• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he somehow had landed on the Cavs (especially when James was there)....there would be a very different narrative from Cavs fans.

Imagine if he landed on the Lakers, he would become MJ

I personally have never like butthole. He is by far the most overrated player in the NBA with the exception of Harden

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a disaster in the making.
Possibly. But the Warriors were limited in options. Only one way to find out if it works and I’m ready for it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In just over a month, teams will be in training camp

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. But the Warriors were limited in options. Only one way to find out if it works and I’m ready for it.

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to see how the W's do. Curry could make a case for MVP again if they end up with a top seed.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what cracks me up about all the snipers here. What the heck else could they have done? Let KD walk for nothing? Wiggy posts the idea that they trade Iggy, Livingston, and 2 late firsts for someone...who else was out there to trade for?

I'm psyched by the creativity of the front office.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what cracks me up about all the snipers here. What the heck else could they have done? Let KD walk for nothing? Wiggy posts the idea that they trade Iggy, Livingston, and 2 late firsts for someone...who else was out there to trade for?

I'm with Wiggy, though, the mileage on their core and Klay's injury have got me worried that their window is closing sooner than expected and with the W's locked into all those long contracts that could handcuff the franchise for quite a while

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Wiggy, though, the mileage on their core and Klay's injury have got me worried that their window is closing sooner than expected and with the W's locked into all those long contracts that could handcuff the franchise for quite a while

I don't agree, but that's the glass half empty case and it's certainly possible. Again, what should they have done differently, as they had no control over KD leaving?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree, but that's the glass half empty case and it's certainly possible. Again, what should they have done differently, as they had no control over KD leaving?

I don't think the W's had a choice but to give this core another run because the fans wouldn't want anything less. I'm just not a Russell fan, I think he's a misfit. I don't know if they could have got a third team involved with the Brooklyn trade but I would have tried to explore other players in a trade. I don't think the W's get much for him in a trade later if they end up trading Russell.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the W's had a choice but to give this core another run because the fans wouldn't want anything less. I'm just not a Russell fan, I think he's a misfit. I don't know if they could have got a third team involved with the Brooklyn trade but I would have tried to explore other players in a trade. I don't think the W's get much for him in a trade later if they end up trading Russell.
I'm pretty.much exactly the opposite on all of these but I guess we'll see. But you don't have anything better, which is to be expected, why would you? None of us have ANY clue what was out there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy, Livingston, and 2 1st rounders for what 30 million player pray tell?

And those 1st roumders arent exactly great assets with where GS will be drafting. They aren't exactly going to be a top 8-10 lotto team.....

Tristan Thompson?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is possible that the window is closing.

But, like others have said, the core is not old. They play extremely well together.

They will not be favorites this year. They could lose first round or even miss the playoffs all together if they get 1 more major injury.

But if they are healthy in April, there aren’t more than 5 teams with a better chance of winning a championship.

I am not going to say they will win another because it is hard to win championships, but if I had to bet in a team to win a title at some point in the next 4 years, I would take the Clippers first and the Warriors second.

Too difficult for me to pick a team from the East right now because I have a lot of questions about each of the top contenders. And as good as Portland and Utah are, does anybody really think those teams are going to win a championship?

I don’t

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do u think?
Go look in betting exchange.
I changed it to terms he asked for.
Right @WiggyRuss
dude if you insist on there being different time frame there is 0...and i mean ZERO with a capital Z chance i take this bet. Its 6 years and 6 years- I am not giving you a fucking handicap. If you cant live with that than fuck off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think 2 first rounders, Iggy's expiring (which may net the Grizz a first rounder on its own, or at least multiple 2nd rounders), losing Livingston's expiring for nothing--- in order to give Deanglo Russell $29M a year for the next 4 years is hardly a cant miss move.

If they deal Russell after 1 year--- with that contract I think its going to be hard to even recoup the assets they gave up to get him.

but we shall see. thats why the play the games.

I do agree with you that Russell is a lot lot lot better than nothing---- but the cost was not exactly cheap-- lot of money/cap space and draft capital.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude if you insist on there being different time frame there is 0...and i mean ZERO with a capital Z chance i take this bet. Its 6 years and 6 years- I am not giving you a fucking handicap. If you cant live with that than fuck off.

Wtf are you talking about.
There is no handicap.
I made it 5 years vs 5 years.
Heat is done. Cavs 1st year was last year. You have next 4.
That equals 5.

Comprende’?

Its exactly what you wanted.
Quit making excuses.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its just the natural progression of how these teams go.

One of the GREAT advantages Golden State had was that all of thoses guys were on extremely reasonable 2nd contracts---- those deals allowed the addition of KD, they allowed Iggy to be on the roster making really really good money for a 5th best player.

Now....instead of Curry making 12M a year he is making like what? 43M a year? Instead of Klay making like 15M a year he is making $34M a year. Instead of Draymond making 16M a ayear- he is now making 24M a year.

instead of all those guys just entering their primes--- they are on the downside.

I mean- its just the natural progression--- great teams get old and expensive.

If the Warriors had showed more ability to draft and assimilate role players that might be one thing---- but even if they are GREAT at that going forward their lack of draft picks (missing 2 firsts from the Russel trade) is not exactly going to help.

This year- with Klay recovering, the huge turnover of the roster, and just plain old fatigue from going to 5 straight Finals- I dont give them a chance.

Next year will probably be their best opportunity. The following season after taht Curry will be turning 34 and it will be getting dark early if you catch my draft.