• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gold diggers? def. Beasley

a girl that is financially independent that is intelligent has a work ethic and some ambition? Easy answer
Yep. Also Beasley.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heading into last summer? lol...i mean how stupid are you? he paid a ton of money last year for an awful team.

he leveraged his check book into getting multiple extra first round picks and second round picks.

I mean do you even follow the NBA outside of the Heat? The guy took on tens of millions of dollars of bad contracts like Delly, Henson, Knight, and others like Burks, Stauskas, etc. in order to get additional first and second rounders. Its why instead of having 1 first round pick in Garland they also added the other TWO first rounders and had a great draft--- and they STILL have multiple extra picks into the future.

In a year where they had no chance to do anything Gilbert purpousefully took on tens of millions of extra salary commitments to jump start the rebuild.

I mean you do you pay attention to the NBA at all? for fucksake..lol

only reason the Cavs had 3 first rounders, and have EXTRA first rounders and 2nd rounders in the future is because Gilbert said--- sure --- ill take on tens of millions in bad contracts if you give me your draft picks. Just think about that.

On the other side you have Arison giving away first rounders to save money. Could not possibly find a better illustration of an owners willingness to spend than the Heat attaching a first rounder to Harkless to SAVE MONEY while Gilbert is taking on Henson, Delly, Knight, to get EXTRA picks.

right there in your face man and you are either too ignorant to see it or just dont follow the league.

It's looking like my post went over your head.
I'll simplify.
Gilbert spent cash time James was there, and James still left.
Arison gave LeBron the most he could all 4 season, he still left.

See the pattern?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt true of many. I agree with you in the sense I have never liked Lebron. Didn't mind saying so when he was here.

But he helped us win a title, so I'm thankful. I suspect you will be too....grudgingly.

I have never been a big fan either, although can respect his abilities. I just want his presence on the Lakers to "turn the tide" and get them back on the map, which so far he has done. Getting Davis is the big ticket so far IMO, since Lebron should be hitting his decline soon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like my post went over your head.
I'll simplify.
Gilbert spent cash time James was there, and James still left.
Arison gave LeBron the most he could all 4 season, he still left.

See the pattern?
Arison absolutely did not give LeBron all he could for 4 seasons. That is total horseshit. But- i am not going down this well tread road yet again.

And even though James left, Gilbert continued spending big time, taking on tens of millions in bad salaries for extra picks---- spending lots of money that you said he would not spend once LeBron left.

The Cavs---- taking on bad contracts to get extra first rounders

The Heat---- using 1st round picks to get teams to take their bad contracts

could not get a more stark comparison than that

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did not ignore. You deflected. And for some reason called me out and not the guy who thought time travel was more likely.

But you be you. Never change.

Again, you either move the goalposts or twist people's words on every argument, which is the most infuriating. I've argued against the time travel crap before (the stupid Eddie Jones vs Kuzma discussion). Asking how Jordan would fare in the modern NBA is a worthwhile discussion, even if there can't ever be a knowing conclusion. Asking if a team that is capped out would take an $18M player if gifted the extra cap space isn't a question whatsoever. Every competitive team would use extra cap space if available. It proves nothing pertinent about the player in question though. Is a player worth $18M if you have to gift someone $20M to take him? I'd argue no.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a big fan either, although can respect his abilities. I just want his presence on the Lakers to "turn the tide" and get them back on the map, which so far he has done. Getting Davis is the big ticket so far IMO, since Lebron should be hitting his decline soon.
I would just add I would want a true leader and not just a guy who tells everyone he's a leader. AD, maybe, once he gets used to the surroundings a little more? Can't say I know if he's that type of guy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true, that's worth a ban.

Maybe I'll get a longer (permanent?) one for arguing too much than someone who put another's personal info on the site.

Yeah...ya gotta love this forum.

So, now you're arguing against nobody in particular whether you should get banned or not? You don't even need a topic, do you?

:noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just add I would want a true leader and not just a guy who tells everyone he's a leader. AD, maybe, once he gets used to the surroundings a little more? Can't say I know if he's that type of guy.

He may not be, but he's an immensely talented player that should continue to draw others to play with him, especially if the Lakers experience some success before Lebron leaves.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you either move the goalposts or twist people's words on every argument, which is the most infuriating. I've argued against the time travel crap before (the stupid Eddie Jones vs Kuzma discussion). Asking how Jordan would fare in the modern NBA is a worthwhile discussion, even if there can't ever be a knowing conclusion. Asking if a team that is capped out would take an $18M player if gifted the extra cap space isn't a question whatsoever. Every competitive team would use extra cap space if available. It proves nothing pertinent about the player in question though. Is a player worth $18M if you have to gift someone $20M to take him? I'd argue no.
It's not about whether it's a worthwhile discussion here as you are now moving the goalposts. Ironic, huh?

You said the TT debate was foolish as it is a hypothetical that could never happen. Pretty much your words exactly. I then brought up the long recet thread about MJ in which many are partaking. It is painfully obvious the TT debate would be more likely to really happen than something involving time travel.

This isn't really debatable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny I thought it was an open forum. I can only comment and ask questions to certain people in certain threads now? Way to turn this into a Nazi board.

I guess I missed the part where Nazis were the ones trying to keep things civil, lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now you're arguing against nobody in particular whether you should get banned or not? You don't even need a topic, do you?

:noidea:
And here you are jumping in trying to start an argument. I know....it's me, not you. No one in particular? I know everyone involved.

Ya gotta love this forum.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison absolutely did not give LeBron all he could for 4 seasons. That is total horseshit. But- i am not going down this well tread road yet again.

And even though James left, Gilbert continued spending big time, taking on tens of millions in bad salaries for extra picks---- spending lots of money that you said he would not spend once LeBron left.

The Cavs---- taking on bad contracts to get extra first rounders

The Heat---- using 1st round picks to get teams to take their bad contracts

could not get a more stark comparison than that

Agree that no need to go down that road again, and in this case I didn’t type one negative word about Gilbert.

I’ll say it again though, let me know when this great Cavs plan pays off.
Until then you typing the same 1000 words means nothing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about whether it's a worthwhile discussion here as you are now moving the goalposts. Ironic, huh?

You said the TT debate was foolish as it is a hypothetical that could never happen. Pretty much your words exactly. I then brought up the long recet thread about MJ in which many are partaking. It is painfully obvious the TT debate would be more likely to really happen than something involving time travel.

This isn't really debatable.

Nobody in the MJ thread is implying that it would be possible for prime MJ to suddenly play in the league.

You think there's any level of possibility that the NBA and the Cavs would gift TT his free agency and the Lakers an addition $20M in cap space?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here you are jumping in trying to start an argument. I know....it's me, not you. No one in particular? I know everyone involved.

Ya gotta love this forum.

Not arguing, ridiculing. Pointing and laughing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a totally impossible hypothetical. $20M does not just fall from the heavens.
This is where we started...you said the above avoiding answering a direct question as you are wont to do.

I followed saying this....

OK, and that's why it's a hypothetical. We discuss a number of hypotheticals here that cannot happen.

Think we are on page 4-5 of whether MJ would still be GOAT if he played today in his prime. Without Doc Brown I don't see that happening to find out

you then followed with this - That makes more sense to me than figuring out how the Lakers THIS SUMMER would have the same roster for $20M cheaper, minus Boogie's $3.5M.

N
ow keep in mind we were talking about hypotheticals as you implied we should not talk about totally impossible hypotheticals

so, yes, to you, time travel happening makes more sense.

Goal posts moved early by you to avoid answering a direct question, but I kept them steady.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the MJ thread is implying that it would be possible for prime MJ to suddenly play in the league.

You think there's any level of possibility that the NBA and the Cavs would gift TT his free agency and the Lakers an addition $20M in cap space?
the entire point of the thread is about what MJ would do if he played in the league today.

To answer your question, I do not. And forgive me for going in circles, just like I don't think there's any chance prime MJ can play in today's game.

And I think more likely something happens to make the TT situation occur than time travel for the MJ situation.

Deflect away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we started...you said the above avoiding answering a direct question as you are wont to do.

I followed saying this....

OK, and that's why it's a hypothetical. We discuss a number of hypotheticals here that cannot happen.

Think we are on page 4-5 of whether MJ would still be GOAT if he played today in his prime. Without Doc Brown I don't see that happening to find out

you then followed with this - That makes more sense to me than figuring out how the Lakers THIS SUMMER would have the same roster for $20M cheaper, minus Boogie's $3.5M.

N
ow keep in mind we were talking about hypotheticals as you implied we should not talk about totally impossible hypotheticals

so, yes, to you, time travel happening makes more sense.

Goal posts moved early by you to avoid answering a direct question, but I kept them steady.

"WE" are not page 4-5, as I am not part of that thread. I'm not going to continue to argue which hypothetical is a bigger waste of time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WE" are not page 4-5, as I am not part of that thread. I'm not going to continue to argue which hypothetical is a bigger waste of time.
the we is all of us. The hypotheticals happen all the time. And, yes, the TT situation a more likely occurrence than one involving time travel.

what's funny is you acknowledge the TT discussion is one and you hate such discussions....and you took part.

Hilarious.