• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not seen the last 10 pages of this thread?

Literally every regular on these boards have ridiculed you over the last 24 hours
Excellent deflection as opposed to just admitting what a foolish comment you made.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs ain't winning shit by then.
Guess depends what "ain't shit" is.

A title? I'd bet against it as well. But in 2000 I'd have wagered against it ever happening, too. Guessing you weren't thinking a GS dynasty was coming a few years before it did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its actually and factually not, but don’t let that get in the way of your nonsense posting.

Are you smarter then Riley at what he does?
Yes or No.
at this point i think a monkey on an abicus is smarter than riley. Hes done a terrible job the last few years. the proof is in the results. You have a capped out team that owes out multiple first round picks that hasnt won a playoff series in years despite actively trying to go for it and mortgaging the future.

This is what happens when a GM's incentives do not line up with the teams incentives. it happens all over the league all the time. A famous example of it was Jimmy Buss in LA. The Lakers, as a team would ahve been much better off waiting and not signing Luol Deng and Timo Mozgov---- but Buss wanted to use that cap space to try and save his job. Less than 6 months into a 4 year contract Mozgov was already being benched for youngsters. Classic example of what is best for a team and what is best for an executive not being in line.

The same is true of the Heat--- Riley is old as dirt. He doeesnt have time to do a rebuild the right way- which is clearly needed if the Heat are to ever be more than a first round punching bag--- and i mean- they were so bad last year despite "going for it" that they couldnt even make the playoffs in the East. Detroit was better and they finished tied with the freaking Hornets. But Riley cant sit around and wait and do it the right way.

another classic example of what is good for the team and what is good for the GM not aligning. the shit bag that just got fired in Washington - Grunfeld- was another great example of that---- job on the line ,trying to win now, refused to trade guys like Ariza, Parker, Satoronsky, Bobby Portis Jr.....instead of trading those guys---all of who could have helped a contender to some point- and could have at least gotten multiple second rounders, if not a late first rounder (especially for Ariza)- he let all 4 walk in free agency for nothing.

Heat will never truly contend again until Riley is gone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, some really bad experiences seeing it when i was growing up...

kinda my own personal logic, but if i'm yelling at someone at the top of my lungs i'm certain they aren't listening to me anyways...

even when i first got married and we had disagreements i'd simply say "i'm going for a walk. Let's see how long you can argue with yourself..."

I just figure it's a waste of good energy, y'know...?
Love that line. I have been asked my opinion before and said "why don't you just give me my opinion to avoid the argument."

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill be the first one to say Riley is a hall of famer and used to be good--- but i mean- just look at the results-- he has been shit since LeBron left.

kinda the same can be said for the Cavs, y'know...?

great product they're putting on the floor...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are simply delusional at this point. Other teams in the West are young and up and coming teams while the Warriors are an older declining team that is expensive. That means their avenues to add talent will only continnue to dry up

Every year that these guys get older the odds that they can make any kind of significant run only decrease. Its not like they are ever gonna have cap room now that they signed Russell. Russell- a guy that 2 years ago looked like a bust, all of a sudden you are crowing about giving 25M a year guaranteed too. There is just as much a chance as he is a net negative in a trade as he is a net positive. How often do guys sign huge deals and see there trade value increase? it barely ever happens- if at all. And now you put him in an offense where the ball is out of his hands? The one thing that gave him the vast majority of his value?

Especially with Draymonds body type, Klays rebuilt knee, and Currys physical stature....all 3 things are negatives going forward for how they will age. The first thing to go will be the defensive ability. Zero chance Klay has the same type of defensive ability after (i) having a knee rebuilt, (ii) entering his 30's, (iii) with all the extra playoff miles that he has endured.

At one point Draymond was shooting the 3 on an amazing clip which really really separated him. That has consitently gotten worse over the years. From 38.8%, to 30.8%, to 30.1% to 28.5%. He is listed at 6'7" but is a lot closer to 6'5". When you are young and in shape and have your athleticism and a 3 point shot to keep other teams honest you can make up for that. When you are entering your 30's, have already lost a step, cant shoot the 3 anymore, , and are significantly undersized, your gonna be a lot more vulnerable.

Not only that- but the Warriors have shown the total lack of ability to develop any kind of significant role players a la the Spurs.

in the super competitive west when you have young up and coming teams with tons of talent and cap flexibility? vs. an aging team with little to no cap flexiiblity and a lack of an ability to develop ancillary players?

cmon. The dream died when Durant tore his Achilles and decided to go to the Nets. If there was any doubt a second bullet was put in its head when Klay destroyed his knee.
TL;DR

All your flailing about is to cover up your rage, because you know I'm right. I see that last part, that's a perfect example. Klay's knee isn't destroyed, he will be just as good as he was before, it's just an ACL in 2019. You're spitting mad because an untrollable Warriors fan is rubbing your face in the truth. Sorry not sorry.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me take a wild guess.
Santa brings your wife a years supply of ear plugs.
she's more like you and will stay and argue and say she doesn't want to argue.. I do what I just told you. If I don't want to argue I walk away.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess depends what "ain't shit" is.

A title? I'd bet against it as well. But in 2000 I'd have wagered against it ever happening, too. Guessing you weren't thinking a GS dynasty was coming a few years before it did.
Sure, all true
And it's also true that the improbable has already happened, and will not happen again
Even a smart basketball guy like Wiggy knows it, that's why I have him so angry

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point i think a monkey on an abicus is smarter than riley. Hes done a terrible job the last few years. the proof is in the results. You have a capped out team that owes out multiple first round picks that hasnt won a playoff series in years despite actively trying to go for it and mortgaging the future.

This is what happens when a GM's incentives do not line up with the teams incentives. it happens all over the league all the time. A famous example of it was Jimmy Buss in LA. The Lakers, as a team would ahve been much better off waiting and not signing Luol Deng and Timo Mozgov---- but Buss wanted to use that cap space to try and save his job. Less than 6 months into a 4 year contract Mozgov was already being benched for youngsters. Classic example of what is best for a team and what is best for an executive not being in line.

The same is true of the Heat--- Riley is old as dirt. He doeesnt have time to do a rebuild the right way- which is clearly needed if the Heat are to ever be more than a first round punching bag--- and i mean- they were so bad last year despite "going for it" that they couldnt even make the playoffs in the East. Detroit was better and they finished tied with the freaking Hornets. But Riley cant sit around and wait and do it the right way.

another classic example of what is good for the team and what is good for the GM not aligning. the shit bag that just got fired in Washington - Grunfeld- was another great example of that---- job on the line ,trying to win now, refused to trade guys like Ariza, Parker, Satoronsky, Bobby Portis Jr.....instead of trading those guys---all of who could have helped a contender to some point- and could have at least gotten multiple second rounders, if not a late first rounder (especially for Ariza)- he let all 4 walk in free agency for nothing.

Heat will never truly contend again until Riley is gone.

Clearly I’m not reading all that, but to confirm.
You are saying you are smarter and could do a better job ( more qualified) to run the Miami Heat then Pat Riley?

Please, just yes or no.
No explanation needed.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, all true
And it's also true that the improbable has already happened, and will not happen again
Even a smart basketball guy like Wiggy knows it, that's why I have him so angry

lol @Wiggy & "smart basketball guy"...

his arrogance belies that completely...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said with him gone they'll suck for a decade.

If you say so, sugar.
Find the post.
That being said, I expect they probably will if you define suck as contend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just funny- cracks me up.

I will GUARANTEE that when we look at the Heats first 6 years post-LeBron and the Cavs first 6 years post LeBron that the Cavs will have had much much more success.

Problem for the Heat is obviously Riley. Having a GM thats interests arent aligned with the best interests of the franchise is always a mistake.
Heat will probably win more games and that's what he'll use to counter this. To me, the success is where you are after you complete your plan.

Now, had the Heat become a contender in those 6 years then, sure count the wins.....but they didn't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Wiggy & "smart basketball guy"...

his arrogance belies that completely...
Come on being arrogant doesn't mean you aren't smart. Usually the opposite. He knows basketball he's just a massive homer and a troll, and now another troll has him shook with facts about his team and the team that fucked his team over.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly I’m not reading all that, but to confirm.
You are saying you are smarter and could do a better job ( more qualified) to run the Miami Heat then Pat Riley?

Please, just yes or no.
No explanation needed.
at this point a monkey with an abicus can do a better job than Riley. The proof is right in front of your face. Results speak louder than any words can.