• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I’ve said before, I’m sure they both aspire to one day in this world achieve your success.
Pat Riley gets paid more to give a 1 hour speech then you earn in a year.

Chew on that.
lol....its clear when you know you are beat....WELL PAT RILEY MAKES MORE MONEY THAN YOU!! LOL.....

cmon man...you clearly know that the Heat shit their pants with how they maneuvered the cap the last few years. Even the biggest Heat homer in the world can admit that when you have shit bags like James Johnson making 16M a year, Dion Waiters making 12M a year, Kelly Olnyk making 13M a year, Ryan Anderson making 20M a year, etc....and you actually have to TRADE a guy like Josh Richardson- a solid young player on a great contract- and give away a first rounder to get under the hard cap-- to sign and trade for a guy that would have come there for nothing if you had actual cap room- that huge mistakes have been made.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its over dude. You know it, i know it. The NBA knows it.

Right now the Warriors have worse final odds than the Jazz.

They have no avenue to cap room for years and years to come. Draymond will be 30 soon. Klay will be 30 before he sees a court again and has a knee that needed to be rebuilt. Curry will be 32 before the end of the season.

Over the next few years the odds of winning a title will only shrink- not get better- as those guys continue to age- with no cap room and no way of adding any major talent.

Its not realistic at all to think that they will actually have ways to drastically improve their title chances from the 13-1 that they are this year. Curry is certainly not going to get better as he goes into his mid thirties. The front court is bad. They have not added one significant piece through the draft and development process in years.

Actually this year the odds are better for them than the Jazz, Nuggets, or Celtics to win a title. And that's just this year.

I get it, you are blinded by rage at the Warriors. Why shouldn't you be? They blocked your very very good team from winning multiple rings, and only let you have one. Heck if I were a Cavs fan I'd hate the Ws the way Celtics and Lakers fans hate each others teams. So it's no surprise you inflate the players ages, ignore the major asset they have in Russell, and so on.

But that doesn't change the facts, which we both know. The Warriors are winning a ring before the Cavs. Within 5 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I’ve said before, I’m sure they both aspire to one day in this world achieve your success.
Pat Riley gets paid more to give a 1 hour speech then you earn in a year.

Chew on that.
lol, i mean -- let me sink to your level of maturity..

OH YAH...well.....how about this--- Dan Gilbert makes more money in the time it takes him to take a piss than you will make in your lifetime!!!

haha...oh...what a burn...chew on that...lol..

i mean cmon man do you have the intellect of a 12 year old?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually this year the odds are better for them than the Jazz, Nuggets, or Celtics to win a title. And that's just this year.

I get it, you are blinded by rage at the Warriors. Why shouldn't you be? They blocked your very very good team from winning multiple rings, and only let you have one. Heck if I were a Cavs fan I'd hate the Ws the way Celtics and Lakers fans hate each others teams. So it's no surprise you inflate they players ages, ignore the major asset they have in Russell, and so on.

But that doesn't change the facts, which we both know. The Warriors are winning a ring before the Cavs. Within 5 years.
how do you figure the odds get better? You think that Curry is going to get better as he gets older? You think Klay is going to get better as he moves into his 30s with a rebuilt knee? You think Draymond is just all of a sudden going to become the shooter he was 3 years ago?
I have no clue what you are basing your prediction on. Its certainly not reality.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you figure the odds get better? You think that Curry is going to get better as he gets older? You think Klay is going to get better as he moves into his 30s with a rebuilt knee? You think Draymond is just all of a sudden going to become the shooter he was 3 years ago?
I have no clue what you are basing your prediction on. Its certainly not reality.

I did a thread just about this question. The team is more than those 3, who are still among the best big 3 in the league (there are better top twos but I can't think of a better top 3) and will be for a few more years. They aren't even close to old yet. They have a dynamic young piece that will either make them even better or be dealt for other young pieces that make them better. The stellar front office will make more brilliant moves. Giannis is very much on their radar, for example.

And odds are just odds, what were Toronto's odds to start last year? Time for other teams to have horrible injury luck.

The only thing that's changed is they went from one of the 3 best teams in NBA history to one of many contenders. The Cavs aren't contenders now, and never will be. They are doing what they can of course, but unless they get another gigantic bit of lottery luck (a #1 pick the year a LeBron-level talent is there), they aren't winning dick.

But again, the facts are undeniable:

1. The Warriors will win a title before the Cavs
2. Probably in the next few years (they are already designing the ring)
3. The Warriors are the reason your team got barely one title.

I will say, the Browns are the exciting story of the NFL right now and I hope they do well. But that's a separate issue.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i mean -- let me sink to your level of maturity..

OH YAH...well.....how about this--- Dan Gilbert makes more money in the time it takes him to take a piss than you will make in your lifetime!!!

haha...oh...what a burn...chew on that...lol..

i mean cmon man do you have the intellect of a 12 year old?

I'm quite sure you know the mortgage business better than Gilbert because he made a couple bad loans, right?

You do have one thing in common with Gilbert, two of the biggest meltdowns of all time!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a thread just about this question. The team is more than those 3, who are still among the best big 3 in the league (there are better top twos but I can't think of a better top 3) and will be for a few more years. They aren't even close to old yet. They have a dynamic young piece that will either make them even better or be dealt for other young pieces that make them better. The stellar front office will make more brilliant moves. Giannis is very much on their radar, for example.

And odds are just odds, what were Toronto's odds to start last year? Time for other teams to have horrible injury luck.

The only thing that's changed is they went from one of the 3 best teams in NBA history to one of many contenders. The Cavs aren't contenders now, and never will be. They are doing what they can of course, but unless they get another gigantic bit of lottery luck (a #1 pick the year a LeBron-level talent is there), they aren't winning dick.

I will say, the Browns are the exciting story of the NFL right now and I hope they do well. But that's a separate issue.

To simplify:

1. Warriors are and will continue to be a force in the NBA.
2. Winning titles isn’t easy.
3. Cavs without LeBron are like a fish without water.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are simply delusional at this point. Other teams in the West are young and up and coming teams while the Warriors are an older declining team that is expensive. That means their avenues to add talent will only continnue to dry up

Every year that these guys get older the odds that they can make any kind of significant run only decrease. Its not like they are ever gonna have cap room now that they signed Russell. Russell- a guy that 2 years ago looked like a bust, all of a sudden you are crowing about giving 25M a year guaranteed too. There is just as much a chance as he is a net negative in a trade as he is a net positive. How often do guys sign huge deals and see there trade value increase? it barely ever happens- if at all. And now you put him in an offense where the ball is out of his hands? The one thing that gave him the vast majority of his value?

Especially with Draymonds body type, Klays rebuilt knee, and Currys physical stature....all 3 things are negatives going forward for how they will age. The first thing to go will be the defensive ability. Zero chance Klay has the same type of defensive ability after (i) having a knee rebuilt, (ii) entering his 30's, (iii) with all the extra playoff miles that he has endured.

At one point Draymond was shooting the 3 on an amazing clip which really really separated him. That has consitently gotten worse over the years. From 38.8%, to 30.8%, to 30.1% to 28.5%. He is listed at 6'7" but is a lot closer to 6'5". When you are young and in shape and have your athleticism and a 3 point shot to keep other teams honest you can make up for that. When you are entering your 30's, have already lost a step, cant shoot the 3 anymore, , and are significantly undersized, your gonna be a lot more vulnerable.

Not only that- but the Warriors have shown the total lack of ability to develop any kind of significant role players a la the Spurs.

in the super competitive west when you have young up and coming teams with tons of talent and cap flexibility? vs. an aging team with little to no cap flexiiblity and a lack of an ability to develop ancillary players?

cmon. The dream died when Durant tore his Achilles and decided to go to the Nets. If there was any doubt a second bullet was put in its head when Klay destroyed his knee.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To simplify:

1. Warriors are and will continue to be a force in the NBA.
2. Winning titles isn’t easy.
3. Cavs without LeBron are like a fish without water.
to imitate you- let me know if i am doing this right...

fify

1. Warriors are done
2. Winning titles isn't easy
3. Heat without Wade are like a fish without water

did i do okay? lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite sure you know the mortgage business better than Gilbert because he made a couple bad loans, right?

You do have one thing in common with Gilbert, two of the biggest meltdowns of all time!
are you drunk? he has a net worth of 6.5 billion dollars. lol......in the time it took him to brush his teeth he made more money than you have in your lifetime....chew on that....lol

howd that go? was that on point?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to imitate you- let me know if i am doing this right...

fify

1. Warriors are done
2. Winning titles isn't easy
3. Heat without Wade are like a fish without water

did i do okay? lol

this was his best comeback? LOL...

as far as the Dubs go, to say their done is a complete idiot's point of view...
which I guess fits in this particular instance...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are simply delusional at this point. Other teams in the West are young and up and coming teams while the Warriors are an older declining team that is expensive. That means their avenues to add talent will only continnue to dry up

Every year that these guys get older the odds that they can make any kind of significant run only decrease. Its not like they are ever gonna have cap room now that they signed Russell. Russell- a guy that 2 years ago looked like a bust, all of a sudden you are crowing about giving 25M a year guaranteed too. There is just as much a chance as he is a net negative in a trade as he is a net positive. How often do guys sign huge deals and see there trade value increase? it barely ever happens- if at all. And now you put him in an offense where the ball is out of his hands? The one thing that gave him the vast majority of his value?

Especially with Draymonds body type, Klays rebuilt knee, and Currys physical stature....all 3 things are negatives going forward for how they will age. The first thing to go will be the defensive ability. Zero chance Klay has the same type of defensive ability after (i) having a knee rebuilt, (ii) entering his 30's, (iii) with all the extra playoff miles that he has endured.

At one point Draymond was shooting the 3 on an amazing clip which really really separated him. That has consitently gotten worse over the years. From 38.8%, to 30.8%, to 30.1% to 28.5%. He is listed at 6'7" but is a lot closer to 6'5". When you are young and in shape and have your athleticism and a 3 point shot to keep other teams honest you can make up for that. When you are entering your 30's, have already lost a step, cant shoot the 3 anymore, , and are significantly undersized, your gonna be a lot more vulnerable.

Not only that- but the Warriors have shown the total lack of ability to develop any kind of significant role players a la the Spurs.

in the super competitive west when you have young up and coming teams with tons of talent and cap flexibility? vs. an aging team with little to no cap flexiiblity and a lack of an ability to develop ancillary players?

cmon. The dream died when Durant tore his Achilles and decided to go to the Nets. If there was any doubt a second bullet was put in its head when Klay destroyed his knee.

here, lemme translate for the SANE part of the board members...

"blah-blah-blah-blahdee-blah. blah blah-blah blahdee-blah blah, blah-blah-blah"

"and in CONLUSION blah-blah-blah-MORE blah blah-blah, and blah blah blahdee blah"

there. hope that helped, everyone...:D

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you drunk? he has a net worth of 6.5 billion dollars. lol......in the time it took him to brush his teeth he made more money than you have in your lifetime....chew on that....lol

and finally, this wasn't even a good deflection lol...

TurnUp never said the guy wasn't filthy rich. nice try...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and finally, this wasn't even a good deflection lol...

TurnUp never said the guy wasn't filthy rich. nice try...

I also never said I was smarter then him at his profession, unlike @WiggyRuss who claims it every day when making a total fool out of himself criticizing Riley.
Of course it went over his head.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe on point if your sitting in a room with other mental midgets aka your piers, but to people here its just you making a fool out of yourself once again.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really implying TT could be a Laker...in fact I've said over and over it'd be next to impossible (read that until you understand).

But more likely than time travel.:L

Time travel is easy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe on point if your sitting in a room with other mental midgets aka your piers, but to people here its just you making a fool out of yourself once again.
i mean its the exact thing that you did....lol....i was imitating you......so i mean, by the transitive property "you have made a fool out of yourself once again".

oh man too funny.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also never said I was smarter then him at his profession, unlike @WiggyRuss who claims it every day when making a total fool out of himself criticizing Riley.
only person that has made a fool out himself the last few years is Riley. I mean the proof is in the pudding their slugger. I didnt make up the standings. the team is capped out, missing multiple first round picks and hasnt won a playoff series in 3 years. The Whiteside contract was abysmal- so much so that they had to take back a paperweight center that is likely to not even play- and give up a first round pick to wash their hands of the other guy they dealt for. The TJ contract was abysmal- so much so that they had to take back paperweight Ryan Anderson to get rid of him. He gave a long term lucractive contract to Dion Waiters who cant stay on the court. He gave a long term lucrative contract to James Johnson who is barely more than a replacement level player. or 12M dollars a year to Kelly Olnyk when centers like Enes Kanter are getting 5M a year.

i didnt force him to do those things.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean its the exact thing that you did....lol....i was imitating you......so i mean, by the transitive property "you have made a fool out of yourself once again".

oh man too funny.

Its actually and factually not, but don’t let that get in the way of your nonsense posting.

Are you smarter then Riley at what he does?
Yes or No.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill be the first one to say Riley is a hall of famer and used to be good--- but i mean- just look at the results-- he has been shit since LeBron left.