• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t much better when you consider O’Neal and Marion were running on fumes and played about 50 games combined between the two of them that season.

Bigger names, but Bargnani was Bosh’s best teammate. DeRozan didn’t break out until after Bosh left.
when did Ridnour and Wesley Johnson break out?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the West wasnt much better? LOL

when the LSD is out of his system he should re-think that take.
True statement. He did say this for the period from 2006-2014. Wish I was joking.

Not sure if it's worse that he said it or other supported the notion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trying to change your opinion.
Im entitled to mine.
Hate to ruin your day, but nothing to argue about.
Sure, but opinions could be wrong and/or off base.

Ruin my day because you have a baseless opinion I can refute with facts and stats? You are great for comic relief.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team that you call “really gross” won more games without Love in 2013 than any of the prior teams won with him.

And I admit those early teams were horrible.

But let’s not act like Bosh had a good supporting cast. He did not.
I don't think Bosh's supporting cast was anything special.....but despite what you might remember, the West was not "just a little better" than the East back then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bosh's supporting cast was anything special.....but despite what you might remember, the West was not "just a little better" than the East back then.
yah I certainly do not think Bosh had a great supporting cast by any means---- but Love's supporting cast was criminally bad.

It was basically Luke Ridnour, Wesley Johnson, Nikola Pekovic and a young/rookie Rubio. That was the "core" around Love. a little Martell Webster and Michael Beasley were sprinkled in. LOL.....

I mean- it makes the early Cavs teams around Lebron look like the 87 Celtics.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo was injured most of the year and McGee is a doofus.

McGee had a PER rating of 21.88 last year, 14th among centers. Shot 62.4%, 3rd among centers. 12 pts, 7.5 reb, and 2 blocks in 22 mpg. His numbers would be even better if not for a bout of pneumonia that knocked him down in the middle of the season. He was easily the best member of the meme team. Glad to have him back this season.

Rondo played 46 games, did not miss most of the year. Regardless, he was a defensive sieve and his only real asset was his court vision on offense, but often over-passed. He made a decent amount of 3s, but still wasn't close to reliable there. I really wish the Lakers had looked elsewhere for a veteran PG, unless he's going to play better with AD joining the team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year they got a B+

Maybe that means a first round exit. That would be an improvement tho

Lakers got a C from Bleacher Report last year. USA Today gave them an A-, basically all as a result of getting Lebron, questioning all the other moves. David Aldridge ranked them 2nd, but gave basically the same explanation as USA Today.

Getting Lebron is going to get you a high grade, as is getting AD. They did make better signings around AD and Lebron this year, but still not ideal as they had to wait out the Kawhi circus.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but opinions could be wrong and/or off base.

Ruin my day because you have a baseless opinion I can refute with facts and stats? You are great for comic relief.

You really are a fucking clown.

Bosh was a perennial all-star for a reason.
You not understanding it, is a you problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are a fucking clown.

Bosh was a perennial all-star for a reason.
You not understanding it, is a you problem.
despite your mini-meltdown here, when did I say I don't understand it? I think Bosh was an exceptional player. Saying Love might be better doesn't take away from that.

Back to your meltdown.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m sorry but you were projecting when you insisted I never watched a game. Excluding Rodman, Toni Parker, Ray Allen and Draymond Green off of my list proves that you’re a box score watcher and not a viewer or true fan of the game. You have over 50,000 posts, I bet the majority of your posts were on the NFL and NCAA boards and not the NBA boards, because anyone with weak takes like this would be ridiculed off this board already. Do yourself a favor, buy league pass, park your ass on the coach with your favorite snacks and beverages and watch every game possible next season then and only then comeback and post on the NBA board.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
despite your mini-meltdown here, when did I say I don't understand it? I think Bosh was an exceptional player. Saying Love might be better doesn't take away from that.

Back to your meltdown.

So now he “might” be better?
My opinion is baseless?

Fuck off, clown.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight from DT's desktop (explains so much):

tumblr_inline_o93kxkPZCo1qe58qg_640.png

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry but you were projecting when you insisted I never watched a game. Excluding Rodman, Toni Parker, Ray Allen and Draymond Green off of my list proves that you’re a box score watcher and not a viewer or true fan of the game. You have over 50,000 posts, I bet the majority of your posts were on the NFL and NCAA boards and not the NBA boards, because anyone with weak takes like this would be ridiculed off this board already. Do yourself a favor, buy league pass, park your ass on the coach with your favorite snacks and beverages and watch every game possible next season then and only then comeback and post on the NBA board.

Yeah, have to agree those four are at least in the discussion.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......and I agree.

Clippers don't have a proven big.

Sixers have 2.

Love Trezl. But, he's undersized.

Clippers have defenders at the 1.

No staunch playmakers.

Our only advantage, in theory, is we have better shot makers.

Doesn't do us any good if they are in bubble wrap on the bench.

Advantage Sixers.

I actually see the Sixers, Bucks, Jazz and Nugz being better in the regular Season.

I don't know. I'm glad we're going into the season with no clear cut obvious dominant team. Should be interesting.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is excellent deflection but try and stay focused and answer the question. Here it is again.

He played with very little talent....and was able to coax playoff seasons. Can anyone from your list say the same as a true #1?
How is it a deflection? We measure our stars based on their performance on the biggest stage, the NBA playoffs. If we based it on the regular season then Derozan and Lowry would be living legends right now…lol
How is it a deflection? We measure our stars based on their

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGee had a PER rating of 21.88 last year, 14th among centers. Shot 62.4%, 3rd among centers. 12 pts, 7.5 reb, and 2 blocks in 22 mpg. His numbers would be even better if not for a bout of pneumonia that knocked him down in the middle of the season. He was easily the best member of the meme team. Glad to have him back this season.

Rondo played 46 games, did not miss most of the year. Regardless, he was a defensive sieve and his only real asset was his court vision on offense, but often over-passed. He made a decent amount of 3s, but still wasn't close to reliable there. I really wish the Lakers had looked elsewhere for a veteran PG, unless he's going to play better with AD joining the team.

Good post but my post was directed to the poster who claimed that the Lakers had quality veteran support on their roster. I feel those 2 missed too many games to effectively provide that support. However, McGee wasn’t too bad as you have pointed out, but he can be a big goofball at times.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now he “might” be better?
My opinion is baseless?

Fuck off, clown.
Yes...it's an opinion. Love might be better.

Back to your meltdown. Wasn't like I thought you'd own up to the mistake you made.