• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s certainly not that black and white. Of course they should get some control but the current system has gone way overboard. There should have been sanctions of some sort for what was done during the season with Davis when he had a full season left. The team that paud him all those years was pretty much powerless.

The team put themselves in that position.

Players, especially top players, get made promises by the team they sign with in order to get them to sign.

What other recourse do they have when those promises aren't fulfilled?

I'm pretty sure that when AD signed his current deal, he was told that the Pels would get him the pieces to be a contender. It hasn't worked out that way and he decided that he wanted out. He let them know soon enough that they could actually get something for him.

It's basically the same thing that PG did in Indy and the Thunder smartly took advantage of that.

Something tells me that if the Thunder had turned that PG trade into a title, you wouldn't be trying to discount it though.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody sure is bitter their team is stuck as a 4-5 seed with no real way to get better since they are capped out with 2 max guys and a 6th man with a redunkulous contract.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever said the world revolves around us Lakers fans?

After 6 years we've finally got a light at the end of the tunnel and you're pissed we're happy about the future now?
No doubt you should be happy.....just not sure how much Pelinka had to do with it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges, orher companies don’t have to be successful as well for my company to be.

It's not apples to oranges and other franchises don't HAVE to be successful for other franchises to be.

The NBA has had stars gathering on the same teams since it's inception. The only real difference I see is that, these days, the players have more power to decide where they want to go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we see this honestly, two stars on each team:

Lebron-AD - Lakers
Kawhi- Jimmy - Clippers
Steph-Klay - Warriors
KD-Kyrie - Nets

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team put themselves in that position.

Players, especially top players, get made promises by the team they sign with in order to get them to sign.

What other recourse do they have when those promises aren't fulfilled?

I'm pretty sure that when AD signed his current deal, he was told that the Pels would get him the pieces to be a contender. It hasn't worked out that way and he decided that he wanted out. He let them know soon enough that they could actually get something for him.

It's basically the same thing that PG did in Indy and the Thunder smartly took advantage of that.

Something tells me that if the Thunder had turned that PG trade into a title, you wouldn't be trying to discount it though.

How it affects or doesn’t affect my home team has nothing to do with it. I don’t recall PG rumblings when he still had 1 1/2 years left on his deal and I sure don’t remember another player getting involved either. This one took things to a whole new level and it happened first because a player friendly commish allowed it, but mainly because of Lebrons age. Just think it was way over the top.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we see this honestly, two stars on each team:

Lebron-AD - Lakers
Kawhi- Jimmy - Clippers
Steph-Klay - Warriors
KD-Kyrie - Nets

Why didn't you list Love-Thompson- Cavs?:heh: I mean what's happening?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westgate VP of Risk Management Jeff Sherman told The Action Network’s Darren Rovell that the book moved the Lakers from +250 to +120 not because of big bets, but to protect itself against the chance that Kawhi joins the Lakers.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not apples to oranges and other franchises don't HAVE to be successful for other franchises to be.

The NBA has had stars gathering on the same teams since it's inception. The only real difference I see is that, these days, the players have more power to decide where they want to go.

You really think the league survives with 6 teams? You know that’s not true.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed $8 million to get to $32 million.

AD waiving his trade bonus created $4 million.

The moves Pelinka made created the other $4million.

The Lakers needed both of those thing to happen to get to $32 million.

So, half was created by AD and the other half by Pelinka.
Agreed.....but probably needed both halves for the type of player they might want.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to drink the caramel frappucinos but switched to coffee.....those can add up fast.

So that picture I posted was a frappucino? Like I've mentioned before not a coffee drinker. Holy crap that stuff looks like it would sit your stomach like concrete.