• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
I think all of your Indians post jinxed them.
the injuries just piled up on this team unlike any Indians team I have seen before. its pretty unreal. These are just the ones off the top of my head:

-Lindor missed all of spring training and the first month of the season- he really didnt hit his stride until 2+ months into the season

-Kluber broke his arm and has barely pitched this year

-Carrasco got cancer and has barely pitched this year

-Clevinger pulled a muscle in his back and missed 2+ months of the season

-Jose Ramirez just broke a bone in his wrist, and had surgery and will miss the rest of the season

-Naquin just tore his ACL and is out for the year

-Bradley zimmer has not played 1 inning this year after badly hurting his shoulder last year

-Salazar had not pitched all year- came back - and hurt himself in his first game back and has not pitched again.

and that does not count the less important guys like Rodriguez, Otero, Cody Anderson, Tyler Olson that have all missed extended time.

the final straws were the Ramirez injury, and Kluber pulling a muscle in his rehab start effectively ending his season. The silver linings are that they developed Civale and Plesac--- 2 guys that look like they will be very solid major league starting pitchers- and Clevinger and Bieber went from solid starters to front end guys. A team like the yankees with unlmited resources can withstand a slew of injuries a lot better than the Indians- that is for sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be back next year and in good shape. They have a ton of starting pitching when healthy--- Kluber, Bieber, Clevinger, Carrasco, Plesac, Civale, Rodriguez--- the guy who many think is their best prospect- Triston McKenzie - is a very highly regarded starting pitcher. Roberto Perez has been great playing catcher. Bauer and Kipnis will be over 30+ million coming off the books giving them some flexibility. Franmil was a great get via trade.

all the injuries to key guys on a team that does not have an unlimited payroll really added up- and they really hung against all odds for a while but the baseball season is 162 games and you cant hide from it in the long run.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the injuries just piled up on this team unlike any Indians team I have seen before. its pretty unreal. These are just the ones off the top of my head:

-Lindor missed all of spring training and the first month of the season- he really didnt hit his stride until 2+ months into the season

-Jose Ramirez just broke a bone in his wrist, and had surgery and will miss the rest of the season

-Bradley zimmer has not played 1 inning this year after badly hurting his shoulder last year

-Salazar had not pitched all year- came back - and hurt himself in his first game back and has not pitched again.

and that does not count the less important guys like Rodriguez, Otero, Cody Anderson, Tyler Olson that have all missed extended time.

the final straws were the Ramirez injury, and Kluber pulling a muscle in his rehab start effectively ending his season. The silver linings are that they developed Civale and Plesac--- 2 guys that look like they will be very solid major league starting pitchers- and Clevinger and Bieber went from solid starters to front end guys. A team like the yankees with unlmited resources can withstand a slew of injuries a lot better than the Indians- that is for sure.
All good points and no doubt the injuries have hurt a ton....ironically, a guy they could have kept on a reasonable deal - Brantley - has remained healthy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be back next year and in good shape. They have a ton of starting pitching when healthy--- Kluber, Bieber, Clevinger, Carrasco, Plesac, Civale, Rodriguez--- the guy who many think is their best prospect- Triston McKenzie - is a very highly regarded starting pitcher. Roberto Perez has been great playing catcher. Bauer and Kipnis will be over 30+ million coming off the books giving them some flexibility. Franmil was a great get via trade.

all the injuries to key guys on a team that does not have an unlimited payroll really added up- and they really hung against all odds for a while but the baseball season is 162 games and you cant hide from it in the long run.
all true, but don't let ownership off the hook. How can we be in a contending window and cut $20-30 mil off the payroll? They are wasting maybe the best FO in baseball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am so fucking pissed off- the fantasy baseball playoffs started this week in my one league. You only get 7 starts out of starting pitchers per week. I thought I made a great grab getting Mitch Keller - a high level prospect for the Pirates for his start against the shitty Marlins. He was fucking cruising-- 1 2/3 multiple k's-- looked in control- and then gets hit b a come backer and has to come out--- completely fucking me and one of the 7 starts i get.

Not happy- not happy at all. At leaest I had Flaherty going for the Cards last night who was an ass-kicker. its gonna be close though.

another thing to bitch about- id love to drop Kris Bryant since he has been off and on hurt--- but he is on the Cant Drop List--- really really pissing meo ff since these rosters are not exactly big in the first place.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully they can sneak in.
I don’t follow baseball, but I do know that injury luck has not been on their side.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Dolphins fan but I feel bad for my SportsHoopla brothers @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

That team is a mess with no real direction. If QB was the only issue on offense then this would play out amazing for them

The tanking process that they're going towards (they won't admit it, but it's tanking) is the right decision at this point. The problem is, they're giving up on young pieces that they could build the team around (Tunsil, Taylor, etc...). The trade for Rosen is now nullified as it makes no sense to put him behind this OL, and the idea at the beginning of the year was to try him out for a year and see what you have. Since you have the worst OL on paper in history, you now don't know what you have with him and should never had traded for him in the first place.

But the tanking strategy isn't going to work out though. The Phins have been known for bad decision after bad decision. If it takes you tanking for a #1 draft pick to get yourself a quality QB, how are you going to round out the rest of your roster? You should be able to evaluate and find yourself a good QB that doesn't revolve around tanking like Dallas with Dak (he's okay), Big Ben with the Steelers, RW with the Seahawks, etc..

Stephen Ross needs to sell the team. He doesn't know what he's doing, and the people he's hired are just as inept.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've never really understood the point of getting your qb before you have an o-line who can protect him. You're just risking getting him beat up and/or maybe ruin his confidence.

On the one hand, I guess you have to grab a potentially great qb when you can. But, as you point out, having a great qb doesn't mean much if your o-line sucks.

See Andrew Luck.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least they are stockpiling draft picks. just got 2 first rounders. Not like they were gonna be any good anyway.

They are DEF. looking to draft a QB either this next draft or the following one when the Clemson kid comes out.

We're going to screw it up though. Having a bevy of picks means dick when you don't know how to evaluate.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a QB doesn't mean much if you don't have quality players at the other offensive positions. Tackle is a pretty big position for QB and are not that easy to find a good one.

Also how can you fairly evaluate Josh Rosen if you trade your LT who was really good?

Just like the NBA, stockpiling draft picks doesn't mean much if you don't hit on those picks.

And we gave up Tunsil who's 24 years old and already at top 5 LT in the league. Those don't grow on trees and evaluating OL at the next level is the most difficult job sans evaluating QBs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filipino University Basketball Team Suffers Epic Design Fail

thumbnail

69813007_3536495013034707_1975921041922326528_n.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tanking process that they're going towards (they won't admit it, but it's tanking) is the right decision at this point. The problem is, they're giving up on young pieces that they could build the team around (Tunsil, Taylor, etc...). The trade for Rosen is now nullified as it makes no sense to put him behind this OL, and the idea at the beginning of the year was to try him out for a year and see what you have. Since you have the worst OL on paper in history, you now don't know what you have with him and should never had traded for him in the first place.

But the tanking strategy isn't going to work out though. The Phins have been known for bad decision after bad decision. If it takes you tanking for a #1 draft pick to get yourself a quality QB, how are you going to round out the rest of your roster? You should be able to evaluate and find yourself a good QB that doesn't revolve around tanking like Dallas with Dak (he's okay), Big Ben with the Steelers, RW with the Seahawks, etc..

Stephen Ross needs to sell the team. He doesn't know what he's doing, and the people he's hired are just as inept.
its crazy though

The Browns traded for a Texans first round pick that we thought would be late teens

because Watson got hurt it became the 4th overall pick and gave us a stud corner in Denzel Ward.

never know how those first round picks will come out.

and seirously- if it means you get Lawrence you will be EXTREMELY happy. He is honestly maybe the best QB prospect since john elway.