• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only comprehension issue in this debate is you not having a fucking clue of Haslems importance to the Heat over the last 16 years.

How many posts are you going to make saying the same thing on a topic you obviously know nothing about?
I do get the importance...we just have a difference of opinion on how much talent matters in the equation.

Seems the one going on another profanity induced tirade because someone differs in their opinion is the one with the "strong opinion".

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get the importance...we just have a difference of opinion on how much talent matters in the equation.

Seems the one going on another profanity induced tirade because someone differs in their opinion is the one with the "strong opinion".

Using the word fuck, once, equals “ profanity induced tirade”?

If you’re that sensitive this could be the wrong place for you.

Anyway, please explain to us how talent matters one bit if he is being strictly kept for leadership and out of loyalty?

And, yes, I have a strong opinion because its an informed one.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the word fuck, once, equals “ profanity induced tirade”?

If you’re that sensitive this could be the wrong place for you.

Anyway, please explain to us how talent matters one bit if he is being strictly kept for leadership and out of loyalty?

And, yes, I have a strong opinion because its an informed one.
You can say fuck all you want. Can even go on a name calling rant. And your posts show you have the strong opinions, as I said. Not me.

I explained why I thought there is a difference and talent matters (when the discrepancy is so great) but also said "this is my opinion but I understand your point of view."

But if you want to keep this going have at it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say fuck all you want. Can even go on a name calling rant. And your posts show you have the strong opinions, as I said. Not me.

I explained why I thought there is a difference and talent matters (when the discrepancy is so great) but also said "this is my opinion but I understand your point of view."

Talent makes no difference why the Heat did what they did since he isn’t here to play.
Please explain why it matters.

If Dirk had a hip replacement and wanted a min contract roster spot, to offer leadership, Cuban would give it to him.

Move was based on leadership and loyalty. Past performance on court is a zero factor. UD is all time Heat leading rebounder if you need a fun fact.

Thank You.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,003.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irony.

You argue the same topic for weeks....especially when you first joined.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irony.

A topic ( UD), that he knows nothing about.

@dtgold88
We all agree that UD was never the most talented.
He was undrafted and overweight.
How many undrafted players make it in the NBA for now 17 seasons?

Heat will retire his jersey right next to Wades, and for good reason.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,003.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent makes no difference why the Heat did what they did since he isn’t here to play.
Please explain why it matters.

If Dirk had a hip replacement and wanted a min contract roster spot, to offer leadership, Cuban would give it to him.

Move was based on leadership and loyalty. Past performance on court is a zero factor. UD is all time Heat leading rebounder if you need a fun fact.

Thank You.
This since Dirk's last season he was trash basically.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irony.

takes 2 to argue. Irony.

Try and stay on topic, though. I have an opinion here, but can respect the other side. Another seems to be having another meltdown because I don't agree.

#themsthefacts

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A topic ( UD), that he knows nothing about.

@dtgold88
We all agree that UD was never the most talented.
He was undrafted and overweight.
How many undrafted players make it in the NBA for now 17 seasons?

Heat will retire his jersey right next to Wades, and for good reason.
anyone say otherwise?

Probably why I started out saying I don't disagree at all with them signing him. For some reason you think because we cheer for the same team I took wiggy's stance and said it was foolish to sign Haslem.

I have a reasonable disagreement in that I don't think signing Haslem is the same as Nowtizki. You think it's the same and for some reason will not be satisfied unless I agree....even though I said I get your point of view.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone say otherwise?

Probably why I started out saying I don't disagree at all with them signing him. For some reason you think because we cheer for the same team I took wiggy's stance and said it was foolish to sign Haslem.

I have a reasonable disagreement in that I don't think signing Haslem is the same as Nowtizki. You think it's the same and for some reason will not be satisfied unless I agree....even though I said I get your point of view.

Who has been more loyal, UD , Dirk, or equal?

Who has been the better leader/role model, UD , Dirk or equal?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though. I don't see the point of the comparison.

As far as how good they were/talent, UD and AC are a better comparison. Hell, they're practically the same player from that perspective.

But that's not what this is about.

End of the day, it's teams rewarding a player for their service and loyalty. It doesn't matter whether one player was better than the other.

Dirk was a better player than UD, but the reason for the contract is the same.

Sure, but the inclusion of Dirk in the convo was completely unnecessary and problematic (as we have seen here). Nobody is really arguing the point about Haslem (other than some Wigged out character), just the comp.