• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this assuming he had something to do with last year's moves or he gets a pass?

For right now? I'm giving him a tentative pass. Magic gets the credit for landing Lebron, so he should also get the criticism for the rest of the roster.

However, as funny as it sounds, what Pelinka has accomplished so far was actually the easy part. As has been pointed out, AD and Klutch did a great job of limiting the competition to trade for him and part of the Lakers cap space was created by AD waiving his trade bonus.

Now comes the hard part. He needs to either get Kawhi and put role players that make sense around their new "superteam". Or put good and really good role players around Lebron and AD that make sense.

If he does that, then he gets a full pass for last year. If he doesn't, then he probably needs his office cleared out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For right now? I'm giving him a tentative pass. Magic gets the credit for landing Lebron, so he should also get the criticism for the rest of the roster.

However, as funny as it sounds, what Pelinka has accomplished so far was actually the easy part. As has been pointed out, AD and Klutch did a great job of limiting the competition to trade for him and part of the Lakers cap space was created by AD waiving his trade bonus.

Now comes the hard part. He needs to either get Kawhi and put role players that make sense around their new "superteam". Or put good and really good role players around Lebron and AD that make sense.

If he does that, then he gets a full pass for last year. If he doesn't, then he probably needs his office cleared out.
Only disagreement with that is if they get Kawhi I'm thinking Lebron and AD did this. You aren't thinking a meeting with Pelinka sealed the deal are you?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.....but probably needed both halves for the type of player they might want.

Ya think? Getting to $32 million so that they could offer a max level contract was always going to require AD to waive his trade bonus.

They were $8 million short. AD gave them half and Pelinka got them the rest.

Not sure why this is even a discussion? It's basic math.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOOM.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya think? Getting to $32 million so that they could offer a max level contract was always going to require AD to waive his trade bonus.

Pelinka is responsible for getting the money cleared but giving up a 2nd round pick to trade away a bunch of low cost player options isn't exactly a coup.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's gonna be all kinds of Tweets and other speculation before it actually starts......c'mon, man.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelinka is responsible for getting the money cleared but giving up a 2nd round pick to trade away a bunch of low cost player options isn't exactly a coup.

I would have liked to keep Wagner.....but we're hunting big fish this summer.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s always been about his ego but it’s been about being the best player as well and that starts with Lebron
Lebron is still good but at 35 he's no longer the best player in the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.....so no AD the half Pelinka acquired was useless to get a max player.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance the Wizards made some nice trades....nothing flashy but they added some talent....it wasn't like they were gonna be major players in FA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're obsessed with who gets the credit, huh?
Only if the discussion is to credit Pelinka.

Not sure if you didn't understand this or missed it (hope the latter) but I also said Laker fans should absolutely be pleased where they stand right now......and I suspect where they stand later today.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only disagreement with that is if they get Kawhi I'm thinking Lebron and AD did this. You aren't thinking a meeting with Pelinka sealed the deal are you?

Pretty much any time any top FA goes to another team it means that top players for that team were involved.

Who was more responsible for KD joining the Warriors? Bob Meyers or The Hamptons Five"?

Who was more responsible for Lebron and Chris Bosh joining the Heat? Pat Riley or D-Wade?

Who was more responsible for Lebron returning to the Cavs? The Cavs FO or Lebron having made a promise to Cavs fans and Kyrie emerging as a legit star?

It's funny that only the Lakers FO seems to get downgraded because their top players were involved.

Personally, if the Lakers manage to get Kawhi, I don't give a fuck who gets credit for it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 starting his foolishness yet again.
Starting what?

me - "Laker fans should be happy"
me (commenting to someone giving Pelinka credit) - "not so fast"

Try and understand the "commenting" part. I wasn't the one who "started" anything.

Basic English my friend.