. H- MIA
12. A- PIT
13. H- CIN
14. A- ARI
15. H- BAL
16. A- CIN

second half- the toughest games are obviously the 2 Pittsburgh games. Then Baltimore at home. But they have Miami, Arizona, Buffalo, and 2 games against Cincinnati.

As I said above, if they can finish that first half about .500 they should be in very solid shape to get to my prediction of 10 wins.
There will be some panic if 4-4 at halfway point, but agree.....6-2 second half not crazy at all. As we see teams now, they could be favored in 7 of the final 8.

Of course, it's the NFL and someone could surprise.

I think 10-11 wins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted about this on the NFL board a few months ago. I think 3-5 is likely for them in the first half. End up with 9 or 10 wins overall
I think maybe one extra win but that seems reasonable.

Probably will lose a game they should win and maybe win one they are expected to lose, as well (or 2 of either)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhhhh....the world is right again.

The tanking by your team will make this season rough, but if done right it will pay off in the end.

I'm not a Dolphins fan but I feel bad for my SportsHoopla brothers @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

That team is a mess with no real direction. If QB was the only issue on offense then this would play out amazing for them

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm game. I think the Browns win, 21-20 or 23-21.

Want me start it up?
Shit....a Laker fan talking football. Hope that means you haven't given up on your NBA team.

FWIW, I'm in a survival pool and Browns are not even under consideration to use. I agree this should be close.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how Baker lives up to the hype of expectations. Also lots of ego in that offense.

Personally though, I would be surprised if the titans win. Their O line is dealing with a couple injuries and their QB play is bottom 5 in the league.

Henry would have to have a big game and Mayfield would have to struggle. Possible for sure, but I would be a little surprised if that is how it plays out.
some Browns fans are getting worked up over perceived slights by Zimmerman and ESPN but I'd rather see this as from what we know Baker thrives off perceived slights.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Dolphins fan but I feel bad for my SportsHoopla brothers @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

That team is a mess with no real direction. If QB was the only issue on offense then this would play out amazing for them
well at least they are stockpiling draft picks. just got 2 first rounders. Not like they were gonna be any good anyway.

They are DEF. looking to draft a QB either this next draft or the following one when the Clemson kid comes out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping wiggy is right, but I think Titans can keep it close. It's not a lock.
their stud left tackle is suspended. that helps a lot. Garrett is going to tear shit up-- Or demand double/triple teams- which should open thingsu p for the rest of the d-line which is damn good with Ricahrdosn, Vernon and Ogunjobi.

I cant wait to see Baker with OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Njoku and Chubb. The weapons are going to be unreal for him.

Kirksey and Schoebert are healthy and playing together for the first time in what seems like forever at the LB level. Ward is healthy and has a year of experience under his belt.

We def. have to keep in mind that this is a team that won ZERO games the year before last--- so a 10 win season would be p ractically unheard of in the NFL in that time frame--- but its all right there for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Ogbah listed on a depth chart as 3rd string. Is that true/current?
you think he actually knows the minutia of a sports team he roots for? dude...gmab. I would be SHOCKED if he could name 10 guys on the team without looking it up- let alone an end of the roster DE.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really seems like they are trying an all out tank, which did work for the Browns (or it seems it did..we'll know in a month or so).

Dump aging vets, clear as much cap space as possible, add as many high picks as you can.

And next year is supposed to be a QB heavy draft I think (or might take 2 years).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really seems like they are trying an all out tank, which did work for the Browns (or it seems it did..we'll know in a month or so).

Dump aging vets, clear as much cap space as possible, add as many high picks as you can.

And next year is supposed to be a QB heavy draft I think (or might take 2 years).
the Clemson QB, Trevor Lawrence, is def. the best QB prospect since Luck, and before that Manning. I wouldnt be surprised if they built the infrastructure of the team next year, and went for Lawrence the following year- and then were set for a nice long run of sustainable success.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least they are stockpiling draft picks. just got 2 first rounders. Not like they were gonna be any good anyway.

They are DEF. looking to draft a QB either this next draft or the following one when the Clemson kid comes out.
No doubt they are following our tanking model. Though I'm sure we didn't inventit.

will be rough, but can pay off if they stick to it.

did I ever tell you about the story about when my bro asked Billy Beane about Paul D?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Clemson QB, Trevor Lawrence, is def. the best QB prospect since Luck, and before that Manning. I wouldnt be surprised if they built the infrastructure of the team next year, and went for Lawrence the following year- and then were set for a nice long run of sustainable success.
Patience worked for us to get Baker.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting a QB doesn't mean much if you don't have quality players at the other offensive positions. Tackle is a pretty big position for QB and are not that easy to find a good one.

Also how can you fairly evaluate Josh Rosen if you trade your LT who was really good?

Just like the NBA, stockpiling draft picks doesn't mean much if you don't hit on those picks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a QB doesn't mean much if you don't have quality players at the other offensive positions. Tackle is a pretty big position for QB and are not that easy to find a good one.

Also how can you fairly evaluate Josh Rosen if you trade your LT who was really good?

Just like the NBA, stockpiling draft picks doesn't mean much if you don't hit on those picks.
True, but look what the Browns did once Freddy took over and Baker got more comfortable. Going by memory but think QBs were sacked 28 times first 8 games, 5 in the last 8. In addition, he was only hit 9 times. Next closest had 28. Line was the same as were skill players.

In addition, while it's fair to say they haven't had much time together also fair to say Browns have best WR room in the game and RB could be the same if/when Hunt returns.

No doubt you have to hit on the picks.

do you have a favorite NFL team?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how Baker lives up to the hype of expectations. Also lots of ego in that offense.

Personally though, I would be surprised if the titans win. Their O line is dealing with a couple injuries and their QB play is bottom 5 in the league.

Henry would have to have a big game and Mayfield would have to struggle. Possible for sure, but I would be a little surprised if that is how it plays out.
The Browns have a lot of new pieces fitting in. I could see it taking 2-3 games to figure it out. I expect them to win by a FG or less vs Titans and expect them to go something like 9-7 or so.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but look what the Browns did once Freddy took over and Baker got more comfortable. Going by memory but think QBs were sacked 28 times first 8 games, 5 in the last 8. In addition, he was only hit 9 times. Next closest had 28. Line was the same as were skill players.

In addition, while it's fair to say they haven't had much time together also fair to say Browns have best WR room in the game and RB could be the same if/when Hunt returns.

No doubt you have to hit on the picks.

do you have a favorite NFL team?

WHO DAT

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I've never really understood the point of getting your qb before you have an o-line who can protect him. You're just risking getting him beat up and/or maybe ruin his confidence.

On the one hand, I guess you have to grab a potentially great qb when you can. But, as you point out, having a great qb doesn't mean much if your o-line sucks.