• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake.....meant second star. Last offseason.

The 2nd star they had targeted chose to stay put and did so without even meeting with them.

So no, any another GM wouldn't necessarily have added a 2nd star sooner.

I'm not even sure that any other GM would have decided to hold over the cap space until this season.

There are at least a few that likely would have panicked and overpaid some 2nd tier and/or 3rd tier guys and not have had the cap space available to trade for AD and be in on the Kawhi sweepstakes.

The Lakers overall FO performance certainly hasn't been anything worth bragging about and has been downright embarrassing at times.

But they also haven't exactly fucked up everything either. In fact, there are at least a couple of teams that look like they could be in worse shape, including at least one that many thought was going to be a top contender for the next several seasons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s certainly not that black and white. Of course they should get some control but the current system has gone way overboard. There should have been sanctions of some sort for what was done during the season with Davis when he had a full season left. The team that paud him all those years was pretty much powerless.

They did pretty well for powerless team.

Also, they decided to bench Davis. Davis wanted to play.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did pretty well for powerless team.

Also, they decided to bench Davis. Davis wanted to play.

Woukd be interesting to see how this turned out had the Pelicans not landed the no 1.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didnt play in last years playoffs. I remember hearing the same thing the last couple regular seasons and Lebron showed he was the best in the playoffs. He is a freak of nature, I dont expect him to drop this season
At 35 his skills are diminishing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon doesn't need the ball in his hands.

Yeah. Not sure why anyone would think he needs the ball in his hands.

He was 50-40-90 guy last year. I would love to have Brogdan.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting tweet from Tobias.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bar isnt set that high this year so thank you for that lol

look at it like this, man...

IF the Lakers were to win another title of course i'd be loving it...

but then the thing would be in my mind "that's what they're supposed to do as a marquee franchise". after all, I've seen them do it 11 times in my life...

now if the Chiefs were to win a Super Bowl...?

that'd be a different matter...

after all, it's something I haven't seen in 50 years...

i'd probably sound a lot like you Cavs fans in 2016...:lol:

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta run for a while. If word comes down Kawhi will join the Lakers then props to them (or whichever team gets him or the other stars)

Hope Laker fans make sure if anyone wont give full credit (or much) to Pelinka in response to anyone saying he deserves much of the credit they make sure to answer every such post .......while saying they don't care who gets the credit and wondering why the horse continues to get beaten.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Not sure why anyone would think he needs the ball in his hands.

He was 50-40-90 guy last year. I would love to have Brogdan.
Brogdon could fit in anywhere... but yeah, he'd be fantastic in Philly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon could fit in anywhere... but yeah, he'd be fantastic in Philly.

I would love to see it happen but I'm not sure how they could get it done.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it affects or doesn’t affect my home team has nothing to do with it. I don’t recall PG rumblings when he still had 1 1/2 years left on his deal and I sure don’t remember another player getting involved either. This one took things to a whole new level and it happened first because a player friendly commish allowed it, but mainly because of Lebrons age. Just think it was way over the top.

Really? Maybe you should go back through the forum and find Hurricane's thread about it. Heck, he even wished injury on PG because of it.

His trade demands started during the season and he still had a full year left on his contract when the Thunder traded for him on July 1st 2017.

Do you think he and Westbrook never had a conversation? Maybe even before the Thunder decided to make the trade? Maybe part of the reason that the Thunder made the trade was because Westbrook was able to tell them that PG would give re-signing strong consideration?

It happened because players are allowed to talk to each other and make plans. That's allowed because there is no way to actually prevent it.

There is no doubt that Lebron and Klutch talking/recruiting AD happened (it happens all of the time, including when Stern was the Commissioner) and it would have been major tampering if anyone from the Lakers FO was able to be linked to it. It would have meant a huge fine, not being allowed to trade for AD and probably the loss of some draft picks. But since it was a player and his agent, nothing can be done.

Hell, according to reports, Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh made their plans to get together in Miami while they were on the Olympic team together. That was at least a year before it actually happened and while all 3 were under contract with other teams.

According to reports, KD and Kawhi have talked about playing together in the future. Does that mean they sign with the same team this year so they can play together after AD is healthy?

Does it mean that they both sign 1+1's or 2+1's and go to the same team a year or 2 from now?

End of the day, this kind of thing has pretty much always happened. We just know a lot more about it because of social media and 24 hour news cycles.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers will be the faves if they don't get Leonard but spend the 32 million on better role players. than they'd be able to get if they signed Leonard....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers will be the faves if they don't get Leonard but spend the 32 million on better role players. than they'd be able to get if they signed Leonard....

that's plan B...

and I think everyone pretty much knows that...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woukd be interesting to see how this turned out had the Pelicans not landed the no 1.

I don't know.

But if the Lakers didn't get the #4, I'm not sure the trade happens. Even with AD limiting who he'd re-sign with.

At the least, they don't get to keep Kuzma.

Last edited: