• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met Haslem, at the Ritz Carlton once

Only thing i remember about him was he has cornrows and he is really tall in person

Whats crazy is that as tall as he is, he gets dwarfed by so many others.
Speaking of, even undersized, he played C on some of the Big 3 team rotations and pretty much held his own.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant on if the Warriors mishandled his calf injury: ‘Hell, no’

So we got straight to it. Did the Warriors mishandle the injury?

Durant slowly straightened up with a perplexed expression on his face.

“Hell, no. How can you blame [the Warriors]? Hell, no,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “I heard the Warriors pressured me into getting back. Nobody never said a word to me during rehab as I was coming back. It was only me and [director of sports medicine and performance] Rick [Celebrini] working out every day. Right when the series started, I targeted Game 5. Hell, nah. It just happened. It’s basketball. S--- happens. Nobody was responsible for it. It was just the game. We just need to move on from that s--- because I’m going to be back playing.”

“No matter what the series was, I was aiming for Game 5,” he said. “That’s why I played when it was 3-1. No matter what, I just wanted to play in the Finals. I just wanted to hoop, especially if I could be out there. I was feeling good leading up to it. I was working out every day. I was gradually getting back to myself doing the two-a-days. I was really locked in on my game and trying to get back. I really wanted to play in that series.”

Golden State ruined the rest of Durant's career...SMDH

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of, even undersized, he played C on some of the Big 3 team rotations and pretty much held his own.

Haslem was underrated.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah NBA players are crazy tall.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant on if the Warriors mishandled his calf injury: ‘Hell, no’

So we got straight to it. Did the Warriors mishandle the injury?

Durant slowly straightened up with a perplexed expression on his face.

“Hell, no. How can you blame [the Warriors]? Hell, no,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “I heard the Warriors pressured me into getting back. Nobody never said a word to me during rehab as I was coming back. It was only me and [director of sports medicine and performance] Rick [Celebrini] working out every day. Right when the series started, I targeted Game 5. Hell, nah. It just happened. It’s basketball. S--- happens. Nobody was responsible for it. It was just the game. We just need to move on from that s--- because I’m going to be back playing.”

“No matter what the series was, I was aiming for Game 5,” he said. “That’s why I played when it was 3-1. No matter what, I just wanted to play in the Finals. I just wanted to hoop, especially if I could be out there. I was feeling good leading up to it. I was working out every day. I was gradually getting back to myself doing the two-a-days. I was really locked in on my game and trying to get back. I really wanted to play in that series.”

And he has every right to rip them if he wanted, and no reason not to, he's gone. And yet this is his take. So we can put that one to bed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm telling you guys like Dirk leaving on own terms much different than guys like Haslem.

Guys at Dirk's talent level get a much longer leash with extending their career as long as they are flexible with money/minutes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats your opinion, as mine is mine, but obviously the Heat agrees with me.

Just because Dirk is a better player doesn’t make him a better person and or leader.
not sure anyone said otherwise. But the Heat bringing him back is much different than if Dallas brought Dirk back when factoring in everything in their careers (and, yes, talent counts).

doesn't mean I have an issue they brought Haslem back...I don't blame them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure anyone said otherwise. But the Heat bringing him back is much different than if Dallas brought Dirk back when factoring in everything in their careers (and, yes, talent counts).

doesn't mean I have an issue they brought Haslem back...I don't blame them.

I don't really see a difference. Dirk was the far better player (obviously). But end of the day, it's a team giving a player a contract that is basically a thank you for their service.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see a difference. Dirk was the far better player (obviously). But end of the day, it's a team giving a player a contract that is basically a thank you for their service.
In this case I do think their talent makes a difference. Haslem has done basically nothing for half a decade. dirk has at least contributed and is an all time great. As was pointed out earlier and I agree.....AC Green a better comparison than Dirk to Haslem.

Just my opinion.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case I do think their talent makes a difference. Haslem has done basically nothing for half a decade. dirk has at least contributed and is an all time great. As was pointed out earlier and I agree.....AC Green a better comparison than Dirk to Haslem.

Just my opinion.

Haslem has done ALOT, just not on the court during games.
I get you don’t follow Haslem or the Heat, but find it interesting you have such a strong opinion thats not based on anything but you looking at boxscore stats.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion.

That's just it though. I don't see the point of the comparison.

As far as how good they were/talent, UD and AC are a better comparison. Hell, they're practically the same player from that perspective.

But that's not what this is about.

End of the day, it's teams rewarding a player for their service and loyalty. It doesn't matter whether one player was better than the other.

Dirk was a better player than UD, but the reason for the contract is the same.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslem has done ALOT, just not on the court during games.
I get you don’t follow Haslem or the Heat, but find it interesting you have such a strong opinion thats not based on anything but you looking at boxscore stats.
"Such a strong opinion"?

I get that whole comprehension thing is a challenge for you, but I said I don't blame the Heat one bit for bringing back Haslem.

And I don't need to look at a box score to know the difference between Haslem and Dirk on the court.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Such a strong opinion"?

I get that whole comprehension thing is a challenge for you, but I said I don't blame the Heat one bit for bringing back Haslem.

And I don't need to look at a box score to know the difference between Haslem and Dirk on the court.

The only comprehension issue in this debate is you not having a fucking clue of Haslems importance to the Heat over the last 16 years.

How many posts are you going to make saying the same thing on a topic you obviously know nothing about?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though. I don't see the point of the comparison.

As far as how good they were/talent, UD and AC are a better comparison. Hell, they're practically the same player from that perspective.

But that's not what this is about.

End of the day, it's teams rewarding a player for their service and loyalty. It doesn't matter whether one player was better than the other.

Dirk was a better player than UD, but the reason for the contract is the same.
don't really disagree, but to me level of player matters. For instance, had a guy like Hot Rod Williams played at the same time as Lebron and they each played a long time here and each wanted to come back, I wouldn't look at the returns the same.

But I do get your POV.