• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

I always laugh at the people who try to pretend market doesn’t matter.

Top FA aren’t meeting with the Bucks, they are meeting with the Knicks, the Clippers, the Lakers and even the Heat. 3 of the 4 have been poorly run the last few years.

But when you have the market, you don’t need to bottom out to rebuild.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda hope they keep Winslow. He is the one guy along with maybe Bam that I wouldn't like to see traded. Not sure Winslow would make much sense in Philly as they already got Simmons. I am also more convinced after last year that Winslow ceiling is higher than Richardson.

J-Rich, 1st rounder, and whatever other role players Philly may want except Winslow.

You'd trade a young guy like Richardson to get Butler? J-Rich has been turning into a really good player....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. But I stubbornly just don't like the idea of some capped out team courting your player even if they are trading you pieces. In the end, I'd make damn sure that trade price is heavily in my favor.

Only would matter if player involved demanded sign and trade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd trade a young guy like Richardson to get Butler? J-Rich has been turning into a really good player....

I dont want to lose J Rich, Bam, or Winslow.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler is much better and is a top 20 player. Richardson will never get on butler's level

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it....but he did not create the $4 million. AD did.

They needed $8 million to get to $32 million.

AD waiving his trade bonus created $4 million.

The moves Pelinka made created the other $4million.

The Lakers needed both of those thing to happen to get to $32 million.

So, half was created by AD and the other half by Pelinka.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that teams like Miami have no cap space and I think to myself, just exactly who do they have that warrants making so much money that you don’t have wiggle room? That is the insanity of how the league is constructed. It benefits the players sure, but it’s nuts.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is much better and is a top 20 player. Richardson will never get on butler's level

If the Sixers offer Butler 5/190 and he turns them down, sure, I'll take whatever Miami is selling between J-Rich or Winslow. Then maybe go after Horford.

I find it hard to believe the Sixers do not already know what Butler wants to do.
But, given how crazy this offseason appears to be, I suppose everything is on the table.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should spread their money out. Kawhi and Lebron both need the ball in their hands a lot. Not sure having them on the same team (especially since AD is there) is a great idea.

If I'm the Lakers, I would go after a solid PG and some quality role players (Bogy, Portis, and etc)

I agree to a point.

If they can get Kawhi, they kind of have to. Kawhi doesn't necessarily need the ball in his hands. He had it in his hands a lot in Toronto because he is their best player by a wide margin.

When he was with the Spurs and Timmy and Parker could still play, having the ball never seemed to be much of an issue.

On the Lakers, he would be with Lebron who has been a willing passer almost to a fault for his entire career.

Considering that "load management" is likely to still be a thing for him, he may welcome not having to have the ball so much.

Ftr, I think he signs a 2+1 with Toronto, so it's not likely to matter and I do like the idea of spreading the cap around among several good to really good role players. Especially if they can get them on shorter deals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From who?

A couple of the talking heads have said this. The first one I heard was, I believe, Rob Parker on the local station out here. What made that significant was that he has firmly said all along that there was no way the Lakers were getting Kawhi.

From what I've heard, Lebron has been recruiting him. Between that and getting AD, they have gotten themselves a meeting after Kawhi was supposedly down to just the Raptors and Clippers.

Most seem to think it's still the Raptors or Clippers...but Lebron can be pretty persuasive. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere more exciting now than in Cleveland. what news could match extending JRs deal (in length by a couple weeks) and giving him an extra 500K to do it?

May as well cancel the season and give the Larry O' Brien to the Cavs now.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of the talking heads have said this. The first one I heard was, I believe, Rob Parker on the local station out here. What made that significant was that he has firmly said all along that there was no way the Lakers were getting Kawhi.

From what I've heard, Lebron has been recruiting him. Between that and getting AD, they have gotten themselves a meeting after Kawhi was supposedly down to just the Raptors and Clippers.

Most seem to think it's still the Raptors or Clippers...but Lebron can be pretty persuasive. lol

Yeah, and I think meeting with the Lakers is nothing more than to appease Lebron. I would put the Lakers as a distant 3rd at the moment, but who knows.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not happy with the whole process obviously, just was calling it like I see it on how things are going down. Wirh the inherent advantages in the system it’s not a shock that a GM can succeed in LA. What’s shocking is that things ever got as bad as they did.

How well did the system work when PG decided to stay in OKC?

I don't remember these complaints from you last year.