• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's plan B...

and I think everyone pretty much knows that...

I think either way us Lakers fans are going to be happy. In my eyes, we got AD we already won.

Getting Kawhi would be the cherry on top but I’d be happy spreading the money around to get some real good role players too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Maybe you should go back through the forum and find Hurricane's thread about it. Heck, he even wished injury on PG because of it.

His trade demands started during the season and he still had a full year left on his contract when the Thunder traded for him on July 1st 2017.

Do you think he and Westbrook never had a conversation? Maybe even before the Thunder decided to make the trade? Maybe part of the reason that the Thunder made the trade was because Westbrook was able to tell them that PG would give re-signing strong consideration?

It happened because players are allowed to talk to each other and make plans. That's allowed because there is no way to actually prevent it.

There is no doubt that Lebron and Klutch talking/recruiting AD happened (it happens all of the time, including when Stern was the Commissioner) and it would have been major tampering if anyone from the Lakers FO was able to be linked to it. It would have meant a huge fine, not being allowed to trade for AD and probably the loss of some draft picks. But since it was a player and his agent, nothing can be done.

Hell, according to reports, Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh made their plans to get together in Miami while they were on the Olympic team together. That was at least a year before it actually happened and while all 3 were under contract with other teams.

According to reports, KD and Kawhi have talked about playing together in the future. Does that mean they sign with the same team this year so they can play together after AD is healthy?

Does it mean that they both sign 1+1's or 2+1's and go to the same team a year or 2 from now?

End of the day, this kind of thing has pretty much always happened. We just know a lot more about it because of social media and 24 hour news cycles.

Difference being Davis and Lebron and agent went out of their way to make it known teams like the thunder back then need not apply. It was a complete hit job, it worked out for them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 35 his skills are diminishing.

I don't know about all of his skills.

His defensive skills have certainly diminished.

His offensive skills haven't though, at least not much. He isn't as explosive as he was. So, he kind of has to pick and choose when he uses that part of his game.

But the rest of his offensive skills are pretty much intact.

He sure as heck can't carry a team for long stretches anymore though, let alone a full season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His offensive skills haven't though, at least not much. He isn't as explosive as he was. So, he kind of has to pick and choose when he uses that part of his game.

He sure as heck can't carry a team for long stretches anymore though, let alone a full season.

Yeah and with 2 younger stars.....he may opt to defer more.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's how it was with Kobe, too...

you begin to lose your athleticism, your brain better kick in to adjust and add to to your skill set...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at it like this, man...

IF the Lakers were to win another title of course i'd be loving it...

but then the thing would be in my mind "that's what they're supposed to do as a marquee franchise". after all, I've seen them do it 11 times in my life...

now if the Chiefs were to win a Super Bowl...?

that'd be a different matter...

after all, it's something I haven't seen in 50 years...

i'd probably sound a lot like you Cavs fans in 2016...:lol:

Kiondra is a Chiefs fan....I forgot that about her.

:L

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

But if the Lakers didn't get the #4, I'm not sure the trade happens. Even with AD limiting who he'd re-sign with.

At the least, they don't get to keep Kuzma.

Keeping Kuz was a bonus.....I thought we'd have to give up all the kids.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think either way us Lakers fans are going to be happy. In my eyes, we got AD we already won.

Getting Kawhi would be the cherry on top but I’d be happy spreading the money around to get some real good role players too.

Yes, Kuz could be a solid (not great) 3rd option but we have to try and get Leonard, that super team would be sick

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno if double K's has hit his ceiling yet. hoping he develops a bit more...

but not sure how much more out of a 4 year college guy...

I think with AD, James, and possibly another star around him....he could get better, not sure how much. He's already a pretty solid player....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree he's solid, but that's about it...

As far as upside in the sense of growing into his body, developing his strength, athleticism, etc. He's likely pretty close to his ceiling.

But he can still work on things like his 3 point shooting, defense and learning the game. So, in that sense, he still has little ways to go to reach his ceiling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance the Wizards made some nice trades....nothing flashy but they added some talent....it wasn't like they were gonna be major players in FA.

I agree.

Never going to complain about gaining 3 cheap young players and a pick.