• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it depends. I wouldn't want to go through a prolonged tank like the Sixers or Cavs. But I also wouldn't want to be in that NBA purgatory where season after season you are a playoff caliber team, but never get past the 2nd round and have no way to improve enough to get past that level.

Imo, tanking isn't that bad as long as there is a clear plan and the fans are in on it.
and i mean, whats "prolonged"? i mean as a Lakers fan you are entering year 7 without a playoff series win I believe.

4 years is definitely not a short amount of time in the NBA- but there are certainly teams that go a lot longer than that without winning --

if the Cavs go from having a pretty bare roster- post LeBron because of the pressure of constantly making win-now moves while LeBron was here for those 4 years------- and in a 4 year time span go from that bare roster---- to being where the Sixers are----- primed to have a winning core that can compete and win playoff series for a 4-6 year stretch-- and have an actual legit shot at getting elite players that can help contend to get to or win a conference final- then it will be well well worth it.

Shit--- in the last 4 years the Heat have won one playoff series and no one has considered them a contender and right now they are capped out with some of the least draft capital in the league. i hardly see how that is desirable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get you don’t like the Heat.
I’ll live.
You’ve said the other stuff 1000x.
Don’t care.

Let us know when this Cavs plan pays off.
It's a 3-4 year plan I'd think. You get they just finished year 1, right?

But I'll keep you posted.

This will be year 6 for Miami, right, since Lebron left?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs won't win another title for decades. Facts.
while I don't disagree this could happen I'll still assume you are aware it's an opinion.

Cannot say in early 2000s I ever saw a Cavalier title coming.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well again, you have to use your brain. The Twolves were awful for decades--- but one regime cant be held responsible for the sins of past regimes.

Sam Hinkie, the architect of The Process was hired as general manager in the 2013 offseason, before the 2013-2014 season.

The Sixers won a playoff series in '17-18.

Under Hinkie, in the 2013 draft they selected Noel- who wouldnt player the following year due to injury--- this is what started The Process.

So --- under Sam Hinkie - they sucked for:

'13-'14 (which was inevitable anyway with what he took over)
'14-'15
'15-'16
'16-'17

and then won a playoff series in '17-'18.....

so yah---instead of say- a 2 year rebuild- it was a 4 year rebuild. 4 years really that long?

Right now its been how long since the Heat won a playoff series? last time they won a playoff series was in '15-'16......

and now the Sixers are set up to be in great shape with Embiid, and Simmons as cornerstones for the long haul.

So, please- dont act like it was a decade that The Process was going on for before they got good.[/QUOTE

It was a decade that people had to pay good money and invest time, regardless the reason.
No discounts. No refunds. Bad basketball.
I understand you don’t grasp it, but fuck that as a preferred choice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said I wasn’t unhappy with Heat moves. Results are what they are.

You are the one setting criteria's, not me.
You wanna lose till you can contend.
So, let me know when you’re in that position vs telling about great plans to get there.
Fair, but the last 3-4 year plan worked. If this one is also a 3-4 year plan, maybe it would be more realistic to ask where they are after, say, 3-4 years?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy:

I think we're breaking records for the amount of consecutive "Dumbest shit I've read this year" posts in the last month.
what did he say you disagree with?

A) If Sixers are not over hump, Heat are not either
B) Neither the Cavs nor Heat have a shot at a title

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, but the last 3-4 year plan worked. If this one is also a 3-4 year plan, maybe it would be more realistic to ask where they are after, say, 3-4 years?

All I've said is there's no need to write 1000x what a great plan it is.
When it succeeds, then come here and let us know.
I'll be the first to congratulate you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in other words, neither the Heat, Sixers, or Cavs are contenders. Now that we have established that...how about shutting the fuck up about it or continue it in the Tristan/Whiteside thread where it belongs?
TurnUp said the Sixers are not contenders. wiggy said they were.

When you post based on poster and not post you can get caught making foolish comments.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did he say you disagree with?

A) If Sixers are not over hump, Heat are not either
B) Neither the Cavs nor Heat have a shot at a title

Nobody mentioned the Heat as anything except him.
Nobody compared the Heat to anything except him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TurnUp said the Sixers are not contenders. wiggy said they were.

When you post based on poster and not post you can get caught making foolish comments.

I said they haven't been and until they are, they aren't.
At least get to the ECF.
Technically, 16 playoff teams are all contenders by definition, if you want to go there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Satisfied probably a better word, because I would have been happier to see Wade get one last playoff run.
What you can't seem to grasp is that the NBA is ENTERTAINMENT to me. I prefer the Heat to be top tier, but if not, it's ok.
I'm content watching all the other great players/ teams throughout the year and playoffs.
If you want to suck, switch teams, hide, and whatever else you do, be my guest.
Maybe get a life and then you can better put things in perspective.
Just curious...why couldn't someone watch their team suck but also enjoy watching other great teams/players throughout the year?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I don't disagree this could happen I'll still assume you are aware it's an opinion.

Cannot say in early 2000s I ever saw a Cavalier title coming.
FACTS

Don't ask me how I know. Let's just say it involves some of that time travel you guys have been going on about.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dont be stupid and purposefully ignorant @TurnUpTheHeat

Hinkie took over in the summer of 2013 and started "The Process". You cant hold him accountable for the bad gms that came before him.

The Process started in 2013-2014

it took 4 seasons

not a decade

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dont be stupid and purposefully ignorant @TurnUpTheHeat

Hinkie took over in the summer of 2013 and started "The Process". You cant hold him accountable for the bad gms that came before him.

The Process started in 2013-2014

it took 4 seasons

not a decade

Where did I say he didn’t?
I said if Im investing time and money, Im not happy sucking for a decade.
Im sure they had tons cancel their tickets, but many die hards aren’t giving up their seats, or are upgrading when others leave.
I’m happy for them now, but it doesn’t erase the past.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it depends. I wouldn't want to go through a prolonged tank like the Sixers or Cavs. But I also wouldn't want to be in that NBA purgatory where season after season you are a playoff caliber team, but never get past the 2nd round and have no way to improve enough to get past that level.

Imo, tanking isn't that bad as long as there is a clear plan and the fans are in on it.
What do you consider a long tank. I mean, while not calling it a tank, LA is going into year 7 and have not won a playoff series in that time, correct? And that's as a FA destination.

Would love to get it done sooner, but I don't think 4 years would be too long IMO.