• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if thats the criteria then let me know when the Heat contend....lol

Riley's last success will come because of LeBron. That has to be a biter pill to swallow.

I’ve said I wasn’t unhappy with Heat moves. Results are what they are.

You are the one setting criteria's, not me.
You wanna lose till you can contend.
So, let me know when you’re in that position vs telling about great plans to get there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said I wasn’t unhappy with Heat moves. Results are what they are.

You are the one setting criteria's, not me.
You wanna lose till you can contend.
So, let me know when you’re in that position vs telling about great plans to get there.
lol "wasn't unhappy" --- thats a double negative there slugger. That means you WERE happy.

at least we can agree on one thing-- RESULTS ARE WHAT THEY ARE. lol.

If the Sixers are not "over the hump"---- then the Heat certainly are not either- and are basically lumped in the same category as the Cavs. Absolute non-contenders.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the cavs plan to give this to the players:

7-reasons-why-space-jam-was-totally-realistic-1-3741-1416418521-8_big.jpg

yup, if you're gonna watch great basketball ...

...don't turn on a Cavs game...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers are not "over the hump"---- then the Heat certainly are not either- and are basically lumped in the same category as the Cavs. Absolute non-contenders.

:crazy:

I think we're breaking records for the amount of consecutive "Dumbest shit I've read this year" posts in the last month.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy:

I think we're breaking records for the amount of consecutive "Dumbest shit I've read this year" posts in the last month.

I think what TurnUp was talking about originally was winning a title...

which means it's no surprise WiggityWack tried to deflect ...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol "wasn't unhappy" --- thats a double negative there slugger. That means you WERE happy.

So, in other words, neither the Heat, Sixers, or Cavs are contenders. Now that we have established that...how about shutting the fuck up about it or continue it in the Tristan/Whiteside thread where it belongs?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in other words, neither the Heat, Sixers, or Cavs are contenders. Now that we have established that...how about shutting the fuck up about it or continue it in the Tristan/Whiteside thread where it belongs?
id say if you have won playoff series in back to back years and are one of the favorites in your conference you are a contender. Apparently @TurnUpTheHeat does not think so but i certainly do.

Cavs and Heat def. dont fall under that criteria but the Sixers certainly do

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what TurnUp was talking about originally was winning a title...

which means it's no surprise WiggityWack tried to deflect ...

One-nut likes to talk shit without seeing a single game of the 19/20 season.

To group the cavs and Heat in the same tier is just ridiculous.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id say if you have won playoff series in back to back years and are one of the favorites in your conference you are a contender. Apparently @TurnUpTheHeat does not think so but i certainly do.

Cavs and Heat def. dont fall under that criteria but the Sixers certainly do

Back to back 2nd round exits doesn't make you a contender. It shows that a team may be moving in the right direction. But if they never improve past a 2nd round exit, they weren't contenders.

To be fair to the Sixers, they went 7 games and it took a miracle shot to beat them. So they're damn close. Is there a level that's better than "just a playoff team" but not quite a contender"? A pre-contender. Lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sixers are primed to be really good--- not only this year but for the foreseeable future.

I mean shit- they have Embiid, Simmons and Harris all signed up long term. They have Richardson signed up for 3 more years extremely cheap as their 4th guy--- a role he should excel in. They have Al Horford- a pro's pro that still has plenty left in the tank.

They have some good young talent on the horizon with Zhaire Smith and Thybulle and Korkmaz. Trey Burke is a serviceable end of the rotation backup......Mike Scott and Kyle O Quinn decent backups.....

Philly is a helluva team. They were pretty good 2 years ago with a very young core--- they were solid last year and should only be better this year and for years to come.

Think we are going to see a lot of Philly winning playoff series and contending in the East for the next 3-5 years.

Embiid has the upside to be the best player in the entire NBA. He can do everything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Satisfied probably a better word, because I would have been happier to see Wade get one last playoff run.
What you can't seem to grasp is that the NBA is ENTERTAINMENT to me. I prefer the Heat to be top tier, but if not, it's ok.
I'm content watching all the other great players/ teams throughout the year and playoffs.
If you want to suck, switch teams, hide, and whatever else you do, be my guest.
Maybe get a life and then you can better put things in perspective.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back 2nd round exits doesn't make you a contender. It shows that a team may be moving in the right direction. But if they never improve past a 2nd round exit, they weren't contenders.

To be fair to the Sixers, they went 7 games and it took a miracle shot to beat them. So they're damn close. Is there a level that's better than "just a playoff team" but not quite a contender"? A pre-contender. Lol

I think the Sixers are primed to be really good--- not only this year but for the foreseeable future.

I mean shit- they have Embiid, Simmons and Harris all signed up long term. They have Richardson signed up for 3 more years extremely cheap as their 4th guy--- a role he should excel in. They have Al Horford- a pro's pro that still has plenty left in the tank.

They have some good young talent on the horizon with Zhaire Smith and Thybulle and Korkmaz. Trey Burke is a serviceable end of the rotation backup......Mike Scott and Kyle O Quinn decent backups.....

Philly is a helluva team. They were pretty good 2 years ago with a very young core--- they were solid last year and should only be better this year and for years to come.

Think we are going to see a lot of Philly winning playoff series and contending in the East for the next 3-5 years.

Embiid has the upside to be the best player in the entire NBA. He can do everything.

Obviously they should be a top tier team, but until you are, you aren't.
Then, weigh how many years of fucking awful they were to possibly get there.
It's just not my thing.
I've said it before, if I'm investing my time and cash, I'm not into losing like that.
If you are a casual bandwagon fan, then I can see it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just not my thing.
I've said it before, if I'm investing my time and cash, I'm not into losing like that.
well again, you have to use your brain. The Twolves were awful for decades--- but one regime cant be held responsible for the sins of past regimes.

Sam Hinkie, the architect of The Process was hired as general manager in the 2013 offseason, before the 2013-2014 season.

The Sixers won a playoff series in '17-18.

Under Hinkie, in the 2013 draft they selected Noel- who wouldnt player the following year due to injury--- this is what started The Process.

So --- under Sam Hinkie - they sucked for:

'13-'14 (which was inevitable anyway with what he took over)
'14-'15
'15-'16
'16-'17

and then won a playoff series in '17-'18.....

so yah---instead of say- a 2 year rebuild- it was a 4 year rebuild. 4 years really that long?

Right now its been how long since the Heat won a playoff series? last time they won a playoff series was in '15-'16......

and now the Sixers are set up to be in great shape with Embiid, and Simmons as cornerstones for the long haul.

So, please- dont act like it was a decade that The Process was going on for before they got good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just not my thing.

To me, it depends. I wouldn't want to go through a prolonged tank like the Sixers or Cavs. But I also wouldn't want to be in that NBA purgatory where season after season you are a playoff caliber team, but never get past the 2nd round and have no way to improve enough to get past that level.

Imo, tanking isn't that bad as long as there is a clear plan and the fans are in on it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Hinkie, rebuilt a franchise from the ground up to have continous success for the long haul in 4 years.....and at least 2 of those years they would have sucked ass anyway with even the most aggressive of plans- if say some GM wanted to come in, trade picks, sign a bunch of mediocre guys and try and win every last game to get a shitty seed in the East and be a first round knockout (or, as they call it, the "Riley Way").

going from a roster totally destitute of talent, to being set for sustainable long term success in 4 years sound pretty awesome to me.

Id much prefer that then try and claw and scrounge for every last win, trade away a bunch of picks to try and improve a mediocre team to slightly more than mediocre and have no way of ever being anything more than a pseudo-contender.

Cavs will probably be on a similar time line really. And then they will be set up for continuous, sustained success with a core that will be together moving forward.