• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

"Interest between the Sacramento Kings and free agent center Dewayne Dedmon is mutual, and strong. Nothing set yet, but there is confidence on both sides. Expect a resolution tomorrow."

-Carmichael Dave

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an observation

It seems crazy but almost every report I read about a player has the following....

“ interest from both the LA clippers and LA Lakers”.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not news but worthwhile

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't much understand Philly here. Neither Houston or Miami can afford him. Are they just placating him in hopes to not piss him off so they can still convince him to resign? Because if it were me, I'd be like "Fuck no we're not trading you there. Here's a 5 year max. Sign with us or you can go to another team with cap space but without the other stars we have (Embiid, Simmons)". I mean, they are sorta being bullied into trading a player to them by Houston and maybe Miami

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't much understand Philly here. Neither Houston or Miami can afford him. Are they just placating him in hopes to not piss him off so they can still convince him to resign? Because if it were me, I'd be like "Fuck no we're not trading you there. Here's a 5 year max. Sign with us or you can go to another team with cap space but without the other stars we have (Embiid, Simmons)". I mean, they are sorta being bullied into trading a player to them by Houston and maybe Miami

Do you rather lose a player like Butler for free or get multiple players/draft picks in return?

If Butler meets with Philly and tell them he would like to go to Miami or Houston then they almost have to do it unless they're ok with him going to a different team and getting nothing in return.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to sound like a homer, but if Kawhi heads out of Toronto and heads out West, the East is essentially down to Philly and Milwaukee, along with Boston if Kemba is able to bring that team together (doubt they'd be a real contender though).

Miami could package up quality role players in exchange for Butler. In the end, if Butler's going to leave, at least get something for him rather then let him walk for nothing. The old add-age is in the NBA is that the team that gets a dollar for 4 quarters usually ends up winning the trade; in Philly's case, adding a few quality role players like J-Richardson and Winslow from Miami would actually help them out given that they (Philly) has star players already.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you rather lose a player like Butler for free or get multiple players/draft picks in return?

If Butler meets with Philly and tell them he would like to go to Miami or Houston then they almost have to do it unless they're ok with him going to a different team and getting nothing in return.

And Philly would probably rather trade him to Miami since we have younger players are on cap friendly deals. I'd love to have CP3 or Capella, but then you're saddled with bad contracts; more CP3 than Cap.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami could package up quality role players in exchange for Butler. In the end, if Butler's going to leave, at least get something for him rather then let him walk for nothing. The old add-age is in the NBA is that the team that gets a dollar for 4 quarters usually ends up winning the trade; in Philly's case, adding a few quality role players like J-Richardson and Winslow from Miami would actually help them out given that they (Philly) has star players already.

I kinda hope they keep Winslow. He is the one guy along with maybe Bam that I wouldn't like to see traded. Not sure Winslow would make much sense in Philly as they already got Simmons. I am also more convinced after last year that Winslow ceiling is higher than Richardson.

J-Rich, 1st rounder, and whatever other role players Philly may want except Winslow.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. But I stubbornly just don't like the idea of some capped out team courting your player even if they are trading you pieces. In the end, I'd make damn sure that trade price is heavily in my favor.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

"Interest between the Sacramento Kings and free agent center Dewayne Dedmon is mutual, and strong. Nothing set yet, but there is confidence on both sides. Expect a resolution tomorrow."

-Carmichael Dave
He's not a bad option, but I wouldn't be opposed to him being backup center and getting a Horford signing or Capela trade as well(if he doesn't get too much).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda hope they keep Winslow. He is the one guy along with maybe Bam that I wouldn't like to see traded. Not sure Winslow would make much sense in Philly as they already got Simmons. I am also more convinced after last year that Winslow ceiling is higher than Richardson.

J-Rich, 1st rounder, and whatever other role players Philly may want except Winslow.

Winslow is your typical 3-and-D wing player, as his shooting has gotten better since being in the league. And agreed on the ceiling part as I think Richardson as hit his ceiling already. Simmons can play the 4 while you can plug in Winslow at the 3.

But your trade package does sound good, it's just if the 76ers are willing to accept it is the question.