• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I'm hoping it's more QB making the line and Baker improves as I see 2-3 weak links on the O-line this year.

That said, I recall seasons where Rodgers and Big Ben (among others) were said to have poor lines and they still had very good seasons.

That's where experience and scheme come in. Ben is a master at moving around in the pocket (has to be, because he couldn't outrun me lol).

If the Browns o-line can be at least solid, they have a chance for the team to be really good. You can scheme around a bad o-line, but you can't really use the whole playbook because you can't run plays that take longer to develop.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt...not ideal. My point was if adversity one year ruined a QB he wasn't gonna be good anyway. Exceptions might be Carr and Couch as they were beat up physically and didn't recover.

Agree. Especially with the bold. If the qb can't handle it mentally, you're right, he probably wasn't going to be good. A big part of qb play in the NFL is handling adversity.

But, if a guy just gets killed physically, that's not his fault.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Especially with the bold. If the qb can't handle it mentally, you're right, he probably wasn't going to be good. A big part of qb play in the NFL is handling adversity.

But, if a guy just gets killed physically, that's not his fault.
Sad too with Couch as while I doubt he'd live up to #1 pick in draft the guy had a solid season in 2002 with little talent around him. Just went down hill physically after that.

Football in 2 days!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Aikman's first year with a 1-15 Cowboys team. That poor guy took a brutal beating. It was so bad, I felt bad for him even though he was a Bruin. lol

lol, why do you think i mentioned Carr for the Texans...?

the guy was BRUTALIZED nearly his entire career...

it was like their front office hated the guy...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt...a shame for him Sashi had to be the fall guy as I'm sure he played a huge role in where they are now. He was never supposed to be a GM (opening presser said plan is find a credible GM) and he wasn't. He was President. Would have been nice if he could have stayed and been in same Dept. as Pauly D but not a big deal.

Guessing Paul D is very good when it comes to knowing what to pay players and what to offer in deals. Dorsey I'm sure has more to do with identifying players to pick acquire.
but like @bksballer89 said- its one thing to acquire picks- its another to use them correctly. Sashi acquired picks and had patience--- but as for actual football moves and adding talent he really didnt do anything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, why do you think i mentioned Carr for the Texans...?

the guy was BRUTALIZED nearly his entire career...

it was like their front office hated the guy...

Yeah, he must have pissed somebody off. lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh absolutely I'll respond (and I did).

But let's be clear, and I think you know this, if I wasn't being entertained I'd back off.
I don't care

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but like @bksballer89 said- its one thing to acquire picks- its another to use them correctly. Sashi acquired picks and had patience--- but as for actual football moves and adding talent he really didnt do anything.
That's true, but I think the plan was really star adding when they did (2018) when it came to aggressively using the cap space and start using with less adding picks.

Guy really gets a bad rap (I know, not from you). Keep hearing how so few are left from 2016 draft and even 2017, but guess what......KC only has 2 players left from Dorsey's first draft in 2016.

I do like Dorsey, but the real work starts when it's time to pay these players in the next few years. I could have used a random "Big Board" and had success in the 2018 draft where we picked.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be on to something if I wasn't laughing at you.

And, no, it's not semantics. You asked to alive and in the NBA. I named Lebron. Then you said no Cleveland connection and I didn't name Lebron.

You get you don't have to reply to the notifications, right? You also have a scroll feature. I reply because you are a source of amusement at this point.

200w.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Dolphins fan but I feel bad for my SportsHoopla brothers @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

That team is a mess with no real direction. If QB was the only issue on offense then this would play out amazing for them

Ive never been a Dolphins fan.

All things being equal I’d like them to be better because my son is Miami born/raised and likes them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where experience and scheme come in. Ben is a master at moving around in the pocket (has to be, because he couldn't outrun me lol).

If the Browns o-line can be at least solid, they have a chance for the team to be really good. You can scheme around a bad o-line, but you can't really use the whole playbook because you can't run plays that take longer to develop.

That Ben Rothlessburger fella needs to retire already. Tired of that fucker always beating the Browns.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, kinda like my son and the Raiders...

only problem there is i DESPISE the Raiders...:lol:

I like telling Broncos fans after the Browns I root for the Chiefs, Raiders & Chargers. For some reason they don't like that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, kinda like my son and the Raiders...

only problem there is i DESPISE the Raiders...:lol:
I haven't been a full-time NFL fan since Air Mcnair got snuffed out by his side piece.

I was gonna roll with the Cardinals last year. But, I was pissed they got rid of honey badger.

But, I'm all in on seeing if Kyler will boom of bust.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like telling Broncos fans after the Browns I root for the Chiefs, Raiders & Chargers. For some reason they don't like that.
I root for ANYONE but the Rams.

I rooted for that shitshow of a team for a decade and then they up and move to St Louis and get to 2 Super Bowls.

Fuck them....

..and the Charges too.

Don't get me started on the Raiders and their scumbag fans.

Not all of them are the dregs of society.

But, I put them at 75%.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Clemson QB, Trevor Lawrence, is def. the best QB prospect since Luck, and before that Manning. I wouldnt be surprised if they built the infrastructure of the team next year, and went for Lawrence the following year- and then were set for a nice long run of sustainable success.

They should wait for Lawrence.

Tua is not the answer. I think he will struggle in the NFL.