• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I think meeting with the Lakers is nothing more than to appease Lebron. I would put the Lakers as a distant 3rd at the moment, but who knows.

personally got 'em second, but we'll see...

1) Stay in Toronto

2)sign with the Lakers

3) sign with the Clippers

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How well did the system work when PG decided to stay in OKC?

I don't remember these complaints from you last year.

I get your point but it’s really not the same, to me anyway. I really don’t think PG spent months trying to get to OKC specifically while still being paid by another team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just not ready to crown them and the dude you want to give all the credit to doesn’t really deserve it, not yet. Good luck though.

No one is crowning anything for anyone. If nothing else, this past season should serve as a reminder that nothing is guaranteed in the NBA.

Last year, everyone had the Lakers in the playoffs (some as far as making the WCF) and the Warriors winning their 3rd straight finals...then injuries blew that all to hell.

As far as credit, Pelinka gets credit for getting the AD trade done and making the deal that combined with AD waiving his trade kicker, got the Lakers enough cap space to at least be able to talk to Kawhi.

There are still plenty of ways he can fuck this up. But as of this moment, Lakers fans are happy with what he's done.

Shit, at the very least, he's shown he can make a layup, so to speak. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One will have to go if they want butler. Philly not going to accept a deal if one of them is not included. Richardson would be the one I'm including

Agree, out of the 3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that teams like Miami have no cap space and I think to myself, just exactly who do they have that warrants making so much money that you don’t have wiggle room? That is the insanity of how the league is constructed. It benefits the players sure, but it’s nuts.

Pretty much whatever the owners wanted to accomplish during the last lockout, backfired.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want both those guys playing together.....Butler is also much older.....

And Richardson is never going to be a top 20 player as Butler is now.

Also as i said, Winslow has a higher ceiling than Richardson

Butler is older but he is still in his prime.

As a guy who watch every heat game, Richardson offense will never get on the level of Butler

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is crowning anything for anyone. If nothing else, this past season should serve as a reminder that nothing is guaranteed in the NBA.

Last year, everyone had the Lakers in the playoffs (some as far as making the WCF) and the Warriors winning their 3rd straight finals...then injuries blew that all to hell.

As far as credit, Pelinka gets credit for getting the AD trade done and making the deal that combined with AD waiving his trade kicker, got the Lakers enough cap space to at least be able to talk to Kawhi.

There are still plenty of ways he can fuck this up. But as of this moment, Lakers fans are happy with what he's done.

Shit, at the very least, he's shown he can make a layup, so to speak. lol

Whatever happened, going back to last season, was a plan originated between James and A.D..
AD telling every other team that he’d be a 1 season rental ended any real competition for his services.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point but it’s really not the same, to me anyway. I really don’t think PG spent months trying to get to OKC specifically while still being paid by another team.

No, but he did spend months trying to get out of Indy and eventually forced a trade to OKC.

Then, OKC did a great job of spending the season recruiting him to stay.

Bottom line, OKC benefitted from the way the system works and you weren't complaining about it when it did.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kawhi bang is coming soon. I have a strong feeling he will be with Doc in the next few days.

And he will then give no press conf and keep it lowke. Classic Kawhi

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he did spend months trying to get out of Indy and eventually forced a trade to OKC.

Then, OKC did a great job of spending the season recruiting him to stay.

Bottom line, OKC benefitted from the way the system works and you weren't complaining about it when it did.

I’m not complaining really and I’m certainly not conplaining about a guy signing with a team he was traded to. I do not like this crap of championships being won even in part by players conspiring though. As far as I’m concerned the first championship the Warriors won means more than any other in recent memory because they did it primarily by building a team from within. Just how I feel.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened, going back to last season, was a plan originated between James and A.D..
AD telling every other team that he’d be a 1 season rental ended any real competition for his services.

And this is what I’m talking about, real crap how all that went down.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I think meeting with the Lakers is nothing more than to appease Lebron. I would put the Lakers as a distant 3rd at the moment, but who knows.

Why would Kawhi need to appease Lebron?

As for the Lakers being a distant 3rd. That's kind of hard to say.

When Kawhi forced his way out of San Antonio, he supposedly wanted to go to the Lakers. I don't even know where the Clippers stuff came from, as they were never mentioned until sometime during this past season. Kawhi has never said anything.

It's also said that he wants at least another top player on the team. The Lakers have 2 of those.

I kind of see it as the Raptors being #1 and the Clippers and Lakers being sort of 2a and 2b.

I think that he most likely signs a 2+1 with the Raptors (financially, that seems like the smartest move).

If he really wants out of Toronto AND the Clippers are able to get KD or maybe even Jimmy, then I think he probably goes to the Clippers. I just don't know how likely either of those options are. But, the Clips have The Logo which should scare the hell out of any team looking to land any of those players.

If he wants out of Toronto and the Clips can't get a 2nd star, then I think he probably goes to the Lakers.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Kawhi need to appease Lebron?

As for the Lakers being a distant 3rd. That's kind of hard to say.

When Kawhi forced his was out of San Antonio, he supposedly wanted to go to the Lakers. I don't even know where the Clippers stuff came from, as they were never mentioned until sometime during this past season. Kawhi has never said anything.

It's also said that he wants at least another top player on the team. The Lakers have 2 of those.

I kind of see it as the Raptors being #1 and the Clippers and Lakers being sort of 2a and 2b.

I think that he most likely signs a 2+1 with the Raptors (financially, that seems like the smartest move).

If he really wants out of Toronto AND the Clippers are able to get KD or maybe even Jimmy, then I think he probably goes to the Clippers. I just don't know how likely either of those options are. But, the Clips have The Logo which should scare the hell out of any team looking to land any of those players.

If he wants out of Toronto and the Clips can't get a 2nd star, then I think he probably goes to the Lakers.

Yeah, Wst is a fucking genius.....and that scares me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not complaining really and I’m certainly not conplaining about a guy signing with a team he was traded to. I do not like this crap of championships being won even in part by players conspiring though. As far as I’m concerned the first championship the Warriors won means more than any other in recent memory because they did it primarily by building a team from within. Just how I feel.

Why shouldn't players be allowed to "conspire"?

Are you not allowed to "conspire" with a friend to get a job working where they work if that's what you want?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think players should have any control over their careers?

Well it’s certainly not that black and white. Of course they should get some control but the current system has gone way overboard. There should have been sanctions of some sort for what was done during the season with Davis when he had a full season left. The team that paud him all those years was pretty much powerless.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't players be allowed to "conspire"?

Are you not allowed to "conspire" with a friend to get a job working where they work if that's what you want?

Apples and oranges, orher companies don’t have to be successful as well for my company to be.