• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s certainly not that black and white. Of course they should get some control but the current system has gone way overboard. There should have been sanctions of some sort for what was done during the season with Davis when he had a full season left. The team that paud him all those years was pretty much powerless.

In addition, these players usually have a trade kicker built into their contracts.

I have no issue with super teams, but there should be meaning to a signed contract.

I know players bitch about being traded, but unless there is a no trade clause then I dont see their point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much any time any top FA goes to another team it means that top players for that team were involved.

Who was more responsible for KD joining the Warriors? Bob Meyers or The Hamptons Five"?

Who was more responsible for Lebron and Chris Bosh joining the Heat? Pat Riley or D-Wade?

Who was more responsible for Lebron returning to the Cavs? The Cavs FO or Lebron having made a promise to Cavs fans and Kyrie emerging as a legit star?

It's funny that only the Lakers FO seems to get downgraded because their top players were involved.

Personally, if the Lakers manage to get Kawhi, I don't give a fuck who gets credit for it.
Except when it gets brought up I would also say if Lebron was not from NE Ohio there's a much smaller chance he'd have returned.

Agree 100% with your last comment. Seems you and DJ need to read this a few times until it sinks in - my comment was in regard to someone who thought Pelinka should get credit. Any GM makes the moves he has made, perhaps even gets the 3rd star sooner.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when it gets brought up I would also say if Lebron was not from NE Ohio there's a much smaller chance he'd have returned.

Agree 100% with your last comment. Seems you and DJ need to read this a few times until it sinks in - my comment was in regard to someone who thought Pelinka should get credit. Any GM makes the moves he has made, perhaps even gets the 3rd star sooner.

FA hasn't started.....they can't get said 3rd star sooner.....

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon doesn't need the ball in his hands.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it matter to you?
If this is the way you'd want to take this, shouldn't I ask why you care what matters to me?

But let me explain how this (and others like it) forum works. Folks make comments. Others then might agree.....agree and add something. ........Or they might disagree and say why.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my comment was in regard to someone who thought Pelinka should get credit. Any GM makes the moves he has made, perhaps even gets the 3rd star sooner.

How were they supposed to get a 3rd star sooner? FA doesn't start for about another 6.5 hours.

Again, why do you care who gets the credit?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the way you'd want to take this, shouldn't I ask why you care what matters to me?

No, as I've said. If the Lakers get Kawhi, I don't care who gets the credit. You sure seem to care though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were they supposed to get a 3rd star sooner? FA doesn't start for about another 6.5 hours.

Again, why do you care who gets the credit?
Mistake...meant second star. Last offseason. Why do you care why I care? Never mind my comment was only a reply....Not as though I started a thread saying not to credit Pelinka.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, as I've said. If the Lakers get Kawhi, I don't care who gets the credit. You sure seem to care though.
And with yet another comment you sure seem to care about what I care about.

Yet strange you ignore every time I say I don't blame you for not caring. Also more weird if they get Kawhi while you say you wont care how they did it, you will go out of your way to make sure Pelinka gets the credit or at least no one says he shouldn't.

Ya gotta love this forum.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with yet another comment you sure seem to care about what I care about.

Yet strange you ignore every time I say I don't blame you for not caring. Also more weird if they get Kawhi while you say you wont care how they did it, you will go out of your way to make sure Pelinka gets the credit or at least no one says he shouldn't.

Ya gotta love this forum.

And you love to beat a dead horse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ancient history, we're looking forward to the very promising future....
Cannot say I blame you....which is why it's so strange so many wonder why I allegedly care who gets credit by making sure Pelinka either gets credit or no one says he shouldn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you love to beat a dead horse.
says the guy beating the dead horse. Most in your position would have let it go when I said I agreed with you. I don't blame you for not caring how it got done if they get Kawhi.

But that's not in your DNA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is still good but at 35 he's no longer the best player in the NBA.

He didnt play in last years playoffs. I remember hearing the same thing the last couple regular seasons and Lebron showed he was the best in the playoffs. He is a freak of nature, I dont expect him to drop this season